I can't believe she's gone...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mona

Reaction score
It's unbelievable how fast things can happen. My beautiful, special little girl left us today to be reunited with "Baylee", one of our past Boxers that we affectionately referred to as "Mother Hen", who was Molly's best friend until her passing a few years ago.

Today, my husband came home from work, and parked down at the garage to put his catch away, as he does every day. Molly and Abby were down there with him, as they usually go down to welcome him home each day. He got in the truck to drive up to the house, and he ran over Molly. I was at my desk and herd her yelp and went crying and screaming down there. He had picked her up and handed her to me when I got to him and she was limp...not yelping like a dog in pain, so I knew it was bad, as she was obviously not feeling pain, and was paralyzed from the neck down. We jumped in the car immediately and headed to the vet. We are an hour and a half away from the vet, so deep in my heart, I could tell we were losing her and she would die before we got there. I knew there was no hope to save her, but I wanted to have them put her to sleep so she didn't have to suffer.

I held her in my arms like a baby, talking to her, crying to her, and trying to comfort her. Telling her how sorry we were and how much we loved her. Told her it was OK to go...to go and be with Baylee again. I knew it was coming fast, as her gums were pale nearly immediately (within minutes) after it happened, then she started breathing very, very fast and then take a big breath. Then all her membranes were pale...her pads on her feet, her mouth and muzzle and they were cold too. Her tongue was white, and at the very end, I know she could not breath anymore as her little tongue was curling up trying to draw air in to breath. About a half hour from home, she breathed her last breath.

I am just so devastated...words just cannot express how I feel. I have never lost a pet like this before...we have lost them to age and sickness, but never to an accident. I am sure it crushed her ribs and punctured her lungs. At least we take comfort in the fact that she did not suffer in severe pain...the Lord spared her that by paralyzing her, thank you God.
pray.gif

I know Chris feels so bad and blames homself. It was not his fault. Abby and Molly were "roughousing" and I think Abby knocked her under the truck and then the back tire ran her over. There was no blood at all, thank God for that.

Rest in peace dear Molly. Please go to her webpage and look at all her photos. Her personality shines through pretty good, showing you all the "clown" she was. She was truely a special one of a kind little dog that has taken a big piece of my heart with her.

mollytoy.jpg

Oh Mona my heart breaks for you! Its SO hard if something like that happens and they dont go right away.
default_no.gif
Im SO sorry...

Oh Mona, I'm so very sorry.
default_sad.png
Horrific accidents happen so quickly. My condolences on your loss.

OMG Mona! I am so sorry for your loss! How awful for you and your husband! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Oh, Mona--

My heart just ACHES and I am crying as I read this.

May your sweet Molly be frolicking at the Bridge with Baylee until the day you are reunited with all of your beloved pets that went before you...as I hope and believe we ALL will be.

Sent with a hug,

Margo

OMG MONA! I am just sick reading this! I know how you must feel right now....like someone ripped your heart out and I am sure Chris is beating himself up too. Words cannot express my feelings. I'm so very sorry!

Hugs, Carol

Oh no... I am SO sorry!

The dogs at my barn... whenever I back my truck down there or drive back up to the gate... I ALWAYS ask the dog(s) to come in my truck for a ride because I am so paranoid. Dogs assume you won't run them over, even if we dumb humans can't see them very well. So I always have them in the truck with me when I'm driving so I know for sure where they are.

default_sad.png
:(
default_sad.png

Andrea

Mona I am so sorry for you and your husband. Its just heartbreaking. My brother owned a dog just like yours and accidentally ran over it too. Those little dogs just dart in a flash.

Thinking of you

Kay

OOOhhhh Mona!!! I am so very, very sorry I am just in tears reading this................ My stomach is all in knots and my heart is breaking, knowing that you and Chris are just besides yourselves. No words I can say will make you feel any better. Just know that I hope for you peace and calm at this time of such a tragic accident. Molly was a special little girl, I remember the first day you got her and the photos you have shared with us. I am just speechless right now......I am Sooooooo very sorry.....(((((((Hugs)))))))

Mona-

Just wanted to say I am so sorry. What an adorable dog she was!!!! Please tell Chris not to beat himself up - it was an accident, not his fault.

RIP Molly!!!

((((HUGS)))) to you Mona and Chris!

Barbie

Oh Mona...... I can feel your heart breaking. I'm so very sorry for you both and how Molly left you. Thank God she went without pain. And she was in your arms feeling your love. Please don't let your husband beat himself up over an accident.

Mona I'm so sorry for you and your husband

Terrible accidents are so hard to take but I hope

your husband can get past blaming himself

it was just a terrible accident

(((((HUGS))))) to you both for the loss of you sweet girl

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Mona...

I am so sorry. It makes me ill inside. I am so glad she didn't feel it.

I did the same thing. I had an elderly cat that from the time I was a kid, to an adult,she thought she was my guardian. She used to wait for me at the corner when I would get out of elementary school, and she would walk in front of me all the way home meowing and griping the whole way. I think she just thought I was too dumb to find my way home. When I had my two small kids, she would follow me around still. I drove my garbage can to the end of the road in the evening,with the kids in their car seats. She followed my car, meowing because she wanted her dinner. I thought she had gone back to the house, but was under my car even though I gunned the engine. I broke her back and had to take her to put her down. My loyal buddy who had taken care of me all these years.

So please tell Chris, I am horribly sorry. He would have never hurt her in a million years, and Molly knows that.

Latest posts

Back