Dog Breeds.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone's dogs are so beautiful. Right now I have a LGD, a beautiful Pyrenees named Dolly. For almost 14 years we shared our home with Chewbacca and Baby Girl. Chewy (as I called her) was a cross between a Rottweiler and a Chow/Golden mix, she was my heart. Baby Girl was a Boston Bull Terrier. Both of them were like children to us and it broke my heart to lose them. I got Dolly to live with my miniatures but she spends her days in here with me. She was 7 months old when my Chewy passed, when Dolly is gone there will be no more. It hurts too bad to lose them. Sorry but it still hurts awful. Anyway..here are a few photos of my girls.
Your Chewbacca reminded me of my chewbacca (we also called him Chewy) when I was younger... We lived in GA at the time and he was a chow/rotty mix but looked just like your girl except he had a bunch of freckles on muzzle... my step dad made my mom give him away -- along with our other dog Barbie she was a little white pomeranian mix... I don't have any pictures on my computer of him but I bet if I dug some out of old photo albums that I could find pictures of him... He was such a good dog... We got him out of a box at a gas station - someone was giving them away and he was so soft and fluffy....

Last edited by a moderator:
We have had quite a few mixes and purebreds from the time I was a kid up until now when I have my own kids, one in her early teens the other is eight.

As a kid, I have had an irish setter, a toy cock a poo, an accidentental irish setter toy cockapoo mix (mother was the setter, father was the toy cockapoo ???)parents were fixed at that point, ugliest dog you ever saw, her back end stood higher than the front, always looked like she was walking down hill, she was so loyal to us kids would have never thought twice of jumping into harms way if she thought we were in danger. We had a few more mixes growing up, they usually proved to be very loyal and obedient, one mix was a shepard, retriever and collie mix I loved him to pieces, but he was a very timid nervous dog when it came to strangers. More recently we have had a bichon, George, he was a present for my daughters first birthday. Excellant disposition, intelligent, trustworthy, much like a kid trapped in a dogs body. He passed last year. I would have considered another, but they are prone to cancer and melanomas due to their lack of pigment.

We currently have an old black lab that we took in at 10 months. My brother was getting a divorce so we brought him home, he is 12+ this year, spends most of his days sleeping, sweet old boy, then we have two small mini aussies. I was amazed with the first one Macy, she is now two, we bought her a friend, Zoey who is now almost 11 months old. INTELLIGENT like you wouldn't believe, sweet, love to herd the chickens, they have that same head tilting trait that border collies have. You talk to them and they cock their head side to side listening. Macey is the sharper of the two. She is extremely vocal, not barking, but a series of vocal sounds and pitches, she will have a 5 minute conversation with us, usually when she wants us to get off the couch and get her some treats, even going as far as climbing onto the back of th e couch,trying to push you out of your seat, then once your up, she with walk on her back legs and push you in the direction of the treat container. They are amazing, small enough to be content, exercise and play with in the house, large enough and sturdy enough to know they won't break, and they love the kids. Macy weighs about 13 pounds and Zoey now weighs about 15-16 pounds.

Below are two photos from around 2004, the kids with the old lab and one of my daughter in the pool with our dearly missed bichon George. The other is from 2011 when we first got Zoey.

We have been fortunate enough that all of our dogs have had somewhat full lives and have passed any where from 11-14ish years of age. Even George with the multiple tumors he developed in his last two years lived to be almost 13.

DSCF0285.JPG

DSC00007.JPG

P3130197.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, one of our best guard/farm dogs was a collie/coyote. Our Collie Lassie, didn't have the best choices in boyfriends and we kept one out of the litter. He was one of the most intelligent, loving dogs we ever had. We had to leave him with the people that bought our house as he had never been in the city and would not have done well. That property was all he ever knew.

Well my parents have been together for over 25 years and have ALWAYS had a doberman. Dobermans is how they met actually. They both had one and got to talking about them and it went from there
default_smile.png
I grew up with one, lost him when I was 10, got another one in 07, had to give him up due to other problems and then back in October my dad surprised me with buying the most gorgeous female we have ever had. She's only 4 1/2 months old but you can tell she is going to be BIG and BEAUTIFUL! Though I am bias, and no picture does her justice....have to see this girl in person.

Though we have had 3 mins pins (Have 2 of them still)

Then our little mutt, whom we adore
default_wub.png

So here is Kacy my pride and joy. The pictures were at Christmas so she has grown since then...Once again the pictures do her no justice...
default_no.gif

2lay9hd.jpg
5kht7a.jpg

Then Emma and Whitney "The Min Pins" Whitney is also Emma's mother, both were shelter rescues.

2n0dpi.jpg
24qn1ux.jpg

Then Foxy....oh there's so much to say about our little rescue girl. No matter where we take her, people are all over her, saying "omg she looks so much like a fox! Her legs are so short! She's adorable! Look at her tail! Looks like a Fox tail!" So she is defiantly a special little girl, she's the dog we take to the shows with us, on the boat, into town, where ever.
default_wub.png

cix54.jpg
vhf96a.jpg

Latest posts

Back