Raven's Thread: Updated video at 1 month page 78

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I wish she would just stop drop and foal right now so I could watch since I will be going to bed soon.
default_hypocrite.gif

My guess is 3:30am... a black filly
default_yes.gif

I wish they would take the colt memo down too!
Wow Megan, tonight even. Goodness. Maybe I'm not seeing the same things you guys are. I don't think it's tonight.

wishful thinking
default_yes.gif

I know those mares have tested "ready" for days and days and days.. I want Raven to test ready and foal! lol

I'm hoping for black, smokey black or palomino, but I'll take anything. We know Velvet carries creme and is a smokey black. What I don't know is if Ravey is homozygous black or not. Even though her dam is palomino with tons of palominos in her background, she still could have carried one black, right? That always confuses me. I think Ravey's sire may be homozygous for black, but I don't know.

My oh my this is getting exciting. I am going to bed soon but will be up shortly...zzzzzzzzzzzzz....and will be checking in. If she can do this say...4:00 am CST I will be in the spectator stands. Ok, so we have parents black and black, but not sure if hetero or homo for both or either, right? and then there is some cremello. I say a dark filly that will do a 180 degree turnaround on whatever color you think she is when she is a yearling! Best wishes for a healthy little one! Have you tried to to run possibilities in the color calculator? Just curious.

Assuming both carry red and black here are the possibilities:

46.88% -

Smoky Black

46.88% -

Black

3.13% -

Palomino

3.13% -

Chestnut

Hey there Parm, I have a yearling gelding in training now to show that is out of two black parents, so anything is possible. His dam is smokey black and her dam is palomino. The first foal this mare had was also palomino when bred to a buckskin, next was bay sired by a silver bay roan, then my palomino and this year bred to a grey, she had a grey. Color is a funny thing, thats for sure.

Good luck to all of you.

Palomino can NOT carry black...palomino is homozygous red with one cream. What color is the expecting sire and who could have still carried black?

shavealoosa
default_new_rofl.gif
I love it
default_new_rofl.gif

I say a filly @ 4.30am tonight . I need to go and look at daddy again before I say what colour

Wow, I cannot believe she's still preggers. I was sure she'd have it while I was getting some much needed sleep. I'm voting a little black colt.

Checking in on Raven this morning. I see that she is like my Heidi and loves to spill her water bucket. Stinker! She is fussing with her hay bag and has her decorative shavings as usual. :) Come on Miss Raven...............we are all waiting for your little wee one to arrive!
default_yes.gif
default_impatient.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I watched all night, even though I have to work all day today. And of course I have a full day of meetings, so I can't watch from work. I will be oneI unhappy horse mommy if she has it today when I can't watch!

Palomino can NOT carry black...palomino is homozygous red with one cream. What color is the expecting sire and who could have still carried black?
Well, obviously Raven carries black and so does the sire of the foal she's carrying.

Wow I had no idea there was a separate board for foalings and cams! This is excellent - well done!! Yes, we need a place for the "minis on cams" as the big horse people tend to get camera shy when it comes to the minis foaling.

Yes, Miss Raven is still very pregnant and very uncomfy. I'm shocked that she is still pregnant this morning. She is testing up and down on the strips, but the refractometer has her milk ready. She's giving us more and it's thickened up alot...very sticky.

I'm not sure if it's the weather, the diet changes (we are using some different herbs this year) or just a strange year, but everyone is testing ready forever. We have never had a year like this. Normally when they test ready they go and I swear by the Foal-Time strips. Must be that Solar thingy going on....too busy to watch the news so not sure what it's called.
default_smile.png

Heading to the barn for chores soon....and that's not shavings on Raven. It's fairy dust...(filly) LOL

Someone just came in and got her but I don't know who and why lol

Latest posts

Back