Pics of the Gang Going Bonkers!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

Yesterday was the first day in a couple that the horses that stay in the barn/dry lot got out. It's been very yucky here for a while (rain mostly, not so much snow) but yesterday it was almost 60 degrees! In december!
default_new_shocked.gif
So I played with the camera; nothing fancy just enjoying watching them run around.

Here's Mira (aka Poopy Butt - coming 2yr old, about 24-25") doing what she does best...sticking her nose in the air and trotting away!
default_laugh.png

mirarunning20081228.jpg

Here's Sera (coming 3 yr old, 27") doing her best Poopy Butt imitation.
default_laugh.png

serarunning20081228.jpg

Sera and Mira doing their impression of twins. (Lightning and Dusty, son and momma, in the background)

seramirarunning20081228.jpg

Scarlet (coming yearling, about 24") pretending she can bust a move too!
default_rolleyes.gif
(left to right in the background - Toffee, Puddin, Wiz, Star, Sweet Pea)

scarletrunning20081228.jpg

I titled this one "Fatties"
default_laugh.png
Sera and Goldie (on the far right/front are NOT pregnant!
default_new_shocked.gif
) (All left to right - Ericca, Pudding, Lightning hidden behind his momma, Dusty, Guapo, Pete, Sera, Junior, Goldie)

fatties.jpg

These next two are really special to me. This is Puddin'. Puddin' will be 27 years young in April. Pudding is a daugher of Blue Boy and has more than earned her keep for all her owners over the years. She has 14 registered foals, with more that were probably never documented. Puddin will never leave our farm I can guarantee that. She is the dam of our Lily (who recently moved to Sheryl's home in TN
default_wub.png
).

When Puddin' had Lily something in her changed. I don't know if she instinctively knew that Lily would be her last or what, but she NEVER did let Lily go. Part of the reason that I decided Lily needed a new home was because I felt Puddin' needed to be totally away from her - where she couldn't call to her, see her or smell her. Puddin' literally SCREAMED for Lily even after MONTHS of being in different pastures. But in almost a surreal moment, Puddin' just quietly watched Lily get on the trailer, watched the rig go up the road, then turned around and started grazing. She hasn't been stressed since like she usually was on a daily basis.

So, seeing Puddin' kickin' up her heels yesterday was the best Christmas present I could get.
default_wub.png

puddinrunning20081228.jpg

puddinrunning20081228b.jpg

This is Cappy (coming 18 or 19 yr old). She's Poopy's dam and a very special lady. She fractured her shoulder as a young filly and has walked with a pronounced limp ever since. She's slowing down as of late so it was really neat to see her having some fun. (Behind her are Lightning and Dusty)

cappy20081228.jpg

I thought this shot was adorable. This is Pete and Ericca. They'd run their fool heads off and then escaped into the barn for a breather. Then they stuck their heads out as if to see if the coast was clear.
default_laugh.png

peteericcaheads.jpg

And finally some group shots.

Cappy, Spring, Guapo, Lightning or Raven (can't tell), Poopy, Summer (Spring's dam), Scarlet, Dusty.

group13.jpg

group14.jpg

Thanks for looking! I'm totally in LOVE with these little guys!!
default_wub.png
They are the best stress-reliever on the market.
default_wink.png

Last edited:
Puddin'
default_wub.png
My baby's momma! I'm so glad she has finally let Lily go and is able to kick her heels up once again.

All your pictures are awesome. The one of Pete, who has an adorable head btw, and Erica is too cute! Dusty is too cute, and those two that aren't preggo -
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
lol Too cute, all of them!
default_wub.png

default_saludando.gif
Hi Parmela!!

Oh that is just TOOOOOOOO Cute!!
default_wub.png
So fun to see "part" of your place and see your horses running around! They are so funnY!! These guys are SO enjoyable!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Puddin'
default_wub.png
My baby's momma! I'm so glad she has finally let Lily go and is able to kick her heels up once again.
All your pictures are awesome. The one of Pete, who has an adorable head btw, and Erica is too cute! Dusty is too cute, and those two that aren't preggo -
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
lol Too cute, all of them!
default_wub.png
Thanks Sheryl!
default_saludando.gif
Little Pete is just too much! I swear he's never going to see 28" and his head is SO tiny. Just a little doll. He and Ericca are Oktoberfest purchases.

Dusty is a boarder here and just happens to be a daughter of my Butter. Small world, huh? Which makes her a half sister to your Piffy!

default_saludando.gif
Hi Parmela!!Oh that is just TOOOOOOOO Cute!!
default_wub.png
So fun to see "part" of your place and see your horses running around! They are so funnY!! These guys are SO enjoyable!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks Chesa!
default_saludando.gif
It's somewhat weird posting unstaged pics because I always feel like some will look at my fence and think it's wrong, or see our rusty trailers in the arena, whatever. But then I just say "who cares!" and post the pics anyway!
default_laugh.png
Life's too short!

Parmela, I thoroughly enjoyed your post! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us, and to be honest... I didn't notice anything but the horses, no fences or anything so dont worry about that and you feel free to come back with more any time ok?!

You have so many beautiful babies!!

(wahhh! I want more! ;) )

They are all just precious! Looks like they were having a wonderful time there! You have a lovely place too!

Thanks for sharing!

[SIZE=12pt]They look like they are having a ton of fun!
default_laugh.png
[/SIZE]

& they all look so healthy & happy, not to mention they're gorgeous!
default_wub.png

Those are some awesome photos Parmela, i always enjoy seeing yours
default_smile.png
. I just love the "twins"....i have some "triplets" over here
default_wub.png

Thank you so much for posting! We had about a good 3" of ice melt over the past few days and are knee deep in mud, the barn horses are just dieing to get out and kick up their heels
default_smile.png

Loved the pictures! But I have to say I did notice your fencing
default_wink.png
I noticed it looked like electric tape and thought to myself..."hmmm, she uses the electric tape, wonder how that works for her. It looks like it would be easier for them to see than cord." lol Your farm looks great just like your healthy happy horses.
default_smile.png

Loved the pictures! But I have to say I did notice your fencing
default_wink.png
I noticed it looked like electric tape and thought to myself..."hmmm, she uses the electric tape, wonder how that works for her. It looks like it would be easier for them to see than cord." lol Your farm looks great just like your healthy happy horses.
default_smile.png

We did specifically get the tape at the recommendation of the trainer I was taking riding lessons from at the time. That pasture was initially for our riding horses and she said the horses could see the tape better and would run into it less often. I do think they see it very well. We only have 3 strands and I personally think 4 would be better. My smaller minis get out of it sometimes (especially when they have their thick winter coats) since the stands are so far apart. But I think I like the tape better than the wire and will continue to use it.

Thanks for saying my horses look healthy!
default_wub.png

I absolutley love all of your horses feel free to send some of them cuties my way
default_wink.png
hint hint
default_wink.png
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back