Spring Valleys Cappuchino

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

It is with mixed feelings that I said goodbye to Cappy this afternoon. She was a very special horse and although I only had her for a small portion of her life, she will remain very close in my heart.

Cappy was at her best when she had a baby at her side.
default_smile.png
Being a momma was what seemed to make her whole. She has 8 registered foals and was bred to some great stallions in their day: Dell Teras Mr Wonderful (2x), McRaes Mr G G - National Champion (2x), Sligo Strike the Gold (3x), Seahorse Gold Melody Bar - which resulted in my National Top Ten Weanling Mare, Star Ridge Acres Golden Miracle and then Spirit for 2010.

Although Cappy wasn't gorgeous she was beautiful. She had eyes that were huge and would melt your heart. But she had this quality about her that made her a great broodmare - she gave you a copy of the stallion she was bred to. She produced appies by Strike the Gold, she produced dilutes by Mr G G and she gave me Mira who has a gorgeous head when she was bred to "Junior."

I aquired Cappy in 2006 from Christy D'Armond who had had her and loved her for many, many years. I had written Christy with a "wish list" of mares off her website and to my total surprise she said if you promise me you will keep Cappy forever and love her and take care of her she can come live with you. I was shocked! Sure, I said. And along with Cappy came a little baby cooking inside there that turned out to be my precious Mira. As many of you may remember Mira arrived on day 284 and was unable to thrive on her own. Cappy was such a trooper during those first 8 days in the hospital. But I will always remember one hilarious moment when we were all in the emergency room and Mira was basically unresponsive on a gurney and the doctors were working on her and nobody was paying any attention to Cappy because well, she was just Cappy so she was just hanging out in there with us. But while we weren't looking she had inched her way closer and closer to the gurnery and when she thought she was finally within striking distance, she reached out with lightning speed and tried to bite the vet that was putting a shunt in Mira's neck!
default_new_shocked.gif
It should have made the vet mad but instead we all just cracked up! She'd thought that through and had planned it! She then backed away again but watched us...as if to say "yeah, I'm keeping an eye on that baby."

Cappy never forgot Mira was her baby. Even when all the other horses where trying to get to her feed, she kept them all away but would allow Mira in to eat her fill. For the last 6 months or so (when Cappy's weight started to decrease) they've been apart but always talked through the fence.

Cappy had the most gentle soul. She will be missed...by me and Mira.

Here are some of my favorite pics of Cappy:

This is Cappy with Mira at Mid Rivers on day 7. Even though Cappy was only 29" tall, Mira looks TINY compared to her. I love this one because it was just Cappy being just Cappy - a momma.

mirahospital.jpg

And this is my all-time favorite and how I want to remember her - full of life, healthy and running pain-free
default_wub.png
This picture was taken less than one year ago. You can see the stiffness in her front legs, but you can also see the life in those gorgeous eyes.

cappy20081228.JPG

Godspeed beatuful Cappy
default_wub.png

Thank you for letting me share.

Last edited:
Oh gosh Parmela....I am sooo sorry about Cappy. She was lucky to have you.....
default_wub.png

So sorry Parmela!! RIP Cappy!!! You were certainly well loved.

((((HUGS))))

Barbie

I'm so sorry for your loss Parmela. I know Cappy was a very special mare to you and I bet she knew that too.

[SIZE=12pt]Parmela, I'm so terribly sorry to hear that your beloved "Cappy" has passed on. She was a beautiful little mare.... [/SIZE]

Sorry for your loss and I can see that you LOVE her so much!!..

It make my heart cried with you and God Bless you.

(((HUGS)))

What a wonderful life you have given to Cappy and what a wonderful act of kindness and love to let her go

I can't begin to tell you how very sorry I am for your loss. What a beautiful girl. Your tribute was wonderful.

I am so sorry that you have lost your beautiful Cappy - it is so heartbreaking to lose these precious older mares. You can take comfort in knowing that you have done the best for Cappy and have made her life here on earth knowing that she was very much loved.

Hugs as you deal with the loss of your special girl.

So sorry to hear you lost your girl. I have been keeping track on the other thread. <<hugs>>

I'm so sorry to hear this news - thinking of you. Your beautiful Cappy spent her last years in a truly loving home with your devoted care. She'll be your Angel watching over you and Mira.

Take care and know that friends are thinking of you~

I'm so sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif
Cappy sounds like she was a grand lady.
default_wub.png
That was a touching tribute to her and she was obviously well loved.

Latest posts

Back