Dusty is HOME! PRAISE GOD!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWA

Reaction score
Hello,

Whew boy, where to start??? Ok, first, DUSTY IS HOME FROM IRAQ! PRAISE GOD! THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone for all your prayers and encouragement for him!

He is SAFE, and HOME!!! Well, "home", as in here in American soil at least, LOL. He still has to stay up at base, but he's HOME!!!! I was able to get lots of photos of his home coming, and a little video footage of the ceremonial homecoming march and all, and will share all those as I'm able. In the mean time, here are a couple photos of his first moments with his little baby boy, Wyatte, and then all three of them TOGETHER, Dusty with his whole new family. {{{MAJORHAPPYSIGHS!!!}}}

Dusty-Wyatte1.jpg

Dusty-Wyatte2.jpg

DustyWithHisFamily.jpg

He got home Saturday afternoon, and then it was a whirl wind ALL KINDA HAPPY the rest of the day. Then on Sunday, all the rest of the family (my sis, Becky, my nephew Myles and his wife April) all went home. Then on Monday, we helped Dusty shop for a new car and got all that squared away for them with insurance coverage and everything. That took pretty much the whole day, so we just had dinner together that night after all was squared away with his new car (he got a 2009 Chevy Malibu, and LOVES it, LOL, well, so far anyways, LOL). Then the day was gone, so then on Tuesday morning we all had breakfast together then he had to go back to base to start all that he has to go through there again, and so we just made sure Sasha and the baby were all settled back in their hotel room, they are staying there with Dusty till they can get their bearings over the next few days, while looking for an apartment to stay in for the next couple months. (Long story about the house they were hoping to buy here...will tell that some day when I have time...just suffice it to say, "If it sounds too good to be true, it's probably because it is") {{{SIGHS}}} You'd think I'd know that full well by now, but anyways, LOL. They got bamboozled out of what they thought was to be their first home together...long story...ugh!!!

Anyways...so then, yesterday, after we got them settled back in the hotel, we started our trek back home to Florida. We got home last night a little after 7pm.

Well....MAJOR SUPRISE!!!! :))

Ok, not a "surprise" actually, because my nephew actually called us when it happened, LOL. ROLEX IS A DADDY TOO!!! LOL! Yeppers, Rose had her baby early! Wasn't supposed to be born till (according to our vet) until around Nov. 26th, around Thanksgiving, at the earliest. Well, HE's HERE! He's a BOY too! He was born sometime through the night between Sunday night, and Monday morning. Clayton called us about 7:30 on Monday morning and said he was already standing and nursing, but still wet. He couldn't tell though if it was morning dew wet or "baby just born" wet, LOL. So, we're thinking it was sometime Monday morning actually, that he was born. He looks to be a solid CHAMPAGNE. With just a tiny little whisper of a white star. {{{MAJORHAPPYSIGHS}}} I told Clayton he didn't have to worry about feeding him, LOL, just to make sure his momma was caring for him, and that he was nursing ok, and to try to watch a bit to make sure he goes potty and poopie. He did all that.

Well, when we got home, I didn't realize that it had gotten so COLD while we were gone. The poor baby has really bad goobers in his eyes, his left eye primarily. It's REALLY BAD! I took pics of it last night after I cleaned it out best I could in the dark anyways. Then, this morning I called our vet to let him know that Rose had her baby while we were gone, and he has really bady eye goobers. Both his eyes are blue from "champagn-ness", but his left eye is a strange almost sky blue. That has me very concerned, as I don't know if something is seriously wrong with that eye, or what just yet. Anyways, he's coming to check him out later this morning. I'll post pics of the Rolex's & Rose's baby in just a couple moments in a seperate post...btw, Rose is doing GREAT, she seemed to foal her very first baby "ok" without me. I'm so thankful for that. She's being such a good mommy too, already! :))

Well, thanks so much for letting me share! Will HOPEFULLY post much better after I get a chance to get my bearings from the past several days, and after I have a chance to have the vet look the baby foal over and let me know how he's doing.

Dusty sends he thanks to all who prayed over him. He won't say this, but he is still very much in need of continued prayers. I won't go into detail, but God knows his every prayerful need. Please, I'd be grateful to those who may be prayerfully inclined to continued to lift him up, along with his new family.

Warmest love, hugs & prayers,
default_wub.png

Tanya & Lee

Edited to Add:

Hi again,

Ok, here are some pics of Rolex & Rose's little baby boy! Introducing "SWA It's Go Time By Rolex", his barn name is "GT". :)) {{{MAJORHAPPYSIGHS}}}

These were taken last night in the dark, so not so great. I also took a close up of his eye after I cleaned it out. It was goobered shut, and withen minutes of cleaning it all out, it was full up with yellow gooper again.

GT-1Day-1.jpg

GT-1Day-2.jpg

GT-1Day-4.jpg

Well, after the vet leaves, (we have an 11am appt.), I'll be busy the rest of the day mucking out the stall (that was the only thing my nephew wouldn't do, but I'm still just thankful he took good care of all our horses and dogs for us the last several days so we could be there for Dusty's homecoming), and I also need to get a load of fresh stall shavings. Plus, after all that I hope to have some "baby time" with my new little "GT", LOL. Hope to get a couple more pics of him too, before dark tonight. Anyways, just saying I don't know how soon I'll get to post again, I'm about plumb tuckered already and the day has only just begun, LOL. PRAISE GOD!!!

Thanks so much for letting me share and SHOUT M'JOY!!!
default_wub.png

Champagne Cheers,

Tanya & Lee

IM so happy for all your good news!!! yeahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

sometimes foals are born with inverted eyelashes so maybe that is what is wrong with his eyes.

Hugs!

Kay

Congratulations on all accounts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_smile.png

Sounds like your new foal may have a corneal ulcer and you want to get right on top of treatment for that. Let us know what your vet says.

Oh now that's what I call an early Christmas!!!! I'm so happy that Dusty is home...loved the pics of him and the baby!!

I hope the sweet little foal gets over whats ailing his eye...what a cutie pie he is!!!! Congratulations on such wonderful news!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! I'm so glad for you that your son is 'home'. Tell him, thank you for all he has done and to give the peace of being back with his loved ones time to heal his heart. It is a hard thing to live as he has.

Congrats to on the lovely champagne boy. If you are too busy to care for him just ship him up to me, he'd look just fine in my pasture. ;) I had a colt born with goopy eyes too, I used polysporin eye drop 3x a day for 3 days then once a day for a week (altho it appeared to have cleared up after the first three days) and never had any further trouble with it. My vet believed it was a mild infection from some dirt/bacteria picked up during the birth.

Congrats on Dusty coming home... I know that is a load off your mind. I would have been worried sick to if my son or daughter were in Iraq.

Sending prayers for him and his little family... The baby looks adorable!!

Congrats on the other new baby-GT- he is adorable too!

I hope his eye is ok...

Keep us posted on how everyone is doing..

Missy
default_smile.png

Congrats on having your son home!! Have to admit I cried seeing the pictures, those pictures of the soldiers with their kids or holding their son/daughter for the first time just REALLY get to me
default_wub.png
I'm glad he's home safe and sound and has the chance to watch his little boy grow up
default_smile.png
Tell him my family and I send him a HUGE Thank You and give him an extra hug for me..

Congrats on your little guy, can't wait to see new pics!

Hello,

Thank you so much Kay, Becky, Kayla, Cheyenne, Reignmaker, Missy, Lucky C & Shauna for all your encouragement for Dusty. When he calls tonight, I will definately pass all your kind sentiments on to him. Thank you with all my heart!

A quick update on how GT's very first vet visit went... it's not good. He has an ulcerated injury in his left eye. My vet said it covers almost completely the whole lower part of his eye, it's quite significant. He took some of his blood and spun it down and gave me back the "syrum", and I have to put .01cc of the syrum directly into his eye every 2 hours, along with 2 different antibiotics (one is "Vetro-Gen", and the other is "Vetrachloracin"). These all three must be done aggressively every 2 hours over the next 3 days. Then also, I have to put "Atropine" into his eye once daily, for pain, and just keep it clean in between treatments. He said he was seriously considering doing a "graft" procedure, but wants to give the salve and syrum treatments a couple days chance first before resorting to the more drastic measure. He did a full physical exam beyond that, and gave him a full clean bill of health other than the eye injury. He did say his other eye was only slightly irritated, but definately not injured, just probably some dirt during birth. Gave both a good rinsing, then treated the injured one before he left, and showed me how to continue on with them over the next couple days. He did say I also will need to keep an eye out for an signs of possible tummy ache or colic. As the "atropine" could cause GI irritation. Other than all that though, he says he's a perfect little baby boy. {{{MAJORHAPPYSIGHS}}} I just pray this helps him heal without side affects on his little tummy, and without having to resort the graft procedure. He only explained briefly what that was, that he may have to actually cut into a layer of his eyeball, and then sew the lids shut to protect it for healing. Oh my gosh, I hope he doesn't have to go through all that. Lord have mercy...

Well, I need to get back out and finish my barn work and get him bedded down before the temps start dropping for the night. I don't know how soon before I can post back again, but it's likely I may pop in here or there through the night, just to keep myself going for his treatments every 2 hours. Gosh, I don't know for sure on that, I guess we'll see how things go. I'm kinda running around like a headless chicken for now, LOL. I still kinda feel like I'm not even home yet from our trip.

Well, will post back as I'm able. Thank you all again for everything.

Warmest appreciations,

Tanya

My My Tanya, hasn't Dusty grown up!!!

What good news to know he is back on USA soil and

getting to hold that new baby son!

There is no way we can ever express enough thanks

for what these young men and women do for us.

HUGS & THANKS to him - and good wishes while he

settles into home life with his young family.

A friend of ours son just arrived home, on Friday, from his 3rd tour in

Iraq...... His mother is so relieved as is all the family and friends......

DUSTY's HOME!! YIPPEE! I'm SO happy Tanya!

Lovely pics of him holding his son!

Congrats on GT, what a doll! I hope his eye will be ok.

{{{{Hugs}}}} to you all!!

Thank you so much Nancy & Robin! {{{HUGS}}}
default_wub.png

EDITED TO ADD: As suggested to me by one of the moderators, I have reposted the "horse related" portion of this thread over on the "Front Porch", LOL.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on both of them!!!

I hope GT's eye is fine, soon.

Liz

Congrats Tanya!! Gary and I are incredibly excited just to have our three coming home for Thanksgiving from college. I can't imagine having one in the military. Your little guys (grandbaby and horsebaby) are both so adorable.
default_wub.png
I hope the human family gets all settled in soon. Sometimes those too good to be true deals are much better off being left behind. It seems like the right door opens thereafter too. With these cold temperatures I know you have the new horse mommy and baby all settled in warmly. Hugs for all of you. Hope to see you at Mini-O-Rama.

Ruth

Tanya, I breathed a sigh of relief when I just saw this post about your son. I have thought about him so often and hoped he would be able to get the heck out of that place in time for Thanksgiving. I am just so very happy for your family and that baby......so adorable. You will truly all have a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING now. Please tell your family I am thinking of them and I am so glad to have something to smile about. He's home and that is what is important. You are one lucky mommy.
default_wub.png

And your 4 legged baby is cute too.

Thanks so much Mona, Ruth, Liz & Marty.
default_wub.png
He called last night, and they found an apartment, so I'm thankful they are getting settled in at least somewhat for now.

Ruth, it's still up in the air about the Mini-O-Rama. We don't know how Dusty's schedule will allow just yet. We'll see how things go over the next week or so I guess.
default_wub.png

Marty, you have a "PM".
default_wub.png

I can't tell you how happy I am for you! I have three grandsons and ALL are in the Army. Ages 18,19,21..The 18 yr old is in Bagdad, the other two awating deployment in March..one from Ft Campbell,KY and one From Ft Drum, N.Y.

So I truly understand how you fell and congratulations ont hat new baby , well BOTH new babies
default_biggrin.png

Thanks so much Minx. Please send my thanks to all your grandsons, and will definately keep them in my prayers too. Nancy, please send our thanks to your friend's son too. Holding everyone with family in the military in our hearts and prayers.
default_wub.png

Warmest love,

Tanya & Family

Back