Penny's foaling thread.....SHE IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am guessing that she will be foaling late-February - mid-march.. Maybe she will have the little twerp on my birthday!! 0.o

How exciting , Cant wait to see pictures
default_yes.gif
Looks as tho you have the complete opposite weather that we are having in Australia at the moment
default_yes.gif

Thanks guys! I am hoping that she will foal soon! But the way she is going she will hold out until May! Maybe she will have the baby on my birthday.. You never know! And Hayley, I don't think she cares!

Last edited by a moderator:
New pictures! Someone give me some guesses on her foaling date..she is around 306 days...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

As she is still carrying the foal very high and showing no sign of getting an udder, I dont think you will be seeing a baby for a while yet, possibly nearer the end of March? Of course things could change very quickly as we all know, but from those latest pictures this would be my guess if she was one of my mares.
default_yes.gif

I am sad to say that I think you are right. But I really hope youre wrong! Lol. I have seen a few peoples foaling charts for this time of year around my area. Most of the mares don't start to bag up until day 318ish. So I am wondering if she wont start to bag up until atleast then...Knowing Penny she wont foal till May! And I got her last April -_-

I have a question for you guys. Besides running around the pasture with the other horses, what type of exercise can I give Penny?

Hand walking is usually safe for all equines (I say usually, cause there are some instances where forced exercise are a no-no, like laminitis). If she's trained for it and it doesn't stress her, then a little obstacle work should be fine (no jumping). If she's been doing it all along and trained for it, light driving is ok, as long as she's agreeable.

Just saw we were posting at the same time! LOL

You could take her on some walks, provided the footing is safe and not too icy for her. Just some steady walking should do her good, and should be some good bonding time for you both, too.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info guys. I have some good news, Penny is finally starting to fill her udders! I'll post a before and after pic. The first one was last Tuesday and the others are from this afternoon!

image.jpg

image.jpg

post-45207-0-68393500-1393296770.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooray for filling udders!! Well you have waited long enough for this special event - I have just been back to read your first posts just to remind myself when we started this long wait LOL!! We have been talking and speculating over this coming baby for such a long time while Penny has just carried on in her own sweet way (probably having the odd laugh at us all) quietly content with the steady progress she is making, bless her.

So a March baby is on the cards and I for one, cant wait to welcome this little one into the world!!
default_thumbup.gif

ME either! This is great news. A few more weeks and we'll have the pleasure of meeting this special little one!

Latest posts

Back