Penny's foaling thread.....SHE IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She has actually foaled during the day before, so I am not crossing that off my list! The hardest part of all of this is that I live 20 mins away from her and I am in school! She has never had any issues foaling but this is a different stud. I will check her today again. I my Grandpa and Grandma are there all the time watching her for me. I still don't think that she will go past Saturday, in fact I really hope she doesn't. If she foals on Friday that would be great, its supposed to be 30-40 degrees outside! Ill post pictures of her udder, and sides. If I can get milk out of her udders today I'll tell you what it is. She is getting trimmed on Friday, Do you think that that its ok?

If you are talking about her feet getting trimmed then that should be no problem. They can be a bit more grumpy about it than usual and may be a bit harder for her to keep her balance so just be careful not to let her fall over lol.

WE HAVE SKIM MILK!!!!!!! And udders are even bigger! She is giving milk with minimal effort. Hoping very soon! And yes I am worried she is going to tip over when he trims her lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here are pics of the beautiful little girl
default_smile.png

She was born between 5-6. She and my other horses where out at the hay bale. My grandpa didn't think anything of it because that's where they are all the time (besides when Penny gets locked in the barn). He went to lock her in the barn and he yelled her name. She didn't come up and neither did the other two, and she ALWAYS comes up when she is called. So he went out to the hay bale to see the kiddo standing between Mousie's front legs (Mousie is 14.3). So he carried her up to the barn and locked momma and baby in there. He called me right after.
default_smile.png
We wrapped her partly up with a towel because she was still a little damp and we didn't want her to get too cold as for it's supposed to be -15ish tonight. And I will get better pics tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I AM soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you she is just gorgeous . Congratulations to you and penny you have made my day
default_thumbup.gif
default_worshippy.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_worshippy.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_worshippy.gif

Now send those vibes Down under to Australia lol

Oh my goodness!! Many many CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well done Penny!!
default_firstprize.gif
default_firstprize.gif
default_firstprize.gif

Had I been awake when you posted those last (pregnant) pics I would have told you not to let her out of your sight - her udder had increased sooooooooo fast plus that change in her vulva colour. Was it here on Penny's thread that I warned that if her udder increased very quickly ............................... ??

Dont forget to give Penny 'mushy' feeds for the next couple of days and her Ivermectin wormer dose within 12 hours of her foaling.

I'm so very thrilled for you - again many congratulations - keep those pictures coming.
default_yes.gif

FABULOUS!!!! And a FILLY, too!!!

Looking forward to the dry pictures! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

What a wonderful start to our season here!

Ann it wasn't here that you posted about a fast udder increase, at least not that I remember! I just looked at my calendar, it has only been a week since she started to bag up! As of last night that is! Ryan vibes are sent your way! I'll get you guys dry pics in a little bit!!

And I have her a dose of ivermectin already, about 3 hours after she foaled!

A big CONGRATULATIONS!!! Such a sweetie and I'm so glad all went well. Just such exciting news!!! Keep posting baby photos please.

LOL!! Perhaps I should have written here about fast udder filling!! But I really am thrilled for you, I've been singing Penny's praises all day! You have waited sooooooooooooooooo long for this little baby and now she's here at last, safe and well.
default_thumbup.gif

Looking forward to seeing the 'dry' pictures.
default_yes.gif

Ok here are a couple pictures!! Anyone have name ideas? I can't think of any names!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back