Penny's foaling thread.....SHE IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry the pics aren't very good. But, I will get more pics soon! Let me know what you guys think!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm afraid that I think that you have at the very least a month - if not longer - to wait for a foal. Seriously, she is nowhere near producing a baby for you - however the good side to this is that you stand a better chance of getting an early Spring baby instead of a Winter one!

Tummy is looking bigger
default_smile.png
So funny seeing your guys all fluffing up when ours are FINALLY hairless
default_new_rofl.gif

That's what I think too. January-February range. Sadly that means the baby will be born in the coldest part of winter! Haha it seems weird to me that yours are loosing their hair when mine are getting it faster than thought possible!

Hello aunties! Here are some update pics of penny. I think that there might be a little bit of udder development?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Don't know about the udder development (I'm at work and not supposed to be one here), but she is looking nice and round!!

default_smile.png
I also measured the stall space that I am going to have penny. It's 11' 6" x 12'. That should be big enough? Also, it's in the corner if my barn. The barn is aluminum sided. Should I put something on the walls? Or just spread straw around in there and shove some up against the bottom?

Sounds as though you have a sensible space organised for Penny and her new baby.
default_yes.gif

If the barn walls are 'flush' on the inside, then I wouldn't worry about boarding, just make some good deep solid type banks around the edges to stop baby from laying close to the wall and getting cold. But if you have cross support rails/beams on the inside below your waist level, then yes you will need to board over them and up to that level to stop baby from banging its head/eyes/body on them - particularly when unsteady on its feet in the early days.

Hope I have explained that ok!

As always, Anna, I think you have explained it very well.

Sounds like you're moving ahead to provide a safe place for baby, and we're very excited to see 'her/him' (?) arrive!

Ok thanks! The only thing is one part of the inside wall right there has a board with a piece of plywood nailed onto it. But I will know later today if it's any importance, and if it's not I will remove it unless it's too frozen in the ground. I am very excited to meet this little twerp who has been driving me crazy sense April! And her last 2 foals where both boys. So any gender guesses?! I am guessing it's going to be a boy.

Is she bred to the same stallion, or a different one from the prior 2 foals? If a different one, then depending on his progeny, you may have a good chance at a filly!!

Some stallions just throw more 'y' chromosomes. I know when selecting a stallion here, I always looks to see his percentages of fillies to colts. I always chose the boys with high filly percentages, and was never disappointed.

Of course, sometimes you just have to HAVE a stallion no matter what his production record! LOL

After 2 colts, she may well have a filly anyway - lets just keep our fingers crossed!
default_yes.gif

Different stud. I believe this is his first baby. I sooo hope it's a filly, that way I dot have to get it gelded! That's the way the stud I am breeding Mousie to is. He has had 2 or 3 colts and like 9 fillies!

How did I miss this? lol. She is a cutie!

Lol! It was on the second page because it had been a month sense I had updated it.

She's looking great! LOVE how rich the color is against the snowy background!

I have been quietly following along as your mare progresses these past months, looks like you are at last getting to the end. I wish you happy foaling.

May I ask Penny's background, she looks like a mare I used to own named Pretty Penny, a granddaughter of the stallion in my avatar.

Well, I just looked back in this thread and it seems she is taller than my former mare, my Penny was 36".

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys actually think that she is coming to an end of her pregnancy?! Sadly, she is not the same girl. She is 43" and grade. But I love her still the same! She is "supposed" to be 7, but the lady who I bought her from thinks that she is a bit older than 7, so I am guessing 9-11. Also, I think she may have grown in her udders just a bit. I also started on her foaling stall yesterday! I still have to get the gate up so I can do the bigger parts of the stall but that shouldn't take me too long!

I agree with Diane - she's looking great, and I too really love the colour of a true bay! She's also moving along nicely, but I dont think you will see a foal for a while yet, still the nearer she can get to the end of the winter months, the better for her and the foal.
default_yes.gif

Thanks for the update - keep them coming.

Latest posts

Back