Penny's foaling thread.....SHE IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mousie96

Reaction score
Hello all! So I have a mini mare named Penny. The stud had got out and into her pen back in August. But only for a day. And almost a month ago she was put in with the same stud for two weeks. He had covered her for sure (it was seen by the previous owner) and this is where I am now! One thing that I have noticed is that she 'twitches' her belly when I brush her or rub her belly. It's not because she doesn't want me to touch her on her belly, because she brings her belly to me. And she is not in pain because she just about falls asleep when I brush her belly or rub it! The spot is on each side. It's where her belly meets her back legs. Any thoughts? I will post pictures tomorrow or the next day! Also she looks kinda round, it's hard to get a good picture when she follows me everywhere!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Nursery! You'll find so many people here who can help you and answer your questions and we all love foals and their moms. I don't think it's really possible to give you an answer without seeing pictures but maybe someone with more experience will be able to help. Sounds as though your mare may have been in heat last month and perhaps got pregnant then.

Thanks! I wish my iPod touch would let me post pictures but the dang thing doesn't want me to I guess! I have been reading some of the threads on here and everyone seems so nice! Compared to the people on horseforum.com. They are not nice.

And that's what I was thinking too. She is just a sweetie
default_smile.png

Hi and a big welcome to you and Penny (do you have a name - oooop's silly me, of course you have a name! Should have said may we know your name, sorry, just been a bit busy keeping up with all the foals that put in an appearance last night!)

Anyway, you are very welcome here even if Penny is only a month or so in foal. Plus if she is in foal to the earlier covering, she might not be showing much change in her tummy size yet - is she a maiden mare, and could we have a few more details, viz her age, size etc and that of the stallion.

Hopefully you will manage to post us a few pictures - we need you taking a full side on shot (you down on your knees at her level, not standing up, as it makes the angle all wrong), plus one from the front and one from the back - can you get a helper to hold her still if she is one of those helpful minis who want to follow you all the time. LOL!!

Meanwhile do join in and post/ask any questions etc, plus we would love to know more about you - other minis/animals/family. We do a lot of general chatting and have fun while we are waiting and helping these precious mares to have their beautiful babies.

Again, glad that you have chosen to join us!
default_yes.gif

Welcome!!! And yes there are lots of very nice aunties on here that will be able to help you!!! Can't wait to see pics of your girl!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and a big warm welcome to the Nutty Nursery. I am looking forward to hearing all about your little Penny and any other furry friends you have
default_smile.png

Renee

Me too, and thank you for the kind words about our forum! We are here for you and will answer any questions you have -- even if you think they are silly. That's how we all learn. We don't allow ANY attitudes, so you are amongst friends!

Can't wait to see a couple of pictures of her -- it will help us give you an educated guess as to her condition and how far along she might be.

WELCOME AGAIN!!!

You have a pregnant maiden? I'm sorry!
default_new_rofl.gif

Okay, so I'm losing it! Welcome!
default_saludando.gif
This place is awesome and has been a massive comfort to me (I have a pregnant maiden as well
default_deadhorse2.gif
and she's driving me crazy). I would be lost without this Board, so I know they will be a help to you too! I'm excited and looking forward to seeing pictures of your little one!

Thanks you guys! Well to start off with my name is Katie, but you can call me Kate if you want. I am not fussy! Lol! She has had foals before, I have met two of her other foals and she had never had a issue foaling. I would say she is between 38" - 42". And the stud is about 36-37". I have two other horses. One is a 35" mini gelding named Snowball. The other is a 14.3 paint mare named Mousie who is going to be sent to be bred in a couple weeks! Also with penny when I first got her (about two weeks ago) she was not very wide, but she has grown in width by about 4" total! I don't know if its because of having unlimited hay or because she now has the food and can start really growing a baby belly. I will get you guys pics of her sides, butt, front, boobies, and her hoohaw ;) I am so glad there are so many aunties here :)

That's what I was thinking too! I really like her! She is just so calm and awesome! I yell for her and she comes running! She loves running! And from what the other lady said is that she has never miscarried. And would doing a lot of running cause a miscarriage? I don't think it would but that's just me. And she does a lot of it! Her and snowball are the best of friends!

My mares are running like crazy playing with each other and one just had a healthy filly. I think exercise is good for them while they are expecting.

That's what I was thinking! Man i hope she os bred because she is a great little mare. but i dont know if i can stand it if we have another 11 months to go! and on top of that my full size mare will be sent to be bred within the next 2 weeks so i will have two to watch!! Does anyone here have one of those jolly balls for their horses/minis? Penny and Snowball love that stupid ball! She tries to throw it up in the air. And snowball runs around with it in his mouth.

I'm a little late to the party! But Welcome! Looking forward to seeing pictures of all your four leggers!

Not to late! And it's better late than never! I have a question for all of the aunties here. Should I start measuring her belly?

Sorry but I dont know of anyone who measures belly's Katie, so I wouldn't bother. We can just as easily watch her 'grow' via those pictures that you are going to post regularly (hint, hint!!).

It is hard waiting but sometimes I think the hardest wait is right before the foaling because you don't get any sleep and are so nervous wanting things to go well. I have jolly balls and a large EquiSpirit ball for my horses. The younger ones love them.

my youngsters loved their ball
default_smile.png
Measuring her belly won't help much so don't bother with that.

See I was kinda thinking the same thing. I know one lady who does it but I haven't known it to work. I will get you pictures tomorrow!!

Latest posts

Back