Penny's foaling thread.....SHE IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay your on the home stretch
default_yes.gif
Now that penny has a filling udder , when its full can you send the filling udder vibe all the way to Australia please?
default_thumbup.gif

Honestly I didn't think I would ever get to this part Ryan! I'll send the vibes over just as soon as I am done with them! ? I am hopefully going to go over and see her today. So I think that I will test her milk.

Yes please do . The hardest part is knowing your on the home stretch and it's not long till the big day/night . Thank goodness for this forum I'd be a mess without it ;)

default_smile.png
how long until your mare (s?) are due? Oh me too. It has been a life saver!

Just the one , about 3-4 weeks off was last estimate from my vet . And a maiden mare too , so that makes it even more of a waiting game. When is your girl due approximately ? ;)

Oh man I feel sorry for you! The last time that I know she was bred was the 14th or 15th of last April. So today she is at day 318. So hopefully she will have this baby by the latest of late march.
default_smile.png

Mousie, I think your mare and my mare are going to be in a race to see who foals first by the looks of it. So exciting and can't wait to see your foal! Penny is Gorgeous!!! and you are going to have an awesome baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks MW! Well I am thinking I that we are going to be in a race! But right now I am thinking I have a little bit of a head start with Penny's bag starting to fill! Lets hope this race is short and uneventful!

Penny's bag has gotten huge!!! And it's hard. I tried to get milk out but I couldn't get any milk out. Thoughts?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oh WOW!! Now's the time to be sitting right beside her at nights and make sure someone can see/keep an eye on her all day!! Looks as though she will foal sooner than our mid/end of march estimates - much sooner! Most exciting - good luck - you are about to end a very long journey!
default_yes.gif

Yes. She's looking very good. Don't worry about getting milk, she's producing it and that's just fine! I think once those nipples fill, you will be seeing a little one very soon!

Reread the pinned thread on what to expect so you're ready for everything and can calmly assist if you're needed in any way! VERY exciting!! Keep us posted!
default_thumbup.gif

I don't think that she will make it till this time next week! I am hoping that she will possibly have it during the day..She is now getting a couple hours of outside during the day, but then she gets put back in because its so cold outside. I will check her udders later today and will post pics if they look bigger.

Yay, I'm still waiting on Dream to make a decent udder, she is at day 312 today and not much of anything. You'll beat us for sure. Good luck and keep posting updates for us.

I'm hoping she starts making a good bag for you in the next few days! I thought I would post this picture. The first is from about 3 weeks ago. And the second (farthest away) is from yesterday. I can see that the baby has dropped! Or at least I think it has--

image.jpg

Looks as though you will be seeing a baby before very long! It is very unlikely that she will foal during the day for you, but dont stop watching her just in case. However, as I said before, you or someone you trust, must be with her at nights from now on, but be warned these mares are sneaky an just as you decide that nothing is happening and you can risk a loo run or popping off to make a cuppa, they foal while your back is turned. Remember that withn 10 minutes a mare can have gone from doing nothing, to foaling and the baby could be dead if it hasn't been able to break the bag. Not worth the risk in my opinion and such an unnecessary heartache after 11 months of waiting.

Back in 2010 when we foaled down 13 mares (the last time we will do that - too exhausting!) we had internal cameras but still sat out in the barn most nights, I got up from my comfy chair to do another check down the line of stables, taking with me an armful of hay to offer a little to each girl. Fed the first one and contined down the line of the seven mares in this barn. The first mare tucked into her hay - I knew she would foal during this particular night but thought that eating her hay was a sign she wasn't quite ready - but by the time I returned back to her stable - some two or three minutes later - she was down, pushing and the foal was already coming with the feet and nose showing. Yes it was that fast!! Had I been indoors and watching on the camera, I would have seen her eating her hay and perhaps have decided to go make myself another cuppa - too late if that foal or the mare had been in trouble! This is why I say sitting and watching right there with them is the only SAFE way to foal down your precious mare.
default_yes.gif

Yes, they can be very sneaky. You wait and watch and watch and check and watch, and then need a cuppa or a potty break and come back to a little one! Sure know it's happened here too, many times! I took up sleeping in the barn, sometimes in the stall with those ladies that I KNEW were sneaky!

I have been watching in the background for several weeks now, sounds like Penny is close! She has been progressing similarly to my Belle, but I have yet to see much of a bag with my Belle. Their tummies have looked very similar these last few weeks so I'm getting anxious!! Lol, good luck and praying for an uneventful foaling for you and Penny! She's beautiful and I can't wait to see her little one!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back