palomino,s

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky lodge

Reaction score
ive got me self a new stallion he has been tested for his colour and he is a dunalino pintalossa

now his colour was pally and white now ive clipped him he is white ...yep ive clipped his colour out

has anyone got any ideas of what I can do to bring his colour back ...iam feeding him palomino gold and durasic gold with no help

does anyone have any ideas

cheers jenny

You can't come post a new horse without pics, so where are they?
default_wink.png

Hopefully with time his color will come back. I don't clip mine enough to know how long it takes for the color to come back.

Flax seed does a good job, but also, for ours it seems like they keep their color better as the season wears on and with the clipping, later in the season, they aren't as light after clipping and their color comes back faster up until approaching fall, when it's back to the way it was in early spring. Some palominos are also just a lot more golden than others. There's a range of color for palominos from naturally nearly white - very golden. Personally, I really like all their shades of gold
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have several pallies, don't know why it works, but it does, put them out in the sun. Color will come back.

Back