Bentley’s Training

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you @MaryFlora ! I am having a ball camping with and driving my boys 💕💕 I just took Bentley to the park this morning and here is what I have to say about him….

I can’t even tell you how excited I am about this little boy! He is the exact height I was looking and hoping for! Once he matures a little more, he is going to be able to pull me with no problem at all. Bentley took to the cart from day one of training like he was MEANT to be pulling me in a cart. He loves it and is so calm, cool, and collected! He carts me up and down little hills so easily and carefree. I just love his personality too! He is the sweetest little horse, full of love and joy, always putting a smile on my face. I have had him now almost 9 months and I am very attached and bonded to him. He makes my heart melt, just love him! I am looking forward to our future together and all the exciting adventures we have planned for next year.

IMG_2632.jpeg

If you know his lineage, you might find driving horses. I had a mare a few years ago. She was an older retired brood mare. Never did anything but have babies all her life. She took to driving from day one. I lost her, unfortunately, but always wondered if any of her offspring were driving horses. You're right--some horses just seem to be born driving horses. And to bond with him is an extra plus!

Thank you @MaryFlora ! I am having a ball camping with and driving my boys 💕💕 I just took Bentley to the park this morning and here is what I have to say about him….

I can’t even tell you how excited I am about this little boy! He is the exact height I was looking and hoping for! Once he matures a little more, he is going to be able to pull me with no problem at all. Bentley took to the cart from day one of training like he was MEANT to be pulling me in a cart. He loves it and is so calm, cool, and collected! He carts me up and down little hills so easily and carefree. I just love his personality too! He is the sweetest little horse, full of love and joy, always putting a smile on my face. I have had him now almost 9 months and I am very attached and bonded to him. He makes my heart melt, just love him! I am looking forward to our future together and all the exciting adventures we have planned for next year.

View attachment 50885
I'm so happy for both of you, Let the adventures begin. 😍

A leaky tent or van is no fun! 🤣🤣

He isn’t registered so I have no idea of his lineage but he must have come from a line of driving horses for sure 😍

First time yesterday on the HiTie and he knew he was tied up so he just stood there patiently…. didnt try to run off or do anything silly.

I ordered the bungie for the HiTie, but had to return it because it was waaaaay too long. So I made a make shift bungie 😁

IMG_2634.jpeg

Had a nice little drive with Bentley today out in the hood, he is coming along so nicely! He is so calm for a 3 yo 💕

IMG_2778.jpeg

Come late spring I will slowly start putting the miles on him, can’t wait! Now his training is more about getting him out to see different things and for me to figure out how he will react to his ever changing environment . He is taking everything in stride so far. He has a pretty good head on his shoulders, not a spooky horse at all.

Last edited:
Calm is good 😂 as long as he can keep up…which I don’t think he will have a problem with once I get him conditioned.

Drove Bentley at Cleafork yesterday and he did AMAZING! When we got there, I didn’t even lounge him, all I did was tack up and away we went. He was so calm and only spooked once at a jogger who passed by really close to us. The baby strollers, bikers, and other joggers didn’t faze him at all. He didn’t even flinch walking by the dog park while dogs charged the fence line barking. He is going to be a great trail pony! It was windy and cold (I mean cold for TX! Not as cold as some of y’all 🤣), the high was only 52.
IMG_2780.jpeg

Latest posts

Back