overpopulation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty --

I do not know about the reproductive tendencies of the rings. However, ever the saleswoman, want to let you know if you set some of my decoder x-ray glasses on your nose upside down, they produce double vision.

Jill

glasses10.gif

[SIZE=18pt]Well what if I wanted to breed a decoder ring to the decoder glasses?[/SIZE]

I realize the size difference, but

that is if I promised to call a vet at the actual decoding event and had it on decoder cam so I could help out? I'm not irresponsible you know!

Yes you are terribly irresponsible, Marty. You are saying you want to cross breed when there are already COUNTLESS decoder rings and glasses out there waiting for homes. No doubt you'd charge double for your mutt decoderinglasses, too, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the resulting creature would eligible to be included in a very elite registry I'm going to form for just the purpose of registering these cross breeds.

thumbs-up.gif

You guys are TOO funny. But you guys realize what your typing, right! ALL OF YOU ARE LOOPY!!! breeding glasses x rings... wow
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png
default_new_shocked.gif

default_new_shocked.gif
Yuck! Who in the world would eat BREADED glasses or rings?!

:DOH! I got slapped in the face with the stupid bug! I meant *breeding*
default_biggrin.png

No no no, quick buy a pair of my decoder glasses and they'll shield your eyes from any bug
default_biggrin.png

default_new_shocked.gif
Yuck! Who in the world would eat BREADED glasses or rings?!

Heck catch me at the right time of the month and I will eat just about anything BREADED including decoder rings
default_wink.png

I'm with Bevann. When I sell a horse he goes with luggage and I mean he goes with luggage and I do have pictures to back that up.

My pet peeve, one of them anyhow, is sellers do not ask for references from buyers.

We have people right here on the forum that do not ask for references and could care less who they sell a horse to. All they know is they have to move that horse and get the money from the first one that shows up with the cash and to heck about where the horse ends up. They buy, they sell, they buy, they sell and don't bother to check a blasted thing out as far as who they are selling to. . It IS about the money. It's AWAYS about the money. Sell this one, so she can go buy that one. That's the way it is with a whole bunch right here and we all know it.

Well sorry to say, it's not that easy to buy a horse from me. I do insist on a vet reference and them some. No reference, no horse from here will go out the gate. I know that will not help if the new owner sells down the road but I do have a first buy back clause in my contract. Even if that slips up, hopefully the buyer will ask for a reference if and when they do sell my former horse. Even though there are no guarantees, a reference can help determine his future. We can only do so much but I do try.

I'll sit on my sales horses till the cows come home and frankly I don't give a dad gum. It don't bother me none. I figure I brought these horses into this world by my hand and it's my responsibility to place them in the bestest homes there are and that's the way it is up here on the mountain with the Weenie.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I'm with you 10,000% on this one. I would rather GIVE a horse away to a what I know would be an excellent home with a contract stipulating if at any time they do not want the animal, the animal comes back to me than to sell it to someone who can't be bothered to adhere to what I would put in a contract, which would be a first right of refusal to buy back, reference check as well, etc. Like you Marty if the purchaser balked at it, then the horse stays right here with me until I find a suitable home, end of story.
I know this was a few pages back..but had to comment on it. I know where sellers stand.

As a buyer I OFFER references and I have never been asked for any. I offer visitation un-announced to prove I have nothing to hide. I send photos and updates. I offer first buy back (and I stipulate that too when I sell-I know where my past horses are) I give vet and farrier references as well as personal ones. I make contracts to protect both parties.

My farrier actually kids me that I worry too much, but I told him if I didn't worry, then my girl would be at risk and that affects me too. I also want to learn and my vet and farrier always offer some great advice.

I also send before and after photos of my horses from when they arrived at my place to present. I know when I sell my animals, I want to know they are well taken of. So I assume when I buy one, that the seller would like to know too. Even though I have come across quite a few who really don't care what happens to the horse after it arrives at my home. Such as the stallion I bought and the first mare I bought.

The previous owner of my current mare visits me all the time. She is quite happy with where Sable is and I have nothing to hide. I call her if something goes on with Sable. She calls me when something happens to Sable's offspring from previous years. It really helps to keep the relationship going.
default_yes.gif

default_biggrin.png
You will never catch me eating glasses!

Did somebody say things were trashy around here?

OG-p0002-ST.jpg

You will never catch me eating glasses!
Pinto 28......you get ahold of some of this ganja and you will eat just about anything.

Uh... have many of these disappointed people been to any horse shows or barn parties? Surely not, because what's going on here is truly tame.
default_rolleyes.gif

Uh... have many of these disappointed people been to any horse shows or barn parties? Surely not, because what's going on here is truly tame.
default_rolleyes.gif
I would like to see this go to the back porch? since it is not educational anymore.
default_wub.png

[

You obviously have no clue as to how you are coming across to the many who are reading this in dismay. Some of you may regret this fun later.

Wow.
default_sad.png
While I can kinda see your point I cant see how this is any worse or more hurtful then the replies that were happening when people were not even READING what was wrote yet accusing and attacking

The reality is no matter when this thread ended those that want to feel breeding poor quality or pet quality or show quality are not going to change there minds. Nothing being said here will make someone think perhaps they should not be breeding little Johnny stallion or Jane mare

Everyone who feels they have the best of the best be it what others see or something totally different will still defend there choices and do what they wish so I dont see anything wrong with having a bit of fun sure might not be as easy to keep reading as those mean and nasty comments but I prefer it

Last edited:
23 pages later... was this post EVER educational? LOL
default_wacko.png

Latest posts

Back