overpopulation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt my opinion still stands. Having been and am a Mod for many years... I have seen people like you.

You come on, not to talk but to force everyone to your views and tell everyone they are wrong.

There are a lot of good people here, that do the best for their horses. Many of them multi use.. halter, cart, packing, driving on the trails...and oh ya.. loved pets.

And please don't tell me I do not know your area...as you do not know where I am from.

I am done... doesn't help things to keep feeding a Troll.

IHaven't you ever been somewhere where laughing would be inappropriate, but you get an attack of the giggles and can't stop yourself regardless of how hard you try?? In fact the harder you try, the more your eyes water, you snort and you giggle uncontrollably?
I must admit I am famous for that
default_yes.gif

Lisa, I encourage you to read my posts. I have not de-valued anyone's opinion, I have not called it rubbish or codswallop. The only thing that I have "jabbed" at is the ridiculous mockery that a group of ladies seems to be making out of this.

Reading some posts, I have a real hunch that some "themes" have been handfed to some of the newer posters by a few known trouble makers.

To question that this board offers a wealth of advice and knowledge is just crazy. A big part of the reason this forum has the GOOD reputation it does is because of some of the very same people who can take a step back and enjoy a laugh.

The fun here was at NO ONE's expense. No one has been made fun or or humiliated on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like many others on this board, I sometimes feel the need to get the last word in, especially, like many others, when it is a topic that I have strong opinions about(I know there are a lot of commas here, and perhaps some big words, which can be confusing, but I hope those of you who had trouble "understanding" my last post can understand this...)

There is no point in trying to share an opinion or argue a point, when there is(no offense) a group of adult ladies who share a similar thought and will not stop at anything to convince everyone else that they are right. And I really don't mean that with any disrespect to women, in fact, you should be proud of yourselves, the way you gang up, like a pack of wolves, you could do powerful things I'm sure, regardless of whether what you said made sense or not. So good for you!
Guess this is one more thing we will agree to see differently.

I have another market place idea to go along with the rings and glasses. A repellent spray that will give those who are so dismayed by what is being said on this thread the will power to avoid what they can't stand to read (but can't help from reading and posting and reading and posting right on the thread they don't like!).
OK Jill, I can see by your post on this thread and the other thread about this that you are just out to keep stirring the pot so keep right on. It's people like you that ruin a forum .. ones that think they know everything, does everything right, and has the best possible horses. If your a breeder, you breed some trash too just like everyone else. Don't flatter yourself into thinking your are an "elitest", you are just a know-it-all that has not respect for anyones elses feelings or opinions. And brags about being the "rudest person on this forum" .. your words, not mine.

No need to come back with your silly crap cause I won't be reading or posting on this forum again. Y'ALL NEED TO GROW UP!!

I too am very new to the world of mini's. I have only had them for 4 months, and I have come to absolutely love this forum. This is a place where I know I can always come for information, help, and advice. This particular thread is not going to stop me from coming back. I think this forum is one of the best and most informative that I have ever been on. Keep up the good work everyone!

I couldn't agree more! Frankly, I am shocked at the twist this topic has taken. I was under the assumption that this part of the forum was to help and educate people in the care of miniature horses, not to make fun of them. If you were a teacher and had a student that "just didn't get it" would you keep trying to get it across to him or just give up and publicly humiliate him. That is what this topic has turned into .. people trying to humiliate posters that don't agree with them.
Well, I think people are missing the "stupidity" of this post! The silliness all started back on page 10 where Katiean said something to Lisa, that just kind od seemed to come out of nowhere. (I am sure when she posted she felt it was valid, but others didn't see where she was coming from with that comment.) She had misunderstood something I guess, that Lisa had said. Anyway, people said they didn't understand where that came from, as nothing was said in regards to that comment. THAT is where all this decoder stuff started. It is NOT poking fun at Matt or making a mockery of him or his opinion on who should breed horses or why. I am sure this won't matter to those that have missed that point, but I wanted to point it out anyway.

Yes, we are being silly, and I guess it even went on longer than it probably should have, but to those this has been bothering, have you ever heard the saying "ignore the pest and it will go away"? It could have died out much sooner.
default_yes.gif
This is what happens when you feed the fire.
default_wink.png

Looking back on this now, I think we did go overboard with allowing some of the talk (re.drugs) on a family oriented forum, and for that, I am personally sorry to those that were offended by my comments in regards to that.

l think a lot of people showed there colors...

QUOTE(Matt Drown @ Dec 6 2007, 08:27 PM)

Like many others on this board, I sometimes feel the need to get the last word in, especially, like many others, when it is a topic that I have strong opinions about(I know there are a lot of commas here, and perhaps some big words, which can be confusing, but I hope those of you who had trouble "understanding" my last post can understand this...)

There is no point in trying to share an opinion or argue a point, when there is(no offense) a group of adult ladies who share a similar thought and will not stop at anything to convince everyone else that they are right. And I really don't mean that with any disrespect to women, in fact, you should be proud of yourselves, the way you gang up, like a pack of wolves, you could do powerful things I'm sure, regardless of whether what you said made sense or not. So good for you!

I can see your point here.

Well, I think people are missing the "stupidity" of this post!
Why label someone elses opinion or post like this. Even if their was a misunderstanding, the posters that you don't agree with should not be labeled as anything derogitory. Kinder posts will educate more than this type of flagrant belittlement. I think a lot of these posts, truly not just this partial one, make others feel that this forum has become a place for newbys and those out of the inner circle to be ridiculed and made to feel that they are not welcome to discuss their opinions....to boost the inner circle's egos. Whether anyone wants to believe it this has been an attack of "you are wrong and we are right". Just my opinion...but it probably is seen that way by others who lurk. When they really need to ask or express their opinion, they will be very hesitant to express their thoughts...and then it is the whole board that loses out on another learning experience.

I have another market place idea to go along with the rings and glasses. A repellent spray that will give those who are so dismayed by what is being said on this thread the will power to avoid what they can't stand to read (but can't help from reading and posting and reading and posting right on the thread they don't like!).
I'll have three cans, -please to go with the decoder ring.
default_yes.gif

l think a lot of people showed there colors...
I am not at all sure anyone has ever tried to hide their "colours" as it were.

This is one of the few places where I can be almost frank (not that I actually want to be Frank, although I am sure he is a very nice man....[[SIZE=8pt]now stop that...oh all right then[/SIZE]] not quite as frank as the Forum upon which I am about to go and bang my head up against a wall.

[SIZE=18pt]If more people would just carol along with me, you'd have a much happier day! It's fun, join in![/SIZE]

Oh! You better watch out,

You better not cry,

You better not pout,

I'm telling you why:

Santa Claus is coming to town!

He's making a list,

He's checking it twice,

He's gonna find out

who's naughty or nice.

Santa Claus is coming to town!

He sees you when you're sleeping,

He knows when you're awake.

He knows when you've been bad or good,

So be good for goodness sake!

So...You better watch out,

You better not cry

You better not pout,

I'm telling you why.

Santa Claus is coming to town.

Little tin horns,

Little toy drums.

Rudy-toot-toot

and rummy tum tums.

Little toy dolls

that cuddle and coo,

Elephants, boats

and Kiddie cars too.

The kids in Girl and Boy Land

will have a jubilee.

They're gonna build a toyland town

all around the Christmas tree.

Oh....You better watch out,

You better not cry.

You better not pout,

I'm telling you why.

Santa Claus is comin'

Santa Claus is comin'

Santa Claus is comin'

To town.

QUOTEIMO they are trying to keep the breeding down so they can ask higher prices for their "quality" horses.

Mini Mouse - where have you seen anyone say that?? A top quality horse may sell for big bucks - or not. You do not get higher prices based on lack of availability - as you seem to think some believe. That is sheer nonsense.

My horses are AMHR and AMHA registered but I would not put them through all that crap just to show when the shows are mostly political and who knows who anyway. IMO, it all comes down the the money ... the more shows they win the more they sell for.

Oh - so those who show are abusing their horses by putting them through all that crap?? There is a great deal of reverse snobbery on this board at times that gets a bit frustrating. As is the implication that if you show you do not "love" your horses.

Perhaps you should think about what you have said and consider another viewpoint......please rest assured that the majority of those on this forum do not feel a horse with a fault should not be loved, cared for and given a job. In fact, that is one of the things that is promoted. Nor do most of the forum members breed in huge quantity. But there is a general agreement that animals with known conformational issues should not be bred. They should be loved and put to their best use...be it driving, companion or pasture ornament.

Well said, Bess .... and I only wish more people would read it. And this as well....

It is the integrity of the breeder that helps to channel the breed to better and healthier production. It is the duty of the breeder to train themselves and those with less knowledge about conformational issues. It is the love of the breeder for the horse that helps them decide to have non-breeding livestock. It sure isn't the money they hope to receive -- good animal husbandry can be expensive in many ways.

You know how to make a small fortune in breeding/selling/showing horses?

Start with a large one.

Or so the old saying goes.

NOT EVERYONE HAS TO HAVE A GOAL OF ALWAYS MAKING THE BREED BETTER. THIS BREED S NOT JUST FOR THE ELITE. SOME PEOPLE JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THEIR ANIMALS.

Matt - IMO this is so wrong in so many ways.

Anytime you breed - your aim is to improve on what you have - to make the breed better . Otherwise - why bother? It has NOTHING to do with The Elite - as you seem to sneer. Why continue to allow poor qualities to continue? It hurts the breed - it does not help it. But I guess if it is "for fun" then by all means, breed that poor quality stallion who would make a wonderful gelding to that poor quality mare with the ewe neck and the underbite... I am just glad that horses do not have litters - or it seems we would have mini-mills along the lines of puppy mills. Who cares about quality... or the breed.

Well, I do. And it has nothing to do with $$$$$$$$$$.

And here is a thought - you can have FUN with better quality horses that do not cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$... as many here on this forum can testify...

Eliminating this type of breeding would eliminate oppertunitys for loving familys to find and purchase a loving pet, it would NOT eliminate the problems with abuse and neglect.

No - such oppotunities would NOT be eliminated. As many of us have said - quality to quality does not always create quality of the same or higher level - althought that should always be the goal. And there are awesome pet minis available ALL THE TIME without anyone deliberately breeding for pet quality. A recent visit to a farm website that prides itself on breeding pets - showed me mares with upside down, thick necks, no hip... straight shoulders... none of this needs to be passed on. Why?

And yes - here we have sold winning show horses as PETS for pet prices as we found them great homes. A couple were even free. And I can tell you that every one of them was of much better quality than those mares on that website. Breed low quality.... and you may bring out and emphasize even worse issues... and I am not sure why anyone would want to do that...
Since you asked Mona, this seems to be where it all started on page one and continues on through every page...with other posters piling on. Someone gets knocked down and then the pack just has to get in on the tackle. The tone of this and the riducule that it turned into....just unbelievable. Again, just my opinion.

Charley, that is not a "we are right, you are wrong" attack...that is a collection of many posts where the poster is disagreeing with the original poster, and stating their varying reasons why they feel the way they do. It may appear as an attack because more are stating opinions against what the OP states. Not everyone feels the same way in regards to everything.

Charley, that is not a "we are right, you are wrong" attack...that is a collection of many posts where the poster is disagreeing with the original poster, and stating their varying reasons why they feel the way they do. It may appear as an attack because more are stating opinions against what the OP states. Not everyone feels the same way in regards to everything.
Couldn't agree more..........

Charley.......All I see is the reason this thread turned into this in the first place. People posting about things that were never said. You know this works both ways. I see comments being made that just have no relation to previous posts. Too many people just not reading what others have said. What's new?

NO DIFFERENT THAN OTHER HEATED THREADS IN THE PAST.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back