overpopulation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
23 pages later... was this post EVER educational? LOL
default_wacko.png
Exactly!

AND for something so dislikable by a reported many, it sure has LOTS of replies and TONS of views.

cowboy2.gif

I guess it's kind of like a train wreck... or NASCAR for some... you hate to watch, but you can't stand to turn away!
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
When the goal turns to mean jabs and insults, it can't be educational. And its seems that opinions on heated topics, can't reasonably be discussed here, because instead of the forum being conducive to discussion and openness, it turns into the hallway or lunchroom in middle school, where the "popular" clique, will say and do anything make themselves out to be right, and feel good. They support each other even when they aren't making sense, or are being downright mean. Its great that you have that support.

Like many others on this board, I sometimes feel the need to get the last word in, especially, like many others, when it is a topic that I have strong opinions about(I know there are a lot of commas here, and perhaps some big words, which can be confusing, but I hope those of you who had trouble "understanding" my last post can understand this...)

There is no point in trying to share an opinion or argue a point, when there is(no offense) a group of adult ladies who share a similar thought and will not stop at anything to convince everyone else that they are right. And I really don't mean that with any disrespect to women, in fact, you should be proud of yourselves, the way you gang up, like a pack of wolves, you could do powerful things I'm sure, regardless of whether what you said made sense or not. So good for you!

Well, Matt, I did previously post my points of view pretty clearly as they relate to your original parameters for the discussion. I do find decoder rings and glasses more worth discussion than an aspiration to build a pet quality breeding herd in the hopes of producing only pet quality minis so everyone can afford to buy them (never mind that the quality ones can also be quite affordable).

Jill, I think its great that that is your opinion, opinions are much more welcome than insults. Based on what you said, I think the point I was trying to make is still unclear to some people, but as I just said, its pointless at this point to even try.

Okay.

I'd love to have it pointed out though, who was insulted? When was someone mean? I didn't see anything at all nasty "happen" on this thread. Just a lot of fun
default_yes.gif

One should always breed the best to the best. Or start with your best and work your way up.

Why,,, because no matter how good ones breeding herd is... you are always going to get pet quality horses. It is much, much better to not breed, badly conformed, poorly temperment horses.

If one only breeds pet quality to pet quality... one is going to get a lot of very poor quality horses and that does not do the breed any good.

There are tons of Mini mill pet breeders out there already. No sense adding to them.

I too much rather talk about cool decoder rings and glasses...because Matt... you are not willing to listen and learn. Do what you will, no one will stop you. But most of us will never think as you do.

Does anyone make cool capes to go with those Decoder rings and glasses?

Matt - you have PM

Like many others on this board, I sometimes feel the need to get the last word in, especially, like many others, when it is a topic that I have strong opinions about(I know there are a lot of commas here, and perhaps some big words, which can be confusing, but I hope those of you who had trouble "understanding" my last post can understand this...)
There has been a lot of good information for a discussion and a lot of humor in this thread. Both are important. This is a discussion forum, not a debate board. The point isn't to win, so who gets the last word doesn't really matter.

I think this thread HAS been educational! I've googled things I never googled before!

Aroooo!! ooow ow!!

AWG_WolfPackAttack.jpg

default_yes.gif
So true, Colleen... just think how many now know what ganga is thanks to this rediculous thread!

I guess those decoder glasses really do work...I did get to see the poster that time!
default_new_shocked.gif
So mininik, which is which?

I am so thankful, though, that I don't actually see anyone that looks like that photo of Carol's dad....and even more thankful that no one like that came with my glasses.
default_unsure.png

You know, I'm not really sure... but those are pet quality wolves, by the way.
default_wink.png

[SIZE=18pt]God rest ye merry, gentlemen[/SIZE]

Let nothing you dismay

Remember, Christ, our Saviour

Was born on Christmas day

To save us all from Satan's power

When we were gone astray

O tidings of comfort and joy,

Comfort and joy

O tidings of comfort and joy

When the goal turns to mean jabs and insults, it can't be educational. And its seems that opinions on heated topics, can't reasonably be discussed here,
First of all......NIKKI.......more coke (acola) out my nose. The second time in minutes!

Matt.......I have not taken part of ANY of your discussion but pray tell what was the "GOAL" Was it your goal? Did you think everyone was going to agree with you? Or were you merely trolling for trouble. Sometimes things just don't go as planned.

As for HEATED TOPICS not being discussed here? You could have fooled me. There are many "heated discussions" on this Forum. They just seem to make more sense than this one. Again, I didn't participate in this one because I had to drum up my decoder ring and glasses to even start to understand half the stuff you were saying.

If you think the goal is for people to be right or wrong you have come to the wrong place. It is nothing more than a place to exchange ideas.

What, who, me? I'm a good girl. :stupid

fcq0Ky.jpg

Shari, to be frank, you don't know me, and you are not in a position to make such a judgement about me. Let me rephrase your comment for you....

"Matt, you are not willing to listen and learn from close-minded people who use insults and jabs to support their point and discussion"

And Shari, you are 100% correct about that!

And judging by the PM's I keep getting I am NOT alone in my thoughts, its just that those people learned a lot quicker than I did, that there is just no point here.

Vertical-- I don't think I had a goal, I had an opinion to share. If you re-read what I wrote......

"When the goal turns to insults......."

I am not saying that there was a goal to begin with I am saying that this discussion changed quickly from discussion to insults. The goal became, at least for a couple, to just insult and devalue the opinion, rather than sharing ones own.

The goal became, at least for a couple, to just insult and devalue the opinion, rather than sharing ones own.
I saw a lot of people sharing opinions. I saw you devalue as many opinions as others devalued yours.

I don't think you were any less guilty than anyone else. And that's just my opinion. I have nothing against you personally....nor anyone else on this Forum. You come here fighting and you are going to get people to fight back. Me........I'd rather just have a good laugh and get on with things. I suggest you try to move on too................

WolfSnarl.gif

Well, I've just been informed that a few people have been letting the cat out of the bag in PM's to new members that I'm just THE rudest forum member. I thought I should let you all know, since you probably haven't actually seen me be rude to anyone. It's only fair that I warn you that I'm reportedly rude.

So, just watch out for me. I probably have only shared advice, encouragement, experience, and sometimes humor the past 7 or 8 years so I could just lure you all in so I could get the chance to be rude to you
default_biggrin.png

Big surprise. I always knew you were rude, Jill, but uh oh, sounds to me like it's time for a spinoff post from the one about the BEST horses...

Who is the RUDEST forum member?

Shall we bring it up to vote in the next tribal er, I mean pack council meeting?

Latest posts

Back