Our last two foals for 2010

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kimberle, that is a very nice colt! Rita Oh by the way you have some very awesome horses yourself--did Warrior come from your farm?

Thanks Kimberle, that is a very nice colt! Rita Oh by the way you have some very awesome horses yourself--did Warrior come from your farm?

"Warrior" was bred by Reese Family Miniatures. He was then sold to Patty Wilhoite of Willow Creek Farms. Then I purchased him from Patty and adored him for many years prior to offering him to Renee in Australia. I actually own several of his daughter's and retained them for my own breeding program.

I abolutely love the Arab pony mare that Renee bred to him with and the colt is stunning....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for your lovely comments.
default_biggrin.png

Noblebrook, i hoped for a filly from the mating of the arabian pony to Warrior to breed down from, but it wasnt meant to be, Laddie will be a beautiful show horse and riding pony for my nephew though
default_yes.gif

Here is a photo of the mare

813827.jpg
876127.jpg

And this is Ultimate Warrior
default_wub.png
. I was so lucky to have found Kimberle at Allure Ranch, and that she allowed me to bring him all the way over here.
default_yes.gif
He's pictured (first two pics) here at 10yo.

934518.jpg
934522.jpg
758238.jpg

That was an awesome cross----hope you will try for a filly again!!! Warrior actually looks like an arab in those pics! The colt will make a good mount for your nephew though! so probably worth trying again!

I love the idea of breeding a mini to a larger breed, do you mind if I ask how you accomplished that breeding? Thanks, Rita

Yes, i will try again next year
default_yes.gif
Hopefully i'll get my filly next time round.

I think Warrior is very arabian in type, which is why i matched him with this mare, who is a small arabian pony, but has many of the arab characteristics, including that snort that i just love
default_wub.png

I stood the mare on a hill with Warrior at the top, and he could breed her, but once he had a few mares (his height) of his own, he decided that was too much effort and wasnt interested anymore - so we ended up using AI to get the job done. One go and she was settled

A couple years ago I bought a pinto mare in foal to him. Was really wanting an overo filly, but got a silver bay colt with some chrome. Kept calling him my overo filly.....
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back