Fergie is on marestare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anyssapark

Reaction score
default_biggrin.png
Our first mare of the season is getting closer to foaling.
default_biggrin.png

CAM LINK http://www.marestare.com/cam.php?alias=anyssapark

Fergie is 315 days today, and has progressed from little/no udder this morning, to about 2/3 full tonight, so i have bought her in and put her under the camera.

This mare does not normally bag right up before foaling.

She could do with a little more relaxing in the rear end, and her milk isnt sticky yet, so i still think she has a little while to go, but i think she warrants watching.

Im in Australia, so my night is your day
default_smile.png
The cameras are infrared, but a light will be turned on when she is foaling so i can see.

She'll be turned out during the day, and in at night. If i think she looks close, ill put a camera outside when she is turned out also.

Please feel free to call for any reason! I'd prefer a false alarm than something going wrong
default_yes.gif

Thanks for watching!

Heres Fergie's page on my website

http://www.anyssapark.com/site/index.cfm?display=200243

And this is my stallion RFM Boogermans Ultimate Warrior that she is bred to

http://www.anyssapark.com/site/index.cfm?display=124666

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been stalking your mare updates on facebook! Great to have the aussie mares so close now!
default_biggrin.png
:BigGrin

Lucky Lodge - i have seen you post a few times and saw you were in Australia
default_smile.png
Where abouts are you? Im in the Hunter Valley in NSW

Oh Im excited another one to watch
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah ..I will never get anything done at this rate spending all my time
default_new_shocked.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
..love the web site and simply gorgeous ponies
default_wub.png

must be really windy there lotsa dust blowing around but Fergie looks happy
default_smile.png

She is a beautiful mare! Thanks for letting us watch!

My cam is down for now.. I'll try to reload it in a bit. Says something about needing to download a plugin.. but I'll try a little later first.

Hehe yay Renee!! Hoping the wind has died down for you... It has for us
default_smile.png
I have barn alarm up so I wnt miss your girl
default_smile.png
so I will wake up
default_smile.png

Thank you all for watching,
default_yes.gif

Fergie had a very quiet night- did any of you ever see her lay down? I never did when i woke to check her...
default_unsure.png

She wan't exactly exciting, lol she didn't move a muscle for most of the night, tthank goodness you don't have a flash cam or I would have been refreshing all night. Lol

default_smile.png
Fergies udder is nice and full this morning. Her milk isn't quite there, and her teats still need to fill.

The foal has dropped a little, giving her the beginning of the "gutter look" on her flank area.

We'll see if the udder is still around thisafternoon

Edited to add:

hahah, yes, i thought the cam was frozen a few times when i checked on her with her standing so still. She was quite the statue. I would be interested if anyone saw her laying down?? I have found a bit of a pattern with mares not laying down for a night or two before foaling...

Also, regarding the dust - the camera is infrared, so the only light it has is a little red glow, and the bugs seem to like it. Occasionally there seems to get a swarm of little bugs, then they go away. I remember this from last year, as the "dust" look had me stumped, so i investigated what it was.
default_unsure.png

I have opened Fergies gate for the day, and will move the camera outside once she's finished her breakfast. Ill get some pictures of her for you too
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have turned the camera off for the day. Fergie didnt like being in the foaling yard alone, and was running around calling her friends, so i have moved her over to a yard where she shares a fenceline with them, and put a halter alarm on her.

As she ran around, her bag got a little looser, so id say she isnt quite ready yet - but she is doing lots of tail swishing and butt rubbing now that she has settled down - so we'll see. If she progresses through the day, ill bring her back to her stable, and just bring a friend with her so she's back on camera.

Fergie has slowed up this afternoon in the udder department. It was full this morning, but has gone down this afternoon.

Her butt is nice and loose & relaxed, but i'd still like to see more relaxing in the hoohar before she foals.

She has been pacing a fair bit today, with her little friend following her around wondering where they were going lol Some butt scratching, tail swishing and belly kicking for a while, but it all calmed down this afternoon.

We are getting some awful weather. Its pouring rain and windy here. Theres been some thunder, but seems that the worst of the storm is passing around us, so we just get the rain and wind.

I've bought her in a bit early this afternoon so that she gets a chance to dry off before dark & cold hits. She isnt real impressed about it. But she should calm down once its dark like lastnight.

I have put a halter alarm on Fergie just incase the internet/cam drops with this storm.

Latest posts

Back