Nook Simple Touch

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newtominis

Reaction score
My 1st edition NOOK has finally broken down, but only after two years! We were told that this is the average "lifespan"... and that the wi-fi chip is dead, which is why it won't download any more books. Has anyone had the same types of problems with this? I am considering the NOOK simple touch as a replacement, because I don't like the backlight of the HD or COLOR, but I'm not quite willing to pay the extra $40 for the GLOWLIGHT. Has the NOOK simple touch met or exceeded expectations?

Thanks!

I got a Kindle for Christmas in 2011 and I LOVE it, I hope it doesn't die in 2 years. I'm not sure about the Nook but I can recommend the Kindle.

I have the Simple Nook Touch and it's great. I bought my after my daughter got one as a gift. I liked it so much that last year I bought one for a very special teacher that my had that year and I knew she was a big reader.

I have since moved on to the HD+ tablet because I love all things gadget. Still, I sometimes pull out the Simple Touch to read on because it's a better choice for that point in time. P.S. I'd spend the $40 for the Glow...I wish I had waited 2 months myself!

I don't have a nook, but a kindle. My grandson has had his kindle fire for two years and the chip is starting to act up. I'm thinking that's the lifespan if they are used alot. My kindle is the basic $69. I wasn't sure I would like it. Now I'm thinking of upgrading to a larger fire. When I was shopping for one, the salesman said not to buy a nook in case B & N went out of business and that he had heard they were trying to sell the nook business.

Latest posts

Back