My Mare is Possibly Pregnant.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She let me lift her tail up and to the side without issue today. Instead of clamping tail down she did a quick side step so her butt would be close to the wall. Stinker. I feel kinda bad for "violating" her this way all the time. I just keep telling her I wouldn't have to do this if she'd just give me some sort of general idea when baby might come! LOL

If she lets you do it and can't clamp her tail down get excited about it happening soon.
I know, if I was Tilly I'd have kicked me in the head every time I came near her by now. They put up with us so well ❤

Wow. So glad I didn't read this earlier today (or maybe I should have!). I was brushing my 25 year old mare this morning. I just sit in the middle of the paddock on a stool and they come take turns for kisses, cuddling, scratches, brushing, whatever, at their own pace. Then I can see how the mother to be is doing too. Anyway, off on a tangent here....So this cutie pie lets me brush and cuddle. Then she turns and backs up to me carefully and sat on my lap!! She literally planted her hiney on my lap and lifted her hind legs. I thought, OMG--so glad my larger horse never did this! I eased her off and she did it again! Goofball! I think she feels comfortable now!

No luck.
Your old girl sounds WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She is wonderful, thanks! She looks pretty sad and every day of her 25 years! Oh, but I adore her so! Previous owner gave her to me when I purchased Snickers and another one, Pepper. Kind of Buy two, get one free deal! She is so mellow and compliant and just knows what to do. She's my little love. I have a picture of her on my lap, but unfortunately since she was on my lap at the time it's mostly just a real close up of her behind and back!

So, tonight previous owner of Snickers says they were exposed off and on all last summer! Ugh! I could be waiting, and waiting, and waiting.....I hope Tilley has hers soon so I can live vicariously!

So, tonight previous owner of Snickers says they were exposed off and on all last summer! Ugh! I could be waiting, and waiting, and waiting.....I hope Tilley has hers soon so I can live vicariously!
Oh jeez! Well hopefully she got bred nearer the beginning of last summer so you don’t have to wait too much longer! And yes Tilly we’re all waiting on you!!

No baby yet.

Oh PitterPatter how frustrating! At least she's finally 'remembered' and you don't have to worry Snickers is overdue and something's wrong. I did notice the they snuck in there though instead of just her. Did you get your camera up?

No baby yet.

Oh PitterPatter how frustrating! At least she's finally 'remembered' and you don't have to worry Snickers is overdue and something's wrong. I did notice the they snuck in there though instead of just her. Did you get your camera up?
Not yet. I am trying to figure out the Alexa Echo thingamajig first and figure I'm not in a huge hurry. My boyfriend just spent several days putting up chain link fence for dogs and I couldn't in good conscience ask him to do another chore for me right away...hopefully soon though. It's funny though, my teenage son has been a bit of a nightmare lately and thinks the cameras are to spy on him! :) LOL

So, a bit worried now as Snickers' precious cargo isn't moving very much the last 2 days. But at least it is still moving....I hope it's only resting!

There is less room to move as they get bigger, I wouldn't worry yet. Of course you're going to worry, I would/am too but I don't know that that's a problem. Do any of the pros have an opinion?
Haha, use the cameras to spy on your son after foaling, he just gave you a great idea 😂 .

It’s normal for the foal to move less towards the end. There is less room and often it’s a way for them to prepare for foaling. Doesn’t always happen till right before and sometimes a long time before. I had a mare this year that the foal was trying to beat its way out until the last day or two and then another that I didn’t feel hardly any movement for almost 2 weeks.

Elizabeth, how are your little foals doing? I’m sure all us expectant grandmothers would love to see some pictures! I know I sure would lol

Hahahaha! They are doing great. Growing like weeds.

Attachments

• 1A92FD49-83DE-45F7-862D-6CA4A1345216.jpeg
    1A92FD49-83DE-45F7-862D-6CA4A1345216.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 75B799AB-5617-4752-8210-F1AA7C5DD2FA.jpeg
    75B799AB-5617-4752-8210-F1AA7C5DD2FA.jpeg
    321 KB · Views: 7
  • 4BA2D458-E234-46FB-BBF5-754334D27E0A.jpeg
    4BA2D458-E234-46FB-BBF5-754334D27E0A.jpeg
    559.3 KB · Views: 6
  • E98449D3-ED7E-450C-9250-3195DE366999.jpeg
    E98449D3-ED7E-450C-9250-3195DE366999.jpeg