My Mare is Possibly Pregnant.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Ryan Johnson

Reaction score
Any opinions on much longer? She's stalled alone at night. Getting cameras up soon (I hope! I love being dependent on teenagers!)
That's a pregnant belly if ever I've seen one :) Not sure how long but I don't think you will be waiting as long as you did with snickers.

Even though its hard to get too close to her , try and get a sneaky look at her udder when you can as you may notice the start of some development :)

Pitter Patter

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
That's a pregnant belly if ever I've seen one :) Not sure how long but I don't think you will be waiting as long as you did with snickers.

Even though its hard to get too close to her , try and get a sneaky look at her udder when you can as you may notice the start of some development :)
She's been letting me get udder pictures at times. Depends on her mood! I'll be out there in a bit here and see where she's at. I sure hope her disposition gets better after the foaling (Snickers is so much sweeter now!). I don't blame them. I was a bit cranky too at the end of my pregnancies! Then I get to figure out tech stuff with cameras as my kiddo just took off for the evening. GRR...teenagers!

Pitter Patter

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
She seems to be getting pretty close, how close I can't exactly say (of course!) but I do have her on foal watch. Was hoping for that tiny miracle while I had a few days off from work, but apparently she's going to make me wait it out a bit longer! Pretty sure within the month, most likely in the next 1-2 weeks (hopefully!) because sleep deprivation. I'm glad I just had a foal come into my life in April because I'm not quite so panic stricken (Thanks, Taz and Ryan!). There's a sign I'm learning to look for more now-stretching and discomfort. Snickers could have been a contortionist and Pepper is headed that way. In the last month or so it seems they do a lot more stretching to get comfortable. Looks something like some of the human yoga poses too! Having trouble loading pictures unfortunately. I think she's just waiting for the foal's "go ahead" signal :)

Latest posts