my husband is nearing the end of his long fight

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlene, my heart just hurts reading your wonderful words of love for your Gary..would that a miracle could happen but we know his miracle awaits him on the other side. You say strong side..there is no weak or strong when it comes to love...it is just pure, unending and perfect. You both are so blessed to have lived that. My heart, prayers and light continue for you and for your beloved.

Charlene, my heart just hurts reading your wonderful words of love for your Gary..would that a miracle could happen but we know his miracle awaits him on the other side. You say strong side..there is no weak or strong when it comes to love...it is just pure, unending and perfect. You both are so blessed to have lived that. My heart, prayers and light continue for you and for your beloved.
Debs says so eloquently what I want to say.................you are an inspiration...........it is all about the LOVE.......we are still keeping you in love an light at my house
default_cheekkiss.gif

GARY BRENT MEFFORD

born 9/25/46

died 11/30/07

gary passed peacefully at 7:50 p.m. i have agonized over whether or not he wanted me with him so i gave him several opportunities today to be "alone". this evening, i went to his side, pulled up my chair, laid my head on his pillow and went sound asleep. nana came in to check on us and found that he had passed. he waited till i was with him for sure but he waited until i was asleep so i would not have to see. he always did think of me first.

i will be back soon, just wanted you all to know there is another angel in heaven tonight and i bet he's already looking for a project to do.

thank you all, from the bottom of my heart. i could not have done this without you.

love to each and every single one of you! xoxoxo charlene

Wishing you both peace and eternal love.....I know I will be facing this myself soon, as Robert is failing. Your courage and love have been an inspiration.

Lisa

Charlene I'm so terribly, terribly sorry that Gary's long fight is over. I'm sure he must have been completely exhausted from it and it's now time for him to rest. Saying good-bye is the hardest thing we're ever asked to do, but when the battle has been so long and so hard knowing that the pain is over makes it bearable. My prayer is that God will continue to be with you, nana and the rest of the family as you face the days ahead. Gary is already at His side.

Edited to add

When tomorrow starts without me,

and I'm not there to see,

If the sun should rise

and find your eyes

are filled with tears for me.

I wish so much you wouldn't cry

the way you did today,

While thinking of the many things

we didn't get to say.

I know how much you love me,

as much as I love you,

And each time that you think of me,

I know you'll miss me too.

But when tomorrow starts without me,

please try to understand,

That an angel came

and called my name,

and took me by the hand,

And said my place was ready,

in Heaven far above,

And that I'd have to leave behind

all those I dearly love.

But as I turned to walk away,

a tear fell from my eye,

For all my life, I'd always thought,

I didn't want to die.

I had so much to live for,

so much yet to do,

It seemed almost impossible

that I was leaving you.

I thought of all the yesterdays,

the good ones and the bad,

I thought of all the love we shared,

and all the fun we had.

If I could relive yesterday,

just even for a while,

I'd say good-by and kiss you,

and maybe see you smile.

But then I fully realized,

that this could never be,

For emptiness and memories,

would take the place of me.

And when I thought of worldly things,

I might miss come tomorrow

I thought of you, And when I did,

my heart was filled with sorrow.

But when I walked

through Heaven's gates,

I felt so much at home.

Then God looked down

and smiled at me,

from His great golden throne.

He said "This is Eternity,

and all I've promised you,

Today your life on earth is past

but here it starts anew.

I promise no tomorrow,

today will always last,

And since each day's

always the same,

there's no longing for the past.

You have been so faithful,

so trusting and so true.

Though there were times

you did some things,

you knew you shouldn't do.

But you have been forgiven,

and now at last you're free.

So won't you come

and take My hand,

and share My life with Me?"

So when tomorrow starts without me,

don't think we're far apart.

For every time you think of me,

I'm right there, in your heart.

~Author Unknown~

Last edited by a moderator:
Somehow I knew when I saw you had posted that this is what you were going to say.

Dear Charlene, I am so sorry, yet I am glad you no longer have to watch your dear Gary linger on. Please know that you remain in my thoughts and prayers. You and Nana both.

Hugs and love to you

Charlene,

I am sorry for your loss but happy Garys fight is over and he is now in Heaven.

Lots of Love

Your forum friend

Brandi

Charlene and Gary,

I pray you both are at peace.
default_pray.gif
Charlene, peace for you so you can go on and enjoy your life. Peace for Gary now that he is free of his physical body and pain.

Your love served as an inspiration for many and your ability to share your journey with us has made a difference.

Please take care,
default_wub.png
default_cheekkiss.gif

I am sooo sooo sorry Charlene.....but I am glad he is no longer suffering as I am sure you are too....

Thank you for sharing the journey with us....it has helped many of us...

((((hugs))))

and my deepest sympathies

~kathryn

Bless his heart...and God Bless you for being at his side with strength and grace thru it all...He will smile down on you and you will know it...Rest in peace Gary....

Dearest Charlene,

I am so very sorry, peace be with you now - your love for Gary and his for you has been such an inspiration to so many of us. My prayers go out to you and Nana at this most difficult time.

You are surrounded by love, please let it comfort you, and know that we are here for you today and always,

Hugs (((( xoxoxo ))))))

Stacy

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time... Maybe Gary and Marty's Michael can keep each other company up in Heaven! (((HUGS)))

I am so sorry when i read this i felt sickened because i had been thinking about him and you and I wanted thigs to go good tonight. I am sure that he is happy and is in heaven with our belooved father. in this time of need just tell us if you need anything we are here for you. I am sorry for your loss and i wanted to tell you that god loves you.

My sympathies are with you and your family, Charlene. May Gary rest in peace and may the love you shared comfort you in the days ahead. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so very sorry, and very sad to hear you lost your Gary. He wanted you there to the very end.. You are so blessed to have had a love like yours. He will always be with you. Wish I could do something to help ease the pain, but the only thing that will help it ease a little is at last he is at peace..
default_pray.gif
You have and will be in my thoughts and prayer.. I pray that you keep your strength for the up coming events.. Even if you don't think you are, you are a strong woman.. You just might need to dig a little deeper..May God bless Gary, and you!!

Dear Charlene,

Words can not say how sorry I am that you lost Gary. I hope knowing that he is no longer suffering gives you some comfort at this time. His love for you will always be there.

Thinking of you and Nana.

Robin

I am adding my favorite poem, I carried it with me for years.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glint on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,

I am the swift, uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circling flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

I am the song that will never end.

I am the love of family and friend.

I am the child who has come to rest

In the arms of the Father who knows him best.

When you see the sunset fair,

I am the scented evening air.

I am the joy of a task well done.

I am the glow of the setting sun.

Do not stand at my grave and cry.

I am not there, I did not die!

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlene --

Reading your posts has effected me deeply. I am so sorry Gary is gone, but happy he is now at peace. You and Gary have touched so many hearts and souls.

Jill

[SIZE=12pt]Charlene-[/SIZE]

I'm so sorry your Gary is gone, but he is certainly at peace now. There is one more angel in Heaven. You have been so fortunate to have this wonderful love in your life. He may not be there with you physically, but he will be in your heart and memories forever. Take care.

Barbie

Latest posts

Back