Meadow is now on foaling cam

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be interesting what colour she throws?
default_488.gif

Im hoping for a filly that looks just like her
default_smile.png

We have switched to Bailey for at least a few hours as she is looking really close too. Her bag is very hard tonight and for bailey that usually means she is close to foaling. Shes very agitated tonight

Still no foal, had trouble finding this topic.

So thought we should bump it up again.

How is your mare doing? any more changes.

She has too be getting close.

I couldnt find it either as I was going to put an update yesterday. Thanks for bumping it up!

Getitia and I chatted yesterday and we have both concluded this cannot be a Lee foal. Originally we thought it was as Meadow started bagging up so early and most of Getitias mares have gone 30 days over this year. So this has to be Blacks foal which would put her at day 308 today. He only bred her one time so no mistaking that. He was so not really interested in her that we thought maybe it wasnt a true heat. Since she is waxing, soft and has sticky fluid we will continue to watch her as it seems instead of going late shes probably going to foal early. How ironic is that? LOL I have never had a mare wax this long without foaling but I guess theres a first for everything LOL. I could just kick myself for the lost hours of sleep but for anyone who has watched her on cam she has for sure acted like a mare getting ready to foal.

Bailey is looking really close today so we may put her on cam or switch between the two.

OK, I am still watching !!!! who ever the father is...

Cannot wait to see if the foal takes after mom...

So do not hesitate to keep us updated...

Im rebooting. Almost time to bring the fatties in LOL

just did a milk sample on meadow. It is so sticky and coming out with barely any pressure but its still clear. Never had this happen before has anyone else?

Bailey only stayed out a couple hours today and came back in by herself pounding on the barn wanting in. Put her back in and just left the stall open to the pen. Watched a few hours and she didnt do much so I tried to get her to go back out with the herd but she just wouldnt. Cant get a milk sample but she is long and swollen under her tail.

Im so tired

just did a milk sample on meadow. It is so sticky and coming out with barely any pressure but its still clear. Never had this happen before has anyone else?

Bailey only stayed out a couple hours today and came back in by herself pounding on the barn wanting in. Put her back in and just left the stall open to the pen. Watched a few hours and she didnt do much so I tried to get her to go back out with the herd but she just wouldnt. Cant get a milk sample but she is long and swollen under her tail.

Im so tired
Sure hope for your sake soon....
default_luck.gif

Meadow put on quite the show last night. Udder is totally engorged with more wax but still no foal. Bailey is holding steady. Sleep whats that? LOL

Meadow put on quite the show last night. Udder is totally engorged with more wax but still no foal. Bailey is holding steady. Sleep whats that? LOL
Bless you, I know exactly how you feel,I had 4 weeks of it too, every night laying down stretching out, grunting and groaning and mothing !!

. I hope Meadow goes soon, what do you think her new date is.

Last edited by a moderator:
She doesn't look very happy. I, however, was delighted that all was well as was unable to access for a time and was a bit concerned.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about that! During the day I sometimes have to take the cam off so I can work on websites. The mares are usually out during the day unless we think they are going to foal

Tonight I did a strip test on Meadow. It showed calcium going up but PH still high. So I think we will watch Bailey tonight. This will be Baileys 3rd foal for us and we have never seen her get this HUGE. Cant get a milk sample from her ughh.

Meadow is at day 319

Latest posts

Back