Meadow is now on foaling cam

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaykay

Reaction score
Im so excited. Wauk A Way Tiny Dancer aka Meadow is now on our foaling cam. She is bred to Grahams Little King Lee. I cannot wait to see this foal. She is very soft in the rear and has a long vulva but has not fully bagged up yet. We are pretty sure she was due May 5. We really appreciate any extra eyes.

Baxter Foaling Cam

Im so excited. Wauk A Way Tiny Dancer aka Meadow is now on our foaling cam. She is bred to Grahams Little King Lee. I cannot wait to see this foal. She is very soft in the rear and has a long vulva but has not fully bagged up yet. We are pretty sure she was due May 5. We really appreciate any extra eyes.

Baxter Foaling Cam

Hi, well has she foaled yet ?? I am still waiting too, day 360 for me so far.

Still no foal
default_sad.png
I dont know what is going on this year! Getitia said most of hers have gone over this year but Meadow is way over. Is starting to worry me but since shes bright eyed and eating I am trying to keep a cool head. Patches and Bailey are also now over what they normally foal at. Just crazy! Some in Ohio wonder if its because of the awful winter we had.

Im so sleep deprived its not even funny!

Thanks for asking and sending good thoughts to you and your mare!

Kay

Kay mine have gone late this year too. I typically have them foaling in the 320-330 range. Not this year!

We have been close to a year on several mares and closer to 340 on most. I have one that is 330 today that has NO BAG!!!! She is a maiden and in a barn stall at night. I will have her on lights from now on, but I cannot justify a foaling alarm on her.

The good news is that we had some incredible foals, so cooking them longer was not a problem!!

She is probably adding some special last minute touches to the foal!!!
biggrin.gif

Still no foal
default_sad.png
I dont know what is going on this year! Getitia said most of hers have gone over this year but Meadow is way over. Is starting to worry me but since shes bright eyed and eating I am trying to keep a cool head. Patches and Bailey are also now over what they normally foal at. Just crazy! Some in Ohio wonder if its because of the awful winter we had.

Im so sleep deprived its not even funny!

Thanks for asking and sending good thoughts to you and your mare!

Kay
I've been watching your cam off and on waiting to see her baby!

I have also been waiting on my last mare to foal. She foaled 1st last year and will be the last one this year. GEEZ!

Rusty and I were so sure it was going to be last night
default_sad.png
Really looked like she had a couple contractions around 1 am. Fooled a lot of people as I got about 5 texts saying she was in labor. We are just exhausted. She cant stay pregnant forever right?

We have waited almost 2 years for a foal from this cross so its just killing us to wait even longer.

Bailey is looking very close so I really need meadow to get to business. I told her last night enough drama just foal!

Kay I have been in your shoes this year. I have had people on Mare Stare start low alerts (or even high alerts) thinking one of my mares was going to go. Heck I have started them while watching obvious contractions.

Then nothing
no.gif

You start wondering if you know anything about birthing and then you are just sooooo tired you are afraid you will miss the whole event.
sad.gif

Worse on the ones that lay flat at night close to foaling and wake you up all the time.

Fortunately the Mare Stare people often woke me ahead of the pager going off and I was able to get to the barn in time.

Wishing you a successful birth and a fabulous foal after all this waiting. The mare is obviously just putting some finishing touches on your special foal!
yes.gif

Thank you so much Joanne. It really does help to have people who know what I am going through. I have to say she has really shaken my confidence. I have even had several people ask if shes even pregnant LOL. If shes not there is sure some alien living inside her
default_smile.png
Her udder is still rock hard so surely it cant be too much longer. I need a vacation

Kay, mine have gone on time and a little early. I'm sorry for you! Been there done that!

Udder is still hard and tight never shrank up today so I am hoping we are on our way. Her respirations are really high but its very hot here. We have a fan blowing in her stall but her resp are at 40 right now. They were very high last night too.

We have never had mares go this late in 10 years. Just crazy! Most of ours always foal between 332-342

did she foal last night? She looked like she was going to before I went to bed. Had to go to sleep though.

amanda

Kay, mine have gone on time and a little early. I'm sorry for you! Been there done that!

I'm still hanging on with you Kay,mine hasnt gone either yet,day 362,has at last got a full hard bag today though and a tiny bit of wax so far, rolling a bit and generally acting a bit weird, she has just wandered into my kitchen
biggrin.gif
so hopefully it will be tonight. Fingers crossed for you too. This has been a very very long 11 1/2 months.

Still no foal
default_sad.png
She was swaying all over like a drunk last night and still nothing. zzzzzzzzz

She was there earlier, swishing and circling her tail but now she is gone. Does she go outside for the day? If so when do you need us back on the cam to watch?

Shes outside for a few hours. We are supposed to have some really bad heat today so she will probably go back in when it gets too hot as she has a fan on her stall. Her resps are still up so I dont want her getting over heated. Cam is down for a bit while I clean out some old files and get this computer running better.

We just cant be too far off I hope.

All 3 kinda went backwords yesterday. Meadows bag went from tight and hard to a little loose and the other two got softer too. I thought maybe it was the heat but maybe not. I am about to lose my mind

Back