Mary's Pregnancy & Foaling Thread- SHE FOALED 5/22~~~FILLY~~~!!! New PICS pg 56

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like she is getting close!! But I can't help laughing about the test strips because I was in that same place a month ago, getting all hung up on when the pH would drop. So I have a question for Ben - the same one I asked myself: What would you be doing differently right now if you knew that her pH was ___ (you fill in the number)??

My guess is you would be doing exactly what you are doing now, because you already know she is "close".

Good luck and safe foaling!

It dropped again! It is a very light yellow/green color!

I tried to get a picture, but it is hard to get the right lighting with a cell phone camera!

But here it is anyways, it shows last night through right now.

3739e616.jpg

The picture makes it look like the bottom one is darker than the one above it, but that isn't accurate.

I can't wait to use the last foaltime strip!

Ok I couldn't help but rip the tiny piece of the foaltime strip I have left in half and test her again.

It stayed really yellow with a slight hint of green! Her milk is cloudy and sticky and her udder is hard. Tonight I will definitely be staying up all night watching her- not going to risk waiting an hour between checks.

Here is a pic of the foaltime test- it darkens up a lot as it dries, and my camera doesn't do a very good job at showing accurate colors, but it is between the 6.4 & 6.0 stage.

8fd63460.jpg

Well, even dry it looks like a 6.4 -- which is within 48 hours -- so no, don't take your eyeÏs off her. She could go tonight with her milk dropping like that. And if what you're showing is "darker" then you have a good chance of having this baby before Friday even thinks about coming !!!

Hey, it just dawned on me -- I picked TODAY for a foal. So come on Mary!!!! Make Auntie Diane a winner!!!
I just checked again with the pool strips and she is a very light green, barely changes the color from yellow. Earlier it was darker, so I really think she is progressing quickly now.

Her hooha is still red inside, so unless she has continued rolling then I think that sign is a go.

I hope she makes you proud! Haha
default_smile.png

All the mares Ive tested, foal at 6.4
default_smile.png
Best wishes for a safe foaling!!

Come on Mary!!!! (I even get a few extra hours on my date because of where Mary lives....so come on girl -- show us that baby!!!!!)
Haha, yep- you still have about 5 hours left on your bet.

Her milk is very cloudy and isn't even changing the square on the pool test strips.

I'm going to try and sleep for a couple hours while my brother watches her, then I'm going to stay up all night and watch her.

Hopefully I will be posting an announcement soon....thanks for all the support!

(been trying to remember she is experienced and knows what is going on, but I do have my vets number and a couple others on hand just in case. Praying for a textbook delivery.)

Now I have a question- when she goes into labor, would you suggest going in to feel position? Or wait until I see feet? Now I'm second guessing everything I've learned so I'm trying to go over it all!

So glad there is that thread with videos- heading there now!

Look at this! I took the pictures right after I dropped the milk on, & it is still yellow!

I'm thinking tonight is the night, unless she plans on crossing her legs haha.

be9f8b99.jpg

And her hooha is really red inside still! Plus she has started being very ornery with me, which is new.

Look at this! I took the pictures right after I dropped the milk on, & it is still yellow!

I'm thinking tonight is the night, unless she plans on crossing her legs haha.

be9f8b99.jpg

And her hooha is really red inside still! Plus she has started being very ornery with me, which is new.
How exciting!!! Looking forward to an announcement SOON. Praying for an easy delivery for Mary & healthy foal
default_smile.png

Ben now you got me crying.....its all coming back to me....Im such a sap I cried as soon as I saw that yellow...I knew my foal would be soon!! so will yours...............bet your glad you saved that last foal strip!!!! Will someone at least be there w/you? Oh Im so excited. Wish someone else would answer you but Because I saw the white bubble and just a few sec. later I could make out thru the bubble a foot and nose ..i was ok. Others say break the sac as soon as its presented.

You will do fine and so will Mary. God Bless and lots of prayers!!

24 hours if that!
default_smile.png

If you're not sure if you should go in to check then I would say don't do it.

hi Ben, just making sure your o.k.

do you have some mash on hand for after Mary foals?

Im sure if you PM diane she will give you her tel # for any "over the wire" coaching during labor.

I'm good! I do have some mash for Mary after she foals, and some nice leafy alfalfa. I'll soak it all down good.

I'm going to take a nap while my brother sits out in the car and watches her for an hour or two- then i will be out there for a night watch
default_smile.png
if everything goes according to plan, my brother and I should have everything under control. I've got the vet on alert, and if he doesn't answer I have another vets number.

Foaling kit is stocked and waiting in the car right next to her.

Went over everything and I think we are good to go...now we just wait for the ride to begin!

Two toes and a nose, Ben.

Let her do her thing, unless there is a reason not to.

At this point she has more experience than you.

Have my fingers crossed that soon you'll be crowing from the

tree tops and asking for name help.

Ok I can't sleep at all so I am out in the car watching her.

We have a cow pattie- just one so far, that i have noticed.

I'll keep updating you all on what she is doing, almost as if you were watching her on cam
default_smile.png

Her udder is hard and hot, hooha puffy and red (she hates me going near it now), tail loose and we all know her pH
default_smile.png

and another cow patty.

She just ran around, throwing her head all over haha
default_smile.png
feeling a little frisky for a second, but now she is standing still again.

Latest posts

Back