Mary's Pregnancy & Foaling Thread- SHE FOALED 5/22~~~FILLY~~~!!! New PICS pg 56

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well today is the 19th and tomorrow the 20th - she just HAS to go on one of our dates!!!
default_frusty.gif
default_pray.gif
Haha, i sure hope so!

She might also be scrunching herself up a bit when you lift the tail, some of them are a little shy!

I am thinking Mary and Margarita are in a neck to neck race....
default_xreiter.gif

She looks really good Ben!

Milk still at the same pH, everything else the same.

Tonight? Doubtful.

Tomorrow night? Probably not.

Ever? Not sure. Haha
default_smile.png

No, just kidding. I know she will eventually show us this baby, but where I used to think she would foal by the end of this weekend for sure, I'm now thinking it might happen by the end of next week.

I'll update everyone if anything new happens tonight.

Foal watch in the car again tonight! Can't say I'm too excited for it this time!

She could surprise you Ben. Keep checking that hooha and if she is testing 6.8 still I think you are safe to check her every hour or two.

Hi Ben, just checking in to see how your holding up. I read your whole thread last night b/c although I do try read everyones foaling journeys I was busy at work so I seemed to miss alot and I wanted to catch up.

honey, I cant believe your sleeping in your car...you poor thing...and having to worry about your little dog. Hows he doing..that sure looks like a lot of staples for such a little one but Im sure hes getting better every day. I love all my horses but my dogs ( well only one now )sure do have an extra special spot in my heart so I know what your going through. Dont worry about everyone foaling around you.......he's just making yours extra special....someone said eyelashes!! I think hes making your foal with an extra big heart!!

Same as yesterday. I'm beginning to get discouraged when I see everyone else's mares delivering these amazing babies, and Mary is just the same ol' pregnant (I'm actually beginning to wonder haha) mare.

pH is the same, belly the same, udder is still huge, belly looks low.

The rain has started, and it isnt going to end for at least a week. Maybe the drop in pressure will trigger labor. Let's hope!

That is the same way Gracie and I felt when our first two mares went over-due. I had been thinking I would have a foal no later than 320 days and the one mare (Fancy) went 350 days!! I thought it was never going to happen. Then once it did we have been having babies coming out of our ears and all the remaining mares went well before their due dates. Hang in there Ben. It will all be worth it. Mary will foal when it is the perfect time for that baby to make its entrance in to the world.

Hi Ben, I am so sorry I haven't been here to hold your hand in the last few days, things have been crazy here
default_yes.gif

Mary is looking great and it won't be long, I think I said the 24th and that is only 4 days away
default_thumbup.gif
Sandy said about her scrunching her hooha when you look which is just what Britt did right up to the end so I did a french plait so when she lifted her tail for the flies it was really easy to see it puffy and long. Can you do a french plait?

Thanks Sandy & Renee.

Sandy- I sure hope Mary doesn't keep me waiting like Fancy did to you, but I'm pretty sure that is what's happening haha
default_smile.png

I just wish I knew when she was bred so I had a better judgement on when she is due. I went to a foaling calculator, and if she were bred June 15th (two weeks after being turned out with Rowdy) she is at 340 days today. If she wasn't bred til June 30th, she is barely at 325 days. I don't want to even think about if she weren't bred til after June 30th. The vet said mid May, and we are getting to the end of May so I hope he was right and she is further along than 340 days.

Renee- quit apologizing for not being around much! You have a lot on your plate so it is totally understandable! I have no idea how to do a french plait, is it too hard to explain? I had her tail in a normal braid, but that's about all I can do haha
default_smile.png

I took her tail out of the braid yesterday but I might do it again tonight and wrap it- if I think there's a possibility of foaling.

pH is the same still. She is just standing in the rain, looking miserably pregnant but at the same time she must be enjoying the rain after that hot week we had. I might have the vet come out tomorrow or Tuesday to see what he thinks....I'm going crazy just wondering!

Try having a look on youtube for an explanation on french plaits, i bet there will be some
default_smile.png

Same as yesterday. I'm beginning to get discouraged when I see everyone else's mares delivering these amazing babies, and Mary is just the same ol' pregnant (I'm actually beginning to wonder haha) mare.

pH is the same, belly the same, udder is still huge, belly looks low.

The rain has started, and it isnt going to end for at least a week. Maybe the drop in pressure will trigger labor. Let's hope!
You're not the only one still waiting. The mares foal when they are good and ready, regardless of the wait driving us nuts.
default_wink.png
Hang in there, and in no time Mary's foal will be here. The mini mare I'm waiting on now, I don't have exact dates, so who knows how long I'll be waiting. [My AQHA mare carried her first foal nearly a year, 360 days, from last service to foaling day; she had a huge, beautiful filly that was well worth the wait.]

Try having a look on youtube for an explanation on french plaits, i bet there will be some
default_smile.png
Just watched a couple videos....I think I can manage that. I will go give it a shot in a minute!

Hey Ben,

I'm still waiting on Daisy...she seems to be going backwards the last few days and it too is driving me NUTS!! I totally get where you are coming from. Hang in there....

Well here are some pictures of Mary, stuck in time haha
default_smile.png

I just barely took these, and tested her pH after and it was the same as yesterday.

81b33e5d.jpg

6a014a72.jpg

55070579.jpg

47936f03.jpg

I just can't believe her pH hasn't changed!!

I managed to get her tail braided all fancy, but I'm going to have to redo it tomorrow because it is way too loose.

I'll update you all in the morning!

...another night in the car.... Haha
default_smile.png

Her udder picture from below looks great, from behind it appears her nipples still need to fill. While her hooha could change at at time, it still needs to swell more and at least look puffy. My guess is that she is still about 4-5 days away. She could change any day though. It will be so worth the wait Ben!!

Well the weekend is over so no luck with our guessed dates LOL!! But she cant keep you waiting much longer Ben.

How's Murphy doing?

Murphy is doing great!! He is walking like a champ for having surgery just five days ago. I'm really pleased, and he seems to be in very good spirits.

He isn't the biggest fan of the physical therapy routine though, but we are working on it.

I just checked Mary's pH because I'm not feeling very tired, and it is the same. But her udder is so darn big and tight, and she itches her butt so much her hooha is bleeding. (excuse my language)

I'm just surprised that she seems to be so far along in some aspects, yet so far behind in others. It's a mystery, that's for sure.

I'll update in the morning
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back