Mary's Pregnancy & Foaling Thread- SHE FOALED 5/22~~~FILLY~~~!!! New PICS pg 56

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pH is still testing 6.8
default_sad.png

Well I'm going to be sleeping in the car from now on just to be safe. I think we will have a baby by Sunday
default_smile.png

Come on Mary!!! Margarita is catching up to you because she is at 6.8 tonight too with not nearly as great a udder as you have!!

Way to go Margarita!! Mary is still at 6.8 and right now I am sitting in my car.

It's actually kind of fun right now haha
default_smile.png
I set it up all comfy, went and got all sorts of candies and goodies, drinks- I have the foaling kit in here, my laptop and phone, and a power cord from the house powering everything. Not too bad
default_smile.png

Right now Mary is just munching away on her hay. I really think we are days away, but I hope I'm not jinxing it!

LOL!! It is suprising what you can do to a car to make it feel like home from home when needed!! Hopefully you will only have to spend a night or two in it????

Come on Mary!!

That does not sound too bad. Candy, drinks and a computer??? That is the best!! Maybe if you tell Mary she is in a race with Margarita she will get with it.

Well, no baby last night! I slept pretty good in the car, waking up about every hour, sometimes every half hour to check on Mary.

My only complaint- didn't bring enough blankets. It gets cold at night still!

Well, load the blankets up -- because you're going to be there a couple of nights, I bet!!!
default_whistling.gif
Already got it stocked up with a few extra blankets
default_smile.png

I really don't mind sleeping in the car- the seats lay down so I have a lot of leg room, and watching movies and eating candy all night while waiting for the baby to come isnt bad at all!

I just wish there was a mare on camera that is going to foal soon- that would give me another thing to do throughout the night.

Well within the last two hours her udder has gone down- but it hasn't gone away, it just moved forward a little so her bag looks deflated but she has front boobs.

She seems a little agitated today- and I don't know why, it's cold and gloomy so the flys aren't out. Maybe it is just me annoying her haha
default_smile.png

pH is still showing 6.8, but I swear if it was in smaller incriments it would be more like 6.6
default_smile.png
haha!

Here are pictures from this morning- the udder pictures were taken before her udder went down, it seriously happened within the last two hours.

17f46c08.jpg

8988d285.jpg

Seems a little lopsided still? I've seen her roll two times in the last twelve hours- I can tell you that
default_smile.png

ee725889.jpg

She's been scratching her butt so much her hooha is getting scratched!

fac1c863.jpg

1460353a.jpg

I'll take some pictures of her decreased udder when I go back out in an hour.

Side story: I am so annoyed right now. Yesterday I sold some chickens to a guy and he was supposed to come get them this morning. So this morning I didn't let them out of the coop so they would be easy to catch- he was supposed to come at eleven am.

11 am rolls around and the chickens are crowing and getting rowdy because they want out- and the guy is nowhere to be found, hasn't called or anything. So I decide to let the chickens out because I figure he isn't coming- right as I open the door and they all fly out, he calls. Ugh!! Apparently he worked late and slept in. I told him he could either catch them himself- spread out over their two acre lot, or wait until tomorrow morning.

So now I have to do all that again in the morning. Plus another person is coming out Saturday to get some. It's going to be an eventful weekend I think!

Last edited by a moderator:
What we don't do for our horses!!! LOL

Wonder if they appreciate our mid-wifery?
Not so sure if Mary appreciates what I'm doing or not- but I'd like to think so! Haha
default_smile.png
makes it a little easier...

Ben, you should watch Pacific Pintos -- the mare Strawberry is 362 days today!!! 362 !!!!

So, THAT should give you something to watch!!!!
default_thumbup.gif
But don't tell Mary -- or she may plan on being a stinker!
Holy Moses!!! Is he trying to set a record or something? That's gonna be one cooked to perfection foal!!

Sweet!! Now I have another mare to watch tonight and keep me busy! Hopefully she will foal so I will be even more distracted
default_smile.png

LOL!! Nancy - ain't that the truth!!

Dont worry about her bag Ben, a lot of mares have been decreasing and then increasing this year it seems, but it has't stopped them foaling (when they feel like it!!)

Did you say you might be getting Murphy home today???

LOL!! Nancy - ain't that the truth!!

Dont worry about her bag Ben, a lot of mares have been decreasing and then increasing this year it seems, but it has't stopped them foaling (when they feel like it!!)

Did you say you might be getting Murphy home today???
This is the first day in the last week that her bag went down.

Today she was laying down and her hooha was all pushed out again. Havent seen anything comin hour of it- haven't seen water break, so I'm not too concerned.

YES!!!! I am leaving in forty minutes to pick him up! I'm so excited to see him!
default_smile.png

It is going to be a long drive though- normally takes me forty minutes to get to the surgeon because it is on the other side of town, but today I have to drive back at 5- which means TRAFFIC. Murphy is gonna have to be ok with sitting in the carrier for a while, but then again he is supposed to be kenneled for six weeks to recover!

I'll update when I get him home,!

Good luck - they must be pleased with his progress to let him home so early!
default_thumbup.gif

Hope Mary keeps her legs crossed while you are away!!

Murphy is HOME!!!
default_smile.png

The entire vet staff fell in love with him- but they were happy to see him go
default_smile.png

Apparently everything is looking really good, hence him coming home so soon.

He has a pretty hardcore scar down his back- and some huge staples holding it all together. He can sort of walk, actually a lot more than I would have thought for what he has just been through only two days ago!

Recovery plan is lots of rest, but he is also allowed to have free time and get some movement in. We start at home physical therapy tomorrow and in two weeks we will start hydrotherapy.

I'm really happy, and so relieved!

Here's a pic of his back!

f64fbe7c.jpg

Thankfully Mary crossed her legs for the four hours I was gone- took us over an hour to get home in traffic!

I'll test her pH in another hour or two and update everyone.

I got the car restocked with goodies and more blankets- ready for another night of foal watch!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back