Magic Marker Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My roommate(Kari-she owns her) is hoping for a buckskin pinto filly. Sire is a cremello(his first). This mare had a silver pinto colt 2 years ago with the above colts sire.

I have NO idea how I missed this little colt, but congratulations! What a complete cutie pie!!!

Lace(321 days), Miss Te(332 days), and Freckles(314 days) have hit a brick wall.

Lace has the most impressive bag(just needs a little more-80%), and a little more relaxed in the vulva.

Miss Te has a very relaxed vulva and it's very red, but no bag to speak of(about 30%). Checked her vulva a few minutes ago and it's gone back to pink.

Freckles is very loose and is about 40% bagged up.

I took pictures, but the camera died right after the last picture. I can't get it to turn on at all. I know it's not the battery because the lens didn't retract.

I am in love with Design's colt! he is too gorgeous for words! love him!

hopefulyl the girls will get going so we have more babies to love very soon

I'm planning on gelding him and training him to cart(when he is old enough). If you want to pay the shipping and quarantine(plus his price), you can have him. He is only registered AMHR, have to hardship dam into AMHA this year.LOL

I'm planning on gelding him and training him to cart(when he is old enough). If you want to pay the shipping and quarantine(plus his price), you can have him. He is only registered AMHR, have to hardship dam into AMHA this year.LOL
HAHAHA can you imagine how much it would cost just to ship him to Australia? LOL
default_thud.gif
default_thud.gif
default_thud.gif

lol otherwise I would consider it very seriously LOL.

I'm sure he will do very well with a cart
default_smile.png
very exciting times for you
default_smile.png

There hasn't been much changes in the three mares.

Miss Te(334 days) has been more restless at night, she paces the stall. She is very loose and dropped. I have a feeling she is going to foal without much of a bag. The foal looks like it has moved forward. This is going to be a tiny foal, she is not very big.

Lace(323 days)loose, but still has edema in front of the bag. Nipples pointing down.

Freckles(316 days)slowly getting a bag, otherwise the same.

Just got a text from a gentlemen we sold a buckskin mare to, who was in foal to the same sire as Dice's. We sold her because she was 34" and very big boned. She foaled a colt on April Fool's day, April 1st. He sent me pictures on my phone and it looks like it is a buckskin(possibly silver). He also looks like he is going to be tall.

I can't transfer the pictures from my phone to the computer.

The mares are still on stand-by. Here's updated pictures.

Miss Te(335 days)not much of a bag, but she has no tail resistance. Also jelly butt. Hoohaa goes from elongated, to tight. Still very restless in her stall.

Lace(324 days)still needs to loose edema in front of bag. A little tail resistance, no jelly butt. She was V'd last night and off and on today.

Freckles(317 days)she has very little tail resistance, even more than Lace. She has dropped in her butt area overnight. Had a nice round butt last night. Hip bones more pronounced.

SANY0548.JPG

SANY0549.JPG

SANY0550.JPG

SANY0551.JPG

SANY0552.JPG

SANY0553.JPG

SANY0554.JPG

SANY0555.JPG

SANY0556.JPG

SANY0557.JPG

SANY0558.JPG

SANY0559.JPG

Here's the concern with Annie. Kari purchased her in May 2012, with the possibility she was in foal to LTD Man In Command. She ended coming into heat about 2-3 weeks after we got her home(lived in MO than). We bred her mid-May(5/15-5/21), accidently threw away the paper with the exact days earlier this year. We moved to AZ the first of June. She looked like she was possibly coming back into heat, but the trip was stressful(for us and the animals). First of July she started teasing to the stallions(penned next to the mares). We bred her between 7/3-7/8. By our calculations she is 270 days, 330 days on June 3.

This morning when I looked at her, she didn't have a round butt. She is starting to look like the mares due now. I decided to check her bag and felt some hardness to it.

I would like you yo look at the pictures and tell me if you think she may have been pregnant in July and still let the stallion cover her. If that is so, she is 317 days+/- a few days. Last pictures I took of her were back in Jan. and I don't know if I took all angles(because I thought she was a later foaling).

She has had at least one foal. We were looking at her about 2 months ago and thought she was a little big for being due in June. Her and Miss Te are about the same height and body structure, Miss Te is barely showing. We are concerned because her last foal was a tight fit and had to be pulled. It affected the fillies gait in her backend.

SANY0560.JPG

SANY0562.JPG

SANY0564.JPG

SANY0565.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
So, are you saying Annie might have already been bred when she let the stallion cover her in July. That would mean she is due to deliver this month or first of May, not June like we thought.

I agree with Anna, she is bagging up and starting to drop... looks good for a April may baby! :D

I'm not sure about letting the stallion cover her... maybe you could ask the question on the main forum?

Miss Te(338 days) more filling in milk bar, otherwise the same.

Lace(327 days)V'd for the last 3 days. Moves towards front legs, than back to middle of stomach. More noticeable at times. She has been scratching her butt a lot the last couple days. She cut her vulva(will notice in pictures), so she is sore. I checked inside vulva lastnight, deep red further in. Pale pink closer to opening. Can't get pictures because it makes her uncomfortable with the cut. Doctoring it and keeping it clean. The swelling still in front of bag has been there since last year(she was open). It's her fatty bag, otherwise all edema has moved to her bag. Some clear, sticky fluid.

Freckles(320 days)more filling in bag, otherwise the same. Maybe a little more loose in vulva area. Still wide

Annie(321 days?)more filling in bag with hardness, still wide.

SANY0574.JPG

SANY0575.JPG

SANY0576.JPG

SANY0585.JPG

SANY0578.JPG

SANY0579.JPG

SANY0587.JPG

SANY0566.JPG

SANY0567.JPG

SANY0568.JPG

SANY0584.JPG

SANY0570.JPG

SANY0571.JPG

SANY0572.JPG

SANY0583.JPG

Not sure who is who, but this looks to be the one to watch first!!!

/monthly_04_2013/post-44875-0-11378000-1365379359_thumb.jpg /monthly_04_2013/post-44875-0-46358100-1365379385_thumb.jpg

Latest posts

Back