Magic Marker Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic Marker Minis

Reaction score
My name is Toni, my business partner is Kari. She works all day and I take care of the animals. We don't have cameras and I don't know how to post pictures. I'll give you an update on our mares.

1: Design-(30" smokey black Tovero with blue eyes, bred to 30 1/2" silver smokey black)this is her first foal. She will be 330 days on March 1. With her very thick winter coat she doesn't look prego, but saw movement. Last night, she has had some udder development.

2: Shadow-(31" black, bred to 30 1/2" smokey grullo(Homozygous Blk))This is her third foal by this stallion. She is 330 days on March 20th. She is a early foaler(330), but may go earlier if Design foals. She loves babies. First year had her develop a bag and produce colostrum in 72 hrs(another mare had foaled).

3: Miss Te-(31 1/2" sorrel sabino, bred to same stallion as Shadow)Has had at least two foals prior to us getting her. Produces either sabino or overo. She is 330 days on March 31.

4: Lace-(29" blk & Wht(possibly sabino & homozygous Tob), bred to 30 1/2" cremello. She has had one foal.Business partner dreamed it would be a pinto colt. Due to sire being solid, I didn't think it would be a pinto. Month later she foaled a silver pinto colt. She will be 330 days on April 10.

5: Freckles-(32" silver bay homozygous Tob, bred to cremello above). She has had one foal. We purchased her and her filly. Filly is a black Tovero(possibly homozygous Tob-mature around 30").She is 330 days on April 17

6: Annie-(31 1/2" smokey blk(homozygous Tob), bred to 32" bay homozygous tob(with splash)). Has had at least one foal prior to purchase. She will be 330 days on June 3.

Last is Pixie-(31" blk & wht pinto)-bought her bred-people couldn't confirm who sire is(foal will be unregisterable)Sire is either a sorrel & wht pinto or a miniature donkey. She was in with boys from May 2012 to Sept 2012.

Once I figure out pictures, will post them. Not the best with computers.

We are also waiting on goats. Two Alpines, two Lamanchas(all will be mini-sire is my blue-eyed Nigerian) and one Nigerian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, sounds like a lovely line-up.

At the bottom of the posting box is a button that says "more reply options", if you click on that, the page will reload and at the bottom you'll have a box where you can upload pictures direct from your computer. I hope that's enough information to help you upload some pictures. If the picutre files are large, you'll only able to load 3-4 pics per post.

Welcome to the nutty nursery!!! I hope you can follow Chanda's good instructions above,because we would all LOVE to see your mares. I also have a maiden (at 8 months) that doesn't look pregnant but I know she is. Best of luck to your foaling season. We have some mares due in April also and ours will be on camera so maybe you can watch??? Love having extra eyes.

Okay, all our horses are in their winter woolies(with their coats, you'd think we live in a colder state-we live in Tucson, AZ). Rained yesterday and supposed to rain off and on for the next few days. They look a little grubby. Will be clipping the mares bellies better, once the rain moves off. Looking at them now, they all look V'ed.

First up is Design, she is at 294 days.

SANY0210.JPG

SANY0211.JPG

SANY0212.JPG

SANY0213.JPG

SANY0214.JPG

It worked. My business partner said it was harder than it was.

Here's Shadow(X Caliber's Little Shadow), she is at 275 days. She moved as I was backing the picture from behind, so not adding it. She is bred to Running Creeks Destiny Buckeroo-he is also Design's sire(he throws is splash gene on pinto's, not solid(yet).

Sorry, Design's reg name is HMM Design For Destiny(bred to Wesco Farms Rohans Echo ET- silver smokey black-clipped face)

SANY0215.JPG

SANY0218.JPG

SANY0217.JPG

HPIM2296.JPG

SANY0235.JPG

Here's Miss Te(Ltd's Miss Te-sorrel sabino-265 days-sire is Running Creeks Destiny Buckeroo) and Lace(MMM Chantilly Lace-blk &wht-253 days-sire is Wisteria GMB Dream Come True(cremello)).. Only took pictures of side because they are due later.

SANY0220.JPG

SANY0221.JPG

SANY0222.JPG

SANY0223.JPG

Casper+3+years+2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Freckles(Mini Bucks Fancy Freckles, bred to cremello pictured in last post-246 days) Also a picture of her 2010 filly, will mature around 30". Sire was 33" and dam is 32". Hope Freckles produces small again. Lace and Freckles up coming foals are Casper's(cremello) first offspring. The picture of her filly is when they where curious of the blue goat. I have a old Nubian that has a hard time keeping weight on. She gets cold easily, so a put a blanket(made) and a miniature blanket on her. All the miniatures where wondering what that was.

SANY0224.JPG

SANY0225.JPG

SANY0208.JPG

SANY0204.JPG

Here's the last two. Annie(Thorny Rose Rocks Ann, bred to Freeland's Geronimo Navajo Feather- this is his first offspring) is not due until June. Baby should be homozygous tobiano-both dam and sire are homozygous, Navajo also has a splash gene. Picture of Annie is back in Oct. Pixie(will be hardshipped into AMHA this year, unless we find out she is already registered) is due between April and August. She is very shy, so hard to catch. Picture of her is when we bought her in Sept 2012. She is more wooly and dirtier. She is either going to have a miniature horse or possibly a mini mule.

SANY0021.JPG

IMG_20120929_112441-1.jpg

navie3.jpg

Yeah! Glad it worked. And, thank you for sharing pics of your herd. Design might not be too far off of foaling since she's already 294, and these little girls can go as early as 300 days (my earliest so far was 307 days).

All I know is, if Design foals, Shadow will be hot on her heels. Shadow's first foal for us was a red bag and died. When we turned the first mare(that foaled) out with the others(foal was about month old), Shadow tried to steal her. We had to separate for another month. Shadow continued to be very protective of that filly, until we sold the filly

I hope Design waits until closer to March. I have a Alpine goat due any day. After that, is one more Alpine, two Lamancha's, and a Nigerian. They are all due in Feb.

I'm the only one that checks on the animals at night(kidding & foaling), and I'm by myself during the day, so I don't want to be too wore out.

Sounds like you've got a busy few months ahead, can't wait to see all these babies when they arrive!
default_smile.png

Hi Toni and welcome to the Nutty Nursery.
default_yes.gif

You have some lovely colourful girls in your herd - looks as though the coming babies will be a colourful lot too - exciting times ahead!!

Good luck with the goats - dont forget pictures of them too please.

Here you go. Side view and udder view. All the does where bred about the same time, so could kid within days of each other.

Heidi is a brown Alpine(due any day-first of Feb.)At least third freshing(bred)first twins by Roadrunner where a blue eyed girl and a brown eyed girl

Angie is black Alpine(due within a week or two of Heidi)(second freshing)First was a blue eyed boy

Rosie is a cream Lamancha(due Feb)(at least second freshing)

Flower(I don't remember what Kari named her-daughter to Rosie) is a cream Lamancha(first freshing)

Wendy is a black & brown Nigerian(AGS registered)(5th freshing)She has had four sets of twins and a single-blue-eyed and brown eyed. The doe behind Wendy is her mother, Cheyenne. She had a blue eyed girl and a blue eyed boy. Both are sold.

My other doe, Buttercup, had triplets(one stillborn) in Nov. The two survivors where blue eyed girls. Both are sold.

Sire isRoadRunner, a blue eyed tri-colored Nigerian(AGS)

SANY0239.JPG

SANY0240.JPG

SANY0245.JPG

SANY0251.JPG

SANY0247.JPG

SANY0248.JPG

SANY0250.JPG

SANY0241.JPG

SANY0249.JPG

SANY0198.JPG

Your pictures and the goats make me homesick! Of course the deep snow and -17 degree temperatures have a little to do with that too lol. I raised Nigerian and Pygmy goats while living in and near Oracle, and we had Quarter Horses there. I ventured into miniatures when we moved here in no-mans-land. You have some lovely mares, can't wait to see pictures of the foals!

Beautiful Minis cant wait to see your little babies Goats, Horses ... all of them ..xx

Well, here's an update. No baby goats or foals, but one of our cats had 2 boys and two girls last night. That adds to the two girls born about three weeks ago. Two more cats are pregnant, so there will be more. We now have three black tortoiseshell females, one solid black female, one solid black male, and one black and white male. We had to move the oldest ones because there mom will nurse the younger ones. They need their mom's colostrum, so separated. Once they are a couple days old, we will put them together. First pic is the three week old girls. Second one is the new mom getting in the way of picture taking. Will get better pictures later.

We also had a coming two year old miniature filly sand colic on Monday. She was getting better Mon afternoon, but relapsed during the night. My business partner came home early from work yesterday to help me walk her. She is getting better and having more solid poop. She is unhappy because she is separated from her buddy, but I have to keep her separated until I know she is 100%.

Also, the seventh broodmare, ended up in heat yesterday. She was teasing to Rohan. She has not wanted anything to do with the boys, until yesterday. That's fine because she is the one we bought bred. We never got information on whether the sire was a miniature horse or donkey. The foal would also be unregisterable. She will be bred to our Champion Nighthawk black overo son in April or May. Both mares bred to him for 2013 coliced and died.

Well, here's an update. No baby goats or foals, but one of our cats had 2 boys and two girls last night. That adds to the two girls born about three weeks ago. Two more cats are pregnant, so there will be more. We now have three black tortoiseshell females, one solid black female, one solid black male, and one black and white male. We had to move the oldest ones because there mom will nurse the younger ones. They need their mom's colostrum, so separated. Once they are a couple days old, we will put them together. First pic is the three week old girls. Second one is the new mom getting in the way of picture taking. Will get better pictures later.

We also had a coming two year old miniature filly sand colic on Monday. She was getting better Mon afternoon, but relapsed during the night. My business partner came home early from work yesterday to help me walk her. She is getting better and having more solid poop. She is unhappy because she is separated from her buddy, but I have to keep her separated until I know she is 100%.

Also, the seventh broodmare, ended up in heat yesterday. She was teasing to Rohan. She has not wanted anything to do with the boys, until yesterday. That's fine because she is the one we bought bred. We never got information on whether the sire was a miniature horse or donkey. The foal would also be unregisterable. She will be bred to our Champion Nighthawk black overo son in April or May. Both mares bred to him for 2013 coliced and died.

SANY0259.JPG

SANY0262.JPG

Oh I can't wait for more photos of the new kittens!!! I really hope your filly is feeling better!

She is still a little depressed. She is only eating a tiny bit. We aren't giving her much hay until she is pooping normal. Gave her alfalfa pellets(soaked) witha little grain and psyllium, but she is barely eating that. Drinking good, so that's a plus. She misses Tiger, her best friend.

Latest posts

Back