Magic Marker Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is two different horses... the bag shot is Lace, who is at 328 days (she foaled two years ago at 338 days). The other one is Freckles who is at 321 (don't know her foaling history). Toni missed the vulva shot for Lace, so here it is... Poor baby... she ripped her vulva on a mesquite tree a few days ago... She's already had her episiotomy!

Kari

SANY0581.JPG

Leave it to me to be looking at 2 different horses -- old minds.....
default_thud.gif

Poor little momma! Can't tell if the puffiness is from her injury -- or her sneaking up to the finish line! But if that is HER udder -- than I'm guessing she's getting really close for you!

Last edited:
The puffiness is not from her injury. That just showed up yesterday and she injured herself 2 days ago. Hope she doesn't go tonight, we have 30 MPH winds going through. The mares are not in a barn, just an area that has a roof(mainly shade from sun).

If the puffiness just came yesterday -- then I'd be watching her ALL the time! She could go quickly with an udder like that, and her hooha looking that ready.

Do you have a picture of her standing at the backside, looking down her sides? I'm wondering how baby is riding? If she's looking somewhat slab-sided, don't take your eyes off her!

She is the puggy one, but she has been slightly slab-sided for a couple days. Also the V goes from barely noticeable to very noticeable. Also moves from the middle of her stomach to closer to her front legs.

I'm unable to take the picture you want at this time, it's way to windy. I'm always watching her. I even dose in my chair by her stall.

We had a foaling bonanza this morning(thankfully waited until daylight). Rained part of the night.

Miss Te foaled a silver?dunskin filly(8 in cannon) at 10:30 am, with Lace at her side.

At 11:30 am Lace foaled a buckskin colt(7 1/4 in cannon).

Miss Te just popped her filly out. Had to go up in Lace to help. Felt one leg and the nose, not the other leg. It was back a little and I helped pull, so it was easier on Lace. She's the one with the injured vulva.

Both foals up, mom's have passed placenta. Just waiting for peeing, pooping, and nursing.

last pic is right after Miss Te foaled and Lace was in labor. We didn't have them in their pens because the high winds made sand dunes of them.

Freckles and Annie are about 2-3 weeks out.

SANY0596.JPG

SANY0597.JPG

SANY0599.JPG

SANY0592.JPG

SANY0593.JPG

SANY0594.JPG

SANY0588.JPG

MY GOODNESS!! That's the way to do it! LOL!!

Many congratulations on your new babies - and one of each too!
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Well done Miss Te and Lace.
default_yes.gif

Wow! You need to visit and talk to my mare! Omg those foals are dolls! Beautiful babies! I don't know how you found time to take pictures and post for us. Thank you!

Oh my gosh!!! That's so exciting!!! CONGRATULATIONS! They are both adorable! (I love that shot of the one trying to stand.)

wow what a lovely surprise when I logged on
default_smile.png
Congratulations on you two beautiful foals!

SENSATIONAL babies!!! And one of each -- is wonderful!

AND I'd like to thank you so much for posting their pictures in the Album!! Was the first place I stopped when I got back from dinner and saw these beautiful babies!!!

CONGRATULATIONS again!!!!

WoW
default_new_multi.gif
Congratulations
default_new_multi.gif
What a productive day
default_thumbup.gif

They are adorable, thank you for sharing them with us.

Thanks, I'm so glad they held off until today. It was very windy(30-40 mph) yesterday and then it started to rain. Before the rain, I had to move Lace(decided to move Miss Te with her for company). Their foaling pens where sand dunes(we have no barn). I checked Miss Te(last night) before I moved her and was suprised to fill her bag hard and clear fluid. Lace hunkered down and Miss Te paced all night. This morning I moved them back to there foaling pens for breakfast. Checked bags. Design's was hard and huge, with cloudy fluid. Miss Te wasn't as tight, but she also had cloudy fluid. Fed them breakfast between 7:30-8:00 am. They dove into their food without a backwards glance. Did notice Miss Te urinate a tiny bit once. Let them out in their turnout area(main area of the property) between 9:00-9:30 am. Noticed Miss Te and Lace went to the back area of the pen, they never go back there. They then moved to the front, by the house, with the other two preggo's. Went in the house to get some breakfast and noticed Miss Te was restless and acting like she wanted to lay down. Sat out on the front porch and ate my breakfast. Finished and told Kari Miss Te was in labor. 15 minutes after we both came back out and sat on the porch, she layed down. Delivered the filly within 15 minutes. Lace stood by her the whole time. We were watching Miss Te's filly when I noticed Lace acting a little weird. She had one soft poop and proceded to go into labor. Had to help because one leg was back a little. I could feel one leg and the nose. Finally found the other leg and helped pull.

This one was nice because I was preparing to stay up all night(like Diane has told me). Wasn't looking forward to it. Stayed up almost all night last night.

Freckles and Annie are 2-3 weeks out, so have a grace period.

Great job on helping Lace, too!

They are just so cute -- and so nice they foaled in the day for you! So happy to see two more healthy babies safely on the ground!!!!

Wow, Daytime babies!!! and one right after the other. I guess it was contageous!

Congratulations!!!

How are the new babies doing today? Can we have some new pics please
default_smile.png

I just noticed the buckskin colt having a lot of issues with balance. Not the wobbly sort of a newborn. He got up with a little trouble, but I just took it for newborn balance. I looked down and he was laying down again. I watched him go to get up and just flip over. He tried a couple more times and did the same thing. He gave up until I went out there. I stayed by him and helped him stay up. He is walking around, but still sways and is taking short, choppy strides with the front. I saw him nurse and pee. I'm going back out to check on him, so I'll take pictures. He was fine last night and this morning. He was attenpting to run around. I've also seen him poop.

Could be low blood sugar -- if he's been sleeping and not eating enough -- something Rain Man was doing the other day. You might try giving him a small amount of maple syrup mixed with warm water in a syringe and see if that picks him up, and give him lots of physical stimulation to get him going again.

Keep us posted on his condition!

He was nursing when I went out to take pictures. After he nursed, I got him to move out. He is moving better and is alert. Here's more pictures of all three babies.

Dice is getting so big and is a little pistol.

The filly has the white on her face and will have 3 white socks.

The colt is solid, no white. He has blue eyes at this time. This is Kari's cremello stallions first foal. Freckles is in foal to Casper(cremello) also. Casper didn't disappoint. This colt has his extremely dishy face.

SANY0602.JPG

SANY0605.JPG

SANY0603.JPG

SANY0604.JPG

SANY0606.JPG

SANY0607.JPG

Your foals are adorable, thank you so much for the pictures! That little buckskin has stolen my heart, too bad I don't still live near you!

Latest posts

Back