Magic Marker Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my goodness how precious!!! Will you ship the new little colt to me so I can put him in my pocket and take him everywhere? He is just the sweetest little thing! Big congrats! What an exciting day
default_smile.png

Kari won't let him go for less than $5000
default_smile.png
This is the first foal by her cremello stallion. This foal is a LK Buckeroo Bonsai (Boones Little Buckeroo) and LK Doctor Dream (LK Supreme Dream) cross. His dam is 29" and his sire is 30". It looks like a golden cross. He is so compact and well conformed. He is very upright. He is better today and was running around, driving mommy nuts. She wanted to eat breakfast.

We can't wait for Casper's second foal, out of our 32" silver bay homozygous tobiano mare with Mini Bucks breeding.

We had some new babies this morning, but they have two legs and feathers. Our female Sebastol goose was laying on 7 eggs and we have 4 live babies. Dad is a white Chinese. Both parents have blue eyes, so the babies will have blue eyes.

Freckles is more dropped and a little slabsided. Milk bar is the same. A little more loose and elongated in the vulva area. Will get pictures later of the two.

Do have one question about the filly. I know she is a dunskin. Sire is smokey grulla(homozygous blk and has splash) and dam is a sorrel(sabino).

The fillies color stops at her legs. All four legs look white, you can't even see the white of her socks. I just just know she has three white socks because three of her hooves are white, one is black. Her dunskin color is different then our dunskin Mustang/QH. It has a amost reddish tinge, but dad being homozygous blk, that's not likely. I know she has a dun factor because the dorsal stripe runs from hre ears, through to her tail.

What color due you think she is and is the white color on her legs due to the sabino or splash.

If you need better pics, just tell me what you need.

SANY0604.JPG

SANY0596.JPG

No good with colours I'm afraid, I'll leave that to the others!! But both Freckles and Annie are looking great - I think your question mark over Annie is answered for you because they both look at exactly the same stage of pregnancy to me.
default_yes.gif

You answered your own question. Sire homozygous for black, dam sorrel then she could be buckskin dun, (dunskin) if one of them carries agouti. Sorrel can pass it on without showing it, and she could be a dunskin homozygous for black, or a bay homozygous for black. I think. She could even be grulla, when the foal coat comes off on the minis they surprise us with what is underneath. If she is grulla or smokey grulla the body color can be a multitude of shades. Our grullo horses looked bucksin until they got their 2 year old summer coats. Mustangs too. And then the shade of grullo will vary on each horse.

http://www.mustangs4us.com/Horse%20Colors/dun.htm

If I made a mistake hope someone can correct it. And remember, it may not apply here, but sooty gene has the same markings in many cases that dun has, dorsal stripe, leg barring, face mask, forehead cobwebbing, and lined ears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Color genetics are fascinating, and Thehorse.com just came out with another article. They are learning new things and coming up with new tests every year. Can't wait for this baby. Hope it doesn't have blue eyes tho.

Gosh! I startle everytime I see a pic of your bay mare! She looks so much like Missy. Can't wait to see your other babies!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's Freckles(328 days) and Annie(329 days)

Freckles is progressing every day, so I think she will go within the week.

Annie is a little slower, so she may last up to 2 weeks.

SANY0623.JPG

SANY0624.JPG

SANY0625.JPG

SANY0632.JPG

SANY0634.JPG

SANY0635.JPG

SANY0636.JPG

SANY0646.JPG

Boy, they are looking fabulous!!! Everything moving ahead as it should! Won't be long now!

Freckles-silver bay homozygous tobiano(332 days) a lot of agitation and rolling last night. Vulva was very loose and puffy. Not as much this morning. Edema had gone down, but resurfaced a couple days ago. Very hard to touch, still needs to fill the nipples. Can get clear, slightly sticky fluid(but not easily)

Annie-smokey blk homozygous tobiano(333 days)Hard bag-clear,slightly stick fluid

SANY0647.JPG

SANY0648.JPG

SANY0649.JPG

SANY0651.JPG

SANY0653.JPG

SANY0654.JPG

SANY0655.JPG

SANY0656.JPG

Freckles(334 days)very loose and puffy vulva, inside pale pink with darker pink starting. She"s had a V on and off for the last 24 hrs. She's a little wide right now. Her bag is firm but needs the nipples to fill in. Can express some clear sticky fluid.

Annie(335 +/- days)loose, no puffiness. Inside vulva is a darker pink than Freckles. Her bag is rock hard and can have clear sticky fluid expressed easily. She has had a V since last night. Was slightly slab-sided this morning, but has gone back to wide-load.

Both mares have been very restless today. They keep moving from one place to another. Going to areas that they had stayed away from for the last couple weeks. Both have had loose stools on and off for the past couple days.

Here's pictures of their bellies. Bay pinto is Freckles, Smokey blk pinto is Annie(second pic)

SANY0657.JPG

SANY0658.JPG

Both looking fabulous and close! Remember, they can turn any "wideness" into slab-sided with just a roll or two~! Sounding VERY promising! Keep us posted!

Looks like they are racing against each other - maybe you will be foaling them both down at the same time!! Anyway, it wont be long now.
default_yes.gif

Both Freckles and Annie have reached a stale-mate. Annie is very V'd and the baby has moved forward. Can easily express clear sticky fluid from nipples, but her nipples are not full. Freckles nipples are also not full. Haven't seen any movement from the foals for a few days. Look at the pictures from 4 days ago and the mares are the same.

Latest posts

Back