Magic Marker 2015

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry you lost a foal, but glad the mare is ok.

Hope your kitty recovers quickly.

Called the vet today. My cat is urinating on his own with a little blood still so they kept him one more day. His kidney function had greatly improved. They also went ahead and neutered him. He was due for that next month. I'll be so happy when he gets home. A friend is picking him up after work, since our truck is broke down.

We have another colt! Half Arab had her foal about 11 pm. Both Kari and I had just gone to bed. Heard some noises but two loud groans got me up. When I checked foal was out and had his head up. Got Kari and checked sex. Looks like its a buckskin, a little hard to tell in the dark. Backed off to let mom and baby bond. Will gets pictures in the morning.

Woohoo- congrats on a another baby. Can't wait to see pictures (hopefully after you are able to sleep in)!

Congratulations, buckskin would be awesome
default_smile.png
looks like its a colt year

Got a couple of pictures of the new colt. Mom was nervous, so didn't puch it. He looks bay, but there is no way. Mom a sorrel and sire a perlino. Only color choices are smoky black, buckskin, or palomino. He has a little star and no other white. And legs to die for. I thought his half sister was leggy, but she has nothing on him. Will get better pictures once mom relaxes and I can get closer.

CAM00653.jpg

CAM00652.jpg

Congratulations!

My friend had told me that when the mare gets "dimples" on her teats you have less than 24 hours to go. I noticed your mare had them in the pics posted yesterday, so I was excited to see if it was true and Bam! it was!!!

BTW, my guess is buckskin
default_smile.png

Here's better pictures of him. This is the first colt for my stallion. He has produced fillies so far. He has one outside mare to go and may be his last. Planning on gelding him and colt this fall. This is Rivers first baby and most likely last. She is staying in AZ on a vare lease with option to buy after foal is weaned. We are moving to MO.

CAM00658.jpg

CAM00653.jpg

CAM00654.jpg

CAM00655.jpg

Wow!

I know I said buckskin, but he sure looks bay. Like you said, that is an impossible outcome with a perlino stallion! I wonder how he will look next year?

With that said though... hello legs!

Three years ago when my roommates daughters Mustang/QH had his first daughter, I thought she was leggy. She has nothing on this boy. His three year old half sisters dam was about 13.3-14.0 hands. There sire is 15 hands. River is 14.2 hands. Pandi (3 yr old) is about 13.3. She also lost her dam when she was a month old. Interesting what he will mature at.

Now, if mom would let him nurse more. Everytime he gets his head under there she moves away. She's too nervous to step in and keep her from moving. She would either injure herself, us, or the colt. She let him nurse this morning, so I know he has had colostrum. Will keep an eye on them until morning. If she is still stopping him from nursing, we will try to step in.

On a much happier note, my cat is being picked up by a friend this evening. He still will be on antibiotics but he is much better.

Reactions: KLM
Thank god, River finally stopped moving when colt tried to nurse. He was persistent. Did not want to try getting him caught and mom haltered. He drank a lot and now is in a milk induced coma.

A big congratulations. I know you wanted a colt so that is awesome.

Yeah, the only problem, is he is not a true buckskin. He is what everyone calls smoky brown. Brown is a color Kari has a hard time saying.

Latest posts

Back