Magic Marker 2015

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He might not be the typical golden buckskin everyone expects, but he is still buckskin. Brown is a form of Agouti. My little stallion is a silver smokey brownskin (silver buckskin with seal brown version of agouti).

Finally got my hands on him and he definitely is all legs. I'm 5'5 1/2" tall and his back was midway up my torso. Mom either stepped on him or he tweeked his knee getting up. He's limping around but will trot and run when he feels like it. Keeping an eye on it. Mom sees a halter and lead rope and she becomes stupid. Races away and doesn't pay attention where baby is. Have to snag baby first and get him protected to catch mom.

Iv only heard it be called a smutty buckskin. But I saw a filly look just like him and turned out cream and gorgeous, with perfect black knees. He's a cutie
default_smile.png

i'm really eager to see what colors he's hiding under that foal coat! Sounds like he will be full of surprises
default_smile.png
Hopefully his knee gets better on its own!

He's has a barely noticable limp today. Standing more than laying down. We are going to try to catch mom so we can move them to another pen. More open. May not be today. We have reinforce the section that runs along our road. Tall enoufh for minis, not big horses.

Ugghg yes Diane I love dilutes as well
default_smile.png
. Iv heard of sooty also. I call them smutty from what i heard growing up.

Well here's the colt (we named him Cisco) one week later. Still looks bay. He also looks like he has one hind sock (striped hoof), maybe both. Mom has two hind white socks.

Our last mare to foal is Rain. She is either 304 or 331 days along. Pictures will be on next post, stupid phone.

Never mind, I'll put pictures up Wednesday. I have StraightTalk and I have to get a card every month to renew. I have gone over my internet so download is very slow. Have tried five times to put pictures on without success.

Finally got my high speed internet back to normal on my phone. Rain is either around 312 or 339 days today. She's fat and miserable. Making progress on milk bar. Still needs to elongate in thw vulva area.

Cisco (big colt) has inherited his grandsires jumping ability. Jumped a 4 1/2' fence in with his half sister. Mom followed but doesn't have the same jumping ability. Crashed and burned (minor scratches), fence looked worse. Mom and son then jumped fence into mini area. Same results. Got them back in pen. All between 4-5 am. Later Cisco jumped out again and we saw him jump back in. We made the fence higher and enlarged it. Now Cisco, River, and his half sister Pandi arw together. He seems happier.

Zazzy is Zazzy. Always in the way and still loves to run with the Pittbull x.

Little Gumby Bear has more leg issues than we originally noticed. Never saw him running around and he walked weird. Finally saw him run after his mom and he hops in the back. Both back legs move at the same time. He doesn't have much range of motion. At this time, we are planning on gelding him and having him be a companion for a mare we have that is almost blind. Will put pictures in the next text. No current pictures of Zazzy.

In other news, we got to go out and see three of our 2013 babies and a stallion we sold a gentlemen. Sold him two stallions, but one died unexpectantly. The three babies had gotten so big. Two were going to outgrow their A papers and the third had comformation issues. They looked great, just over weight. Told him to lessen the food and increase the exercise. He takes the three two year olds for walks and takes them through obstacles. The stallion we trained to cart so he takes him out and drives him. Was going to geld the stallion and stud colt, but temps never got cold enough this winter. Here's Dice (silver black pinto), Desi (silver buckskin pinto), and Deva (unsure of color-got dun gene from sire and sabino from dam) two years after this forum helped us deliver them into the world.

CAM00742.jpg

CAM00757.jpg

CAM00758.jpg

They are looking good! I always loved seeing how my ponies did when I sold them.

I've lost contact with some who've purchased my ponies and then out of the blue been contacted by an owner that purchased one and all my "paperwork" (I give out a health care packet which includes pics from birth, info on sire/dam & their pictures and our contact info) was still w/ the pony. It's very fun and satisfying to see what some folks have done with the ponies we bred/raised/trained/showed and then sold...

So, I'll get updated pictures of Rain tomorrow. Her bag has filled more from yesterday to today, just needs a little more filling.

I'm on my own for the next week or two. Kari got a call from her aunt saying her mom fell down. and was in the hospital. She was injured bad (a couple bumps and bruises) but they kept her overnight. During the night her BP dropped and she was having problems breathing. That was Thurs night. Early Sat morning Kari's aunt called to say her moms BP had dropped again and she was having problems. While Kari and her aunt were on the phone the doctors said she was not responding, so they pronounced her dead. Kari is still in shock and is going out to help her aunt with finalizing everything.

We did have eight babies born today. My LGD had her last litter. Five boys and three girls.

CAM00784.jpg

CAM00785.jpg

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to read this. You and your family/friends are in my thoughts. Very sorry

Congratulations on the puppies, quite the perfect mix of boys and girls. Very cute
default_smile.png

Okay, have to bring puppies in the house during the day. Too hot and too many flies. They were crying until I set them on a blanket in the living room. Haven't heard a peep out of them. I think they are happy. Cats are not so sure.

Rain is 318 days today. She is V'd a lot lately. Still needs more loosening and elongation in the vulva. Also a little more shopping.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. Have a friend coming over to help me take our remaining boy cats to (like Maple Hollow likes to say) have brain surgery (neuter).

CAM00786.jpg

CAM00789.jpg

CAM00791.jpg

CAM00801.jpg

Sorry to hear about Kari's mom.

The puppies are too cute. All white!

Rain is looking good!

Latest posts

Back