Late November foal, or will she pop in Jan 2008??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahahaha Lucky-C-Acres-Minis, "Rayne Finally Falls" is fitting also as its summer here & some "rain" would be nice, hahaha.
default_biggrin.png

No foal still, heres some pics from this morn.

new_26thnov.jpg

new_26thnov1.jpg

And what she use to look like, March this year, 3 wks after weaning her 2006 colt foal.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...e/_MG_2916.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...e/_MG_2852.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...e/IMG_1398.jpg

She's really packing on the udder
default_yes.gif
so I'd definitely keep a close eye on her.. Can you extract any liquid? How does she look in the rear?

She's really packing on the udder
default_yes.gif
so I'd definitely keep a close eye on her.. Can you extract any liquid? How does she look in the rear?

She is, isnt she!
default_yes.gif

Yep, i extract some milk onto the back of a black plastic kitchen spoon (lol) & its creamy white..... not sticky & salty to taste.

Back end, well she's not "slack" & inside her vulva, its still pale pink in colour.

Yep, i extract some milk onto the back of a black plastic kitchen spoon (lol) & its creamy white..... not sticky & salty to taste.
look like this?:

DSCI0013-1.jpg

I haven't been real good with tasting the milk
default_wacko.png
lol

Hi Kylie!

I have been watching this thread pretty close
default_biggrin.png
and when you first posted the photos of her belly and udder developement. I more or less expected more udder developement for a November Foal.
default_wink.png

So, based on her progress so far I am thinking she will have a December foal...
default_yes.gif

I know you probably dont want to hear that...
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png
But, I think she took the second cover by your other stallion later in the year.
default_wink.png

She looks to be progressing pretty fast now and I would almost bet she gets a FULL udder this time.
default_biggrin.png
I have a mare or two here that get HUGE bags and still wait to foal another couple of weeks. I also know with the experience I have had that mares built like her can look like foaling is really near for weeks to a couple of months.
default_laugh.png

Well good luck with your greatly anticipated foal!!
default_yes.gif
I am so glad you are sharing this with us here.
default_biggrin.png
I think we all go through foal withdrawls here after our foaling season is over in the US.
default_wink.png
So keep us updated with photos as her time draws near...
default_biggrin.png

Oh, what was her exact cover dates last year in January...

default_saludando.gif

Jeri

Hi Kylie!

I have been watching this thread pretty close
default_biggrin.png
and when you first posted the photos of her belly and udder developement. I more or less expected more udder developement for a November Foal.
default_wink.png

So, based on her progress so far I am thinking she will have a December foal...
default_yes.gif

I know you probably dont want to hear that...
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png
But, I think she took the second cover by your other stallion later in the year.
default_wink.png

She looks to be progressing pretty fast now and I would almost bet she gets a FULL udder this time.
default_biggrin.png
I have a mare or two here that get HUGE bags and still wait to foal another couple of weeks. I also know with the experience I have had that mares built like her can look like foaling is really near for weeks to a couple of months.
default_laugh.png

Well good luck with your greatly anticipated foal!!
default_yes.gif
I am so glad you are sharing this with us here.
default_biggrin.png
I think we all go through foal withdrawls here after our foaling season is over in the US.
default_wink.png
So keep us updated with photos as her time draws near...
default_biggrin.png

Oh, what was her exact cover dates last year in January...

default_saludando.gif

Jeri
Hi, thanks heaps for your post.
default_saludando.gif

Yes i agree, she'll get a full bag this time, im recording it on her foaling card for reference, its very interesting.

Ok, the last service by the other stallion was 17th & 18th Feb, so a late Jan foal.

Otherwise, her Dec service was 14th Dec, only the 1 day.

Lol, i imaging you are all having withdrawals, so hope its ok posting this thread..... i am just very excited!!!

Thanks heaps again.

Look forward to seeing some pics of your mini's.
default_aktion033.gif

Cheers,

Kylie.

Hi Kylie
default_saludando.gif

Okay, I did the claculations from the December date and she would be 347 days in foal from that breeding.
default_yes.gif

So she very well could have taken with that one cover and just going the foal in the 350 day range which a couple of my B size mares do foal within 350 day range.

Her last cover on the second breeding date in Febuary she would be 281 days in foal.
default_biggrin.png
. If she "caught" with that cover then you would most likely be looking at a little over 300 day gestation..
default_unsure.png
since she is developing rapidly now in the udder department. It is a close call either way I think...
default_biggrin.png

I would have the foal PQ'd since it will be close...
default_biggrin.png
default_yes.gif

Do you know about how many days gestation her previous foals were born on? I find that with my experienced mares seem to follow almost the same pattern in regard to the number of days they are in foal. Give or take a few days.
default_yes.gif
That is what I find anyway in my limited experience since 2004.
default_yes.gif
I myself have never had one foal yet with a minimal udder either though and quite a few of mine have waxed big globs of wax too which is very unusal from what I hear.
default_biggrin.png
I even have photos of two of them waxed...
default_biggrin.png
We have also been lucky with being there for all of our foaling except for 1 thanks to our Equipage (added after the missed foal) THANKS!!! CORRINE OF MEADOWRIDGE FARM!
default_biggrin.png
and Camera system which we had since we started. We monitor our mares very closely and had manged to catch every foaling except the one I mentioned above and after the EquiPage was added we have not missed any with the combination of the two together and I have gotten quite a bit more sleep too!
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png
I also have hubby helping me Mare Stare as well so that helps alot since we do it in shifts.
default_biggrin.png
default_yes.gif

I am looking forward to your mares baby
default_wub.png
and will cross my fingers all goes well for you.
default_yes.gif

Jeri

Thanks muchly again HaazeMinis.
default_saludando.gif

2005 info: Due 23rd Sept, foaled 25th Sept 3am. Very little udder, teats not down, no change prior to foaling but was grumpy Sat.

2006: 2 days late, teats slightly changed & dropped little. 5.10am, waters broke & walked for 5 to 10mins, before foaling.

So yer, its just a waiting game isnt it, lol.
default_yes.gif

Im glad i have the foaling alarm on her, its a start & as she's in the foaling yard directly out the back, not far to travel to when we get those alarms, lol.

Thankyou again, will keep everyone up todate, till she foals!!
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks muchly again HaazeMinis.
2005 info: Due 23rd Sept, foaled 25th Sept 3am. Very little udder, teats not down, no change prior to foaling but was grumpy Sat.

2006: 2 days late, teats slightly changed & dropped little. 5.10am, waters broke & walked for 5 to 10mins, before foaling.

So yer, its just a waiting game isnt it, lol.

Im glad i have the foaling alarm on her, its a start & as she's in the foaling yard directly out the back, not far to travel to when we get those alarms, lol.

Thankyou again, will keep everyone up todate, till she foals!!
Do you know when the date(s) she was bred for those years to calculate out her gestation length? I'm assuming that with the 2005 you had her due date of Sept. 23rd calculated with 342 days, so she foaled on day 344? and assuming 2006 was calculated the same way, she would have also foaled on 344 that year.. The appy mare I've been comparing your girl with carried this year's colt 358 days...

Do you know when the date(s) she was bred for those years to calculate out her gestation length? I'm assuming that with the 2005 you had her due date of Sept. 23rd calculated with 342 days, so she foaled on day 344? and assuming 2006 was calculated the same way, she would have also foaled on 344 that year.. The appy mare I've been comparing your girl with carried this year's colt 358 days...
Yep, 342 days calculated, actually by using the Foal Calculator on the Welsh website.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I really can't see her holding out till January or heck mid December as fast as she's been progressing.. What were her previous foals? Fillies? Colts? Our appy mare delivered her first colt for us on day 345 and then this year's colt on day 358
default_new_shocked.gif
Her previous owner was shocked to hear she held out that long for both colts as she had normally carried around 330 days for them, course she gave them FILLIES
default_wacko.png
default_rolleyes.gif
lol

I really can't see her holding out till January or heck mid December as fast as she's been progressing.. What were her previous foals? Fillies? Colts? Our appy mare delivered her first colt for us on day 345 and then this year's colt on day 358
default_new_shocked.gif
Her previous owner was shocked to hear she held out that long for both colts as she had normally carried around 330 days for them, course she gave them FILLIES
default_wacko.png
default_rolleyes.gif
lol

I hope she doesnt hold off!! Lol.

3 false alarms yesty during the day but none lastnight & the weather was windy & cool so i thought she'd proberly go then!

2006 was a colt, 2005 was a filly (reckon i'll geta filly this yr?
default_biggrin.png
)

Lol about your appy mare, its always the way isnt it!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Well if she holds off till December you could name it "Freezing Rayne" and call HER (
default_wink.png
) Snow LMAO

Beautiful mare! I've also been following this and I'm just going to say that I'm going with the later date. I had a mare this year that was FULLY BAGGED for 2 months. And she was HUGE. Now imagine me getting up every hour during the night for TWO MONTHS to watch this mare. And then I missed the foaling when she finally had it. A huge 21.5" filly out of a bitty little 29.5" mare. She was born 4 weeks late (and this mare had foaled 4 times before all around 330 days) and was very mature right away. She is now only 25.75" at 6 months. I had a bunch of mares develope early and then gestate extra long! Stinkers! But I can't wait to see pictures of your new FILLY. I only had fillies this year with all my late mares sooo.....

Grrrrr, still NO foal!!!

Will i'm guessing she'll foal aroiund her 26th Jan due date, just lovely.
default_new_shocked.gif
Lol.

She's just huge in her tummy trhough, bag still the same.

Oh well, i'll just keep waiting shall i? Lol.

Oh & the name Summer Rayne is PERFECT! Thankyou.
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back