Late November foal, or will she pop in Jan 2008??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gorgeous colt, got to be happy with that! :aktion033:

Yes, we have the clear, slightly sticky (but not thick) honey coloured watery liquid.

This foal is just eagerly awaited, so hope all goes well.

Thanks, he was the first foal for us sired by our stallion so he too was eagerly awaited for.. lol

Lacey had very sticky liquid for three weeks and finally turned white the night she foaled

Updated pics from today, 5th Nov. She's "meant" to be due 22nd Nov, or 26th Jan.

new_5thnov1.jpg

new_5thnov2.jpg

new_5thnov.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p148/re...new_5thnov3.jpg

Id say very soon judging by her belly drop.

Heres a Photo Lesson with Sweetgrass.

She is at 3 months :

212months.jpg

2month.jpg

Then 2 Months :

monthalf.jpg

Then 3 Days (Notice her Belly "V" and Drop compared to above very obvious.:

2days.jpg

Then 2 Hours Before
default_wub.png
She doesnt look wide really at all notice how relaxed her tummy is and dropped:

2hours.jpg

For Fun this is 3 1/2 Months after baby ready to show more.
default_wub.png

geea.jpg

Boy I'd like to give you something positive to go by but these mares are

enough to drive you crazy......

Our mare had her vet check up and the vet said any day.....

She came 2 months and 2 days later.....

However, I have to say she looked very simliar to what your mare looks like now.

I know you're anxious to get that baby on the ground but Mom's know best....

She'll pop it out when it's thru cooking.

Good Luck!

Thanks everyone, this forum is full of helpful kind people.
default_aktion033.gif

I'm a little worried though, even though Rayne has had plenty of foals, reason being is the stallion that Rayne is in foal to, an outside mare he covered lastyear foaled on Sat (her due date) but sadly, the placenta was expelled first & the foal, a very large pinto colt was stuck & wasnt able to be pulled out, he had to be removed in a horrible way as im sure most of you would know.
default_sad.png

So im worried, but i know i shouldnt be as the mare Angel was a maiden, whereas Rayne is a proven broodie.

(im just a worry wart
default_no.gif
).

But thanks again everyone.

Have you had her vet checked and are you sure she is pregnant? She looks just like my mare did this year except my mare was bigger. She even had white milk in a stream and it turns out she wasn't even pregnant. I would just expect to see a bit more bag at this time. Sorry to be a downer.
default_sad.png

Have you had her vet checked and are you sure she is pregnant? She looks just like my mare did this year except my mare was bigger. She even had white milk in a stream and it turns out she wasn't even pregnant. I would just expect to see a bit more bag at this time. Sorry to be a downer.
default_sad.png

No, your not being a downer.
default_wink.png

I didnt have her vet checked as the vet i had at the time, wasnt able to do an "internal", but yes, definetly preg, she has not returned in season at all & runs with my stallion.

I have her "Foaling Info Card" from 2003 & in 2005 the comments were "Very little udder, teats not down, no change to foaling", this was the night before foaling.

2006 comments were "Teats slightly changed & dropped alittle".

Rayne is a long backed roomy mare & i've known her since 2003 & when she's been preg, she never gets very big.

I have a mare I was questioning about lack of bag and so I contacted my vet with the question as to why very little bag so close to foaling? His comment was that some mares just don't bag up until they foal. When the foal is passed through the birth canal, the hormone oxytocin is produced which will stimulate the milk production. (Hope I am writing this correctly- but to the best of my recollection). So, don't worry about lack of bag- especially with her history- she will produce a bag when the foal is born, if not before.

In order to ease your mind just a bit- have you considered putting her on a foaling monitor to alert you to when she is in the foaling position? Boy, that has sure given us piece of mind.

Keep us posted!!! Babies are soooooooo fun!
default_biggrin.png

Peggy

Alba Hurst Miniature Horse Ranch

KS

I'm still putting my *money* down on a November foal and wouldn't really surprise me if you went out one morning or mid-night check and found a baby.. lol My girls are notorius for that! I've foaled down 7-8 foals and have yet to actually catch a foaling, never fails I'm always 5-10 minutes late! lol

Thanks albahurst, yes i've heard & dealt with mini mare (& bigger mares, lol), not bagging up till the foal is born.... mares hey, the suspense!

Im putting the foaling alarm on her on the weekend, i cant pick it up until then.
default_aktion033.gif

Lol Lucky-C-Acres-Minis, i just being impatient!!!
default_biggrin.png

My mare never came back into season either and ran with the stallion. I finally talked my vet into palpating her and no baby. :DOH! You just never know.

My mare never came back into season either and ran with the stallion. I finally talked my vet into palpating her and no baby. :DOH! You just never know.

I will no let my vet palpate her, its just not worth the risk.

However, she most certainly is preg, unless its an alien inside, the foal is very active & Rayne's tummy has changed shape.

This mare has had many foals & all her "signs" are the exact same.

Thanks.

I vote for November!!! Pretty mare you've got there, can't wait to see her baby.

Jodi

Oh look at the pointy belly! I still say around the 3rd week or so of Nov.

Does the area in front of her teats (what you can see in her profile shot right in the flank area)

new_7thnov6.jpg

feel swollen? On our appy girl her's felt like two fist size 'rocks' and then filled up her actual bag/teats not long before she foaled..

I'm going to say she'll pop on November 24th..
default_yes.gif

Does the area in front of her teats (what you can see in her profile shot right in the flank area)

feel swollen? On our appy girl her's felt like two fist size 'rocks' and then filled up her actual bag/teats not long before she foaled..

I'm going to say she'll pop on November 24th..
default_yes.gif
Yep theres definitely odema swelling there......

I have named the foal November Rayne, so she better foal BEFORE the start of Dec, lol.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back