Late November foal, or will she pop in Jan 2008??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylie

Reaction score
Typical mare, cant get enough!

She was served mid Dec 2006 by my Mini Pony stallion, he was sold & left Wa in Feb 2007... she came in season but only for 2 days, not her "normal" cycle in Feb, so was served by my Mini Horse stallion.

She's 35", Mini Pony is 31" & Mini Horse stallion is 32.5".

Reckon it'll be a late Nov foal (would be due in 6 wks time), or i got to wait till Jan?

She's rather a "long" mare, very roomy so doesnt show as big as more compact mares. Not her 1st foal neither, she's a older broody.

Yesterday, 10th Oct.

new_9thoct.jpg

new_9thoct1.jpg

What she normally looks like, lol.

March 2007.

_MG_2917.jpg

Other shows lately....

new_100_0829.jpg

pre-royal1.jpg

New piccies....... what do you all think?

15th Oct.

new_15thoct2.jpg

new_15thoct4.jpg

Today, 23rd Oct.

new_23rdoct.jpg

Sunday, 21st Oct.

bindoon1.jpg

default_wub.png
: What a lovely mare! I'm saying November 1st-15th, a healthy colored up nice headed filly!

She's one I'd love to watch..keep us posted, ya here?

Maxine

She is gorgeous. I am not a good person to ask as my mare had a false pregnancy this year and i was convinced I saw movement right to the end. lol. I just have to ask what her bag is like? She definitely looks lie she is growing and changing.

Thankyou both kindly.

She's either due 22nd Nov or 26th Jan so its a big wait for the latter, lol.

She is just a really nice mare so i look foward to this baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, the way her belly looks in today's pic, I'd say November, she looks too big and low to be over 2 months away.. How much udder development does she have?

IMO, the way her belly looks in today's pic, I'd say November, she looks too big and low to be over 2 months away.. How much udder development does she have?
Thankyou.

I will post a pic of her udder tomorrow, she's "enlarged" but she's not bagged up as such. :saludando:

From your pics I would have to say November.

You have a stunning girl there
default_yes.gif
:

Where in Australia are you?

Karen

Australia
Hi Karen, thanks.

Im in Western Aust, a small Wheatbelt town called York, yep, in the dry dusty country, lol.

What a pretty lady! I would say around our yanks Thanksgiving time! 11/22 or there about.

I am going to go against the norm here and say that foal will not go in November, but later. I have a mare that is built a lot like your mare, longer in the body and she is due in mid January at the earliest. She looks to be about the same as your mare, and she is kinda puffy in front where they normally bag, but nothing else. This will be her first. The only difference is yours looks to have dropped slightly in one of the hay pics, so could I call a December baby?

I am going to go against the norm here and say that foal will not go in November, but later. I have a mare that is built a lot like your mare, longer in the body and she is due in mid January at the earliest. She looks to be about the same as your mare, and she is kinda puffy in front where they normally bag, but nothing else. This will be her first. The only difference is yours looks to have dropped slightly in one of the hay pics, so could I call a December baby?
Thanks. :saludando:

Would love to see pics of your mare please, i love belly pics, lol. :bgrin

Pics taken today.

new_24thoct2.jpg

new_24thoct1.jpg

Hope this is not too graffic, if so please let me know & i'll remove.

new_24thoct.jpg

I'm still going to stick with the November baby..

From her profile pics it looks like right in front of her udder is 'swollen' compared to her actual bag.. My appy mare swells right in front of her udder for 3 weeks prior to actually filling her udder, udder usually fills about 3-7 days prior to her foaling...

This is my girl about 3 weeks prior to foaling compared to your girl:

101_2876-1.jpg
new_29thoct.jpg

See what I mean, how she's swollen right in front there?

Two weeks prior:

DSCI0007.jpg
DSCI0012.jpg

One week prior:

DSCI0009.jpg
DSCI0007-2.jpg

and finally the day/night of foaling:

DSCI0009-1.jpg
DSCI0081.jpg

She was even bigger in the udder come actually foaling, but you can see how she swelled in front and never really filled from front to back until the day she foaled.. Her udders were swollen at the bottom but soft at the top until just a few hours before she laid down and foaled..

Wow Lucky-C-Acres-Minis, thankyou for the series of photos! I really enjoy looking at different mares, different stages during pregnancy... its interesting. :saludando:

Lovely mare, what did she end up having?

Ok, reading Rayne's foaling log book from 2005 & 2005..... 2005 she foaled with very little udder, teats not down.

2006, at foaling, teats slightly changed & dropped a little...... so basically she might not bag up much, otherwise she might like your lovely mare.

Thanks again.

She ended up having a big ole colt, 10 days or so over her expected due date.. At foaling she was so big and tight in the udder that when she moved she'd squirt milk..

DSCI0022.jpg

Last year she foaled a colt with just the front of her udder swollen, nothing really going on with the actual bag/teat area until after she foaled.. From the notes you have on her, sounds like she does the thing my gal does.. Her teats did not really distend down until the day she foaled though I could express some liquid for the couple weeks prior to foaling..

Latest posts

Back