Late November foal, or will she pop in Jan 2008??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH Oh oh ... I know ... I know.. pick me .. pick me ... when we're waiting for rain we do a "Rayne Dance"
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
Maybe we should all do a rain dance and she'll foal?

That would be a neat name... Rayne Dance" or for an extra spin "Rayne Daynce". (puts a little southern drawl on it.

default_biggrin.png
)

Kylie, Any updates?!

Did she pop!?!
default_new_shocked.gif

I know she'll foal when she's ready but its a joke now, lol.

Maybe its just 1 big fart inside?
default_biggrin.png

No foal, no real changes to udder, vulva etc.

Its frustrating, lol, friends Stb x mare was due tomorrow but had her stunning pinto colt early this morn..... im still waiting, "hello Rayne"
default_new_shocked.gif
, lol.

She's now 316 days......

Rayne Dance is a great name, her 2006 colt foal Was Dance At Dawn, lol.

2005 filly foal was Rayne Drop.

Being summer, with hot nights, tonight is a lovely change... was sprinkling rain a little bit, currently stopped, still 29 degrees celsius, but very windy.

Perfect foaling weather, hahaha!!!
default_pray.gif
LOL.

Well, new pics tomorrow if she hasnt foaled, more belly & boob shots, she's 317 days today.
default_yes.gif

Im sure Rayne is glad!!

Cant wait to see updated pictures!
default_wink.png

OMG! I keep thinking she can't get any bigger.

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures. Been

following from the beginning, the excitement is building!

Can't be long now, how many times has that been said.
default_laugh.png

OMG! I keep thinking she can't get any bigger.

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures. Been

following from the beginning, the excitement is building!

Can't be long now, how many times has that been said.
default_laugh.png
Thankyou kindly for taking an interest (thats to every kind person thats posted with advive, pics, etc etc
default_aktion033.gif
).

I know, she is big, compare theres pics, compared to the other day, she's getting bigger, but no action yet!

1st Jan.

new_1stjan-08.jpg

26th Dec.

new_26thdec3.jpg

1st Jan.

new_1stjan08.jpg

26th Dec.

new_26thdec2.jpg

my vet always told me, if you touch the butt muscles of your mares, they should be pretty firm, but before she is going to foal , like about 18-24 hours, her butt muscles will turn to mush and her rear end will be super soft. good luck and I love watching this mare blossom....

my vet always told me, if you touch the butt muscles of your mares, they should be pretty firm, but before she is going to foal , like about 18-24 hours, her butt muscles will turn to mush and her rear end will be super soft. good luck and I love watching this mare blossom....
Thankyou.
default_saludando.gif

Her backside (around her tailhead) is extremely squishy.... been so for a week or 2, but other than that, nothing else has changed, except her tum, lol.

It deffanatly looks like the foal is shifting.

The day will come soon!
default_biggrin.png

My mares average about 330 to 335 days. Have had the Minis go as early as 310 and as late as 344.

I also have only had one or two Mini mares ever wax.... that seemed to only happen with the full sized mares too, so that is not an indication with these guys. I dont think any of them read any books on foaling and the rules, cause they make it up as they go along!!

I agree then, that she has at least a week, or 10 days to go.

I like the names - How about Wayting for Rayne for a different spelling? Spring Rayne, Summer Rayne, Rayne at Last, Rayne Storm....

Well we had a mare drop a healthy filly at 318 days this past year.. Looking at the pictures you just posted I'm not so sure that what is making her belly look super low is the foal, looks like she's getting some edema, which is understandable as I'm sure she doesn't move around a whole lot as big as she is! lol

I too was thinking edema. It will be making her look bigger than she really is. Although she is really big. I think I would take her for slow walks to help with the swelling. It would also help her in foaling.

Cheers everyone.
default_saludando.gif

I too was thinking edema. It will be making her look bigger than she really is. Although she is really big. I think I would take her for slow walks to help with the swelling. It would also help her in foaling.

She is reasonable active, maybe im a mean mum, but hay is in 1 corner of the paddock, water way up the other end (being summer & hot she moves from hay to water a bit), hardfeed (her bin) is in another corner, lol.... so she has to move about.

But when the other neddies hoon about, she has a trot-wobble about, lol, its rather a sight to see!
default_yes.gif

Well, i'll keep waiting patiently.
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back