Late November foal, or will she pop in Jan 2008??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had mares foal as early as 310 days! so she could very well go the first week of January, which is my bet! About the 7th is my guess!!

I would not say imminent but you just might have a baby that turns a yearling at 1 or 2 days old.

This mare is "down under" so I don't think that their foals are aged at the same time ours are.
default_smile.png
When do your foals turn a year old, technically, there?

I'm guessing that at the 312 days or so she's at now, she could easily foal at any time; most minis that I know of don't go the full 340 days that full-sized horses do.

This has been a very interesting thread to read, I love seeing the pictures so regularly of Rayne and how she's progressing. Fingers crossed for an easy and safe foaling for her, can't wait to see your foal!
default_smile.png

Just curious, What color was the stud she was bred too?
default_smile.png

OK I'll play, since I already said last week in Dec. , I'll take Dec 30th, seems they like to do it on Sunday when it's almost impossible to get a vet.
default_laugh.png

[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE] i say she foals on Dec 29!

She is making progress and it appears that the foal is moving into position. Have you noticed yet that from the back and front her sides are much less wide yet?

I would not say imminent but you just might have a baby that turns a yearling at 1 or 2 days old.
Hi there, thankyou.

Im in Australia, so our breeding season is different, bub wont be 1 till 1st August.
default_yes.gif

As for her sides, no not less wide atm, still very much round & big. I have a pic that'll i'll resize & put up.

Thanks.
default_saludando.gif

PaintNminis, nope, only with a stallion 2 days in Feb, 17th & 18th.
default_yes.gif

bjpurpura, im soo anxious & nervous & excited all rolled into 1, lol.....

Pinto28, the 1st stallion was a black tobiano at 31".

The 2nd stallion is black (highly possible smokey black, but not tested) & 32.5". He covered the mare for a 2005 filly foal, she was black tobiano.

No foal this morn, lol.

uh no Foal!

There was another tread that was really Funny she said her mare was changing

then less then an hour went by and she said it's a Filly Bye!

and then theres your mare lol She must REALLY like that Baby!

hahahah well you have certainly had plenty of time to stress over that baby coming into this world. :DOH! She is a BIG teaser isn't she lol
default_yes.gif

All you can do is WAIT!
default_yes.gif

Thats exactly right!

But.......................................

If Rayne is due the 26th Jan, she may not be the only one, lol.
default_wacko.png

My Welsh mare was served the 18th Feb (this year) but came up with a Neg preg test, that day she went out the farm with another of my mares, till Aug.

Bought them home late Aug, Sass come in season in Sept, hand served her..... didnt preg test this time, just had her run with the stallion till end of Nov. She never returned in season.

Well yesty i noticed while having her feet trimmed, she's bagging up & you can extract milk, not white coloured yet, but cloudy.

Not just that, but she's displaying extreme stallion behaviour to my Arab Pony filly thats in season. Sass is trying to mount her, squealing, doing everything a stallion does. Geez! :DOH!

Something i've never seen her do before.

So will contact my vet in the morning, get her out asap when she's in town next.

Find out wether the preg test in March was wrong... or whatnot.

Geez, if its not 1 thing, its another!

She's a maiden mare as well.

Sass's due date if the preg test was wrong, is 26th Jan, lol. Sheesh.
default_new_shocked.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
:DOH! :DOH! :DOH! :DOH!

default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Sorry it's no laughing matter I know, but just had to have a little grin!!

Good luck - maybe we are now on tenderhooks waiting for two instead of one!!

Anna

:DOH! :DOH! :DOH! :DOH!

default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

Sorry it's no laughing matter I know, but just had to have a little grin!!

Good luck - maybe we are now on tenderhooks waiting for two instead of one!!

Anna

Its funny, but its not, lol.
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png

Have my vet visiting on the 3rd (Thursday), so will know where we stand then.

But i've never dealt with a mare that is acting like a stallion & Sass is the most sweetest mare, normally.
default_wacko.png

Pics from today.

new_28thdec.jpg

new_28thdec1.jpg

Today.

[attachmentid=72]

This shot was on the 26th.

[attachmentid=73]

new_28thdec2.jpg

new_26thdec1.jpg

The mounting thing is kinda common. There was a thread on it not too long ago;search it!
default_wink.png

From the underside pics, it looks like shes gonna foal soon

Id say in the next 24/48 hrs.
default_wacko.png

Remember im no vet!
default_laugh.png

The mounting thing is kinda common. There was a thread on it not too long ago;search it!
default_wink.png

From the underside pics, it looks like shes gonna foal soon

Id say in the next 24/48 hrs.
default_wacko.png

Remember im no vet!
default_laugh.png

Thanks, i'll do a search.

How common is it though, Sass has never done that & she's been in with the same filly, in season & not.

Im utterly disgusted with her behaviour, lol....
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back