Laney (*filly* 4/10-Tinkerbelle) *New pics pg 187*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh brilliant - WELL DONE JAKE!!
default_firstprize.gif
:FirstPrize

I love what you have done with his mane, but couldn't quite see his tail - was that braided and tied somehow?

The girl who was riding him looks very nice too and he looks happy to have her on board. Roll on the next show!!
default_yes.gif

Thank you Anna
default_smile.png

The rider prepped him and did his mane and tail and she did a great job. His tail was braided at the top near his rump. I'll post a photo you can see it better in a bit.
default_smile.png

Thank you, ladies! I am so happy for him. He was so content and enjoyed himself.

Cassie- I am curious to see how shows are in your area! Do you have any videos or pictures you could share?

Here are a few videos of Jake being shown. He is in the Working Western Division.

[/media]

I have the cutest picture of Laney I need to load on my camera. I took it yesterday when she was resting
default_wub.png

Fuzzy Munchkin time!

Here is Laney from a few days ago. She doesn't do this often- I thought it was so cute
default_smile.png

minis-6151.jpg

minis-6157.jpg

And just before I was about to load the pictures on my computer I looked out the window and saw Ricochet and Tinkerbelle were doing the same!

minis-6188.jpg

minis-6197.jpg

congrats
default_smile.png
thats awesome
default_smile.png
well done Jake! so different to how we present and ride our horses here lol
default_smile.png
he looks awesome!
Not too different, but then I know quite a few western people so I'm used to the different presentation. Still love the english braids or better yet, the whole mane off hunter look ;)

Jake does his western look in style!

Thanks, ladies!

Look what I found on my youtube account
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!!

I've been sick with the flu for almost a week but finally feeling a bit better! I hope you, your families and all your furries are having a great Holiday season!

Merry Christmas to you and all of yours Megan - thanks for the good wishes, sorry you have been feeling ill.

All the best for the New Year too.
default_yes.gif

Thank you ladies!

It is so wet here, I honestly don't think I have ever seen this much standing water in the yard. I'm ready for it to be dry and gone!

We are moving Laney back in with Ricky and Tink today. Laney chewed on the side of the house (which is completely new for her) and we can't have that- so we decided to move her back a little early. We kept her and Tink apart for over 4 months (I think) to wean so we will see how things go. Hopefully no attempts at nursing. I don't think Laney is a fan of the mineral block I had for her so I'm getting her old kind back and hope it will help her not chew again.

We are starting to prep the house to get it ready to sell and have been talking about possibly moving at least Laney off our property. No plans for that yet. I wish I had mini friends who lived closer so I could send her off to play with them!

I hope everyone is doing well over this holiday season.
default_smile.png
So excited foaling season will start soon. I want to see some more babies!

oooo, Jess! Laney would look so good with your bunch! You're on the top of my Mare Sitting list
default_yes.gif

Diane- I do think you are right and she is needing something. Very unlike her to chew! We had 2 small blocks in her pen and her old big one with Ricky and Tink. I would see her licking the big one all the time when she was housed with it, but I rarely ever see her with the small ones. Ricky and Tink love the big one too so we will stick with those.

I am so sick of mud! I feel horrible because sections of their pen are so sloshy. We are setting up some new stall mats because even the stalls are wet at the moment. The ground sucked in all the water from around the shelter
default_sad.png

Oh Megan I know just how you feel about the mud..feels like its been raining for months here the ground is so wet i nearly lose the pigs every time they set a trotter outside!!...its just awful..will be so nice to see the sun again when it finally breaks through..i started to keep the ponies in to keep them dry but they prefere to be out and enjoy a good old gallop and a roll in the mud...hope your feeling better soon
default_yes.gif

Linda! Its been a while! Glad to see you around
default_smile.png
The mud is finally dried! So glad because I hate seeing it and cleaning it off the horses and our shoes.

Poor Ricochet got hurt
default_sad.png
He somehow injured his eye. The vet came out yesterday and she thinks he may have hit it on something, or scratched it and it damaged his cornea. At first I thought maybe he got something in it (it was crusted a bit) but then I saw his eye was cloudy and called the vet right away. Can't take any chances with eye injuries
default_no.gif

Here is his eye before and after I cleaned it with some saline.

rickyeye1_zps41d95d53.jpg

rickyeye2_zps35a01355.jpg
]

He has two different eye creams I put in throughout the day and also some banamine for pain. The vet will be back on Friday to check him and make sure it is healing well. So far today he does not look any worse then last night and did not have any new crusting or squinting so it looks pretty good. I hate to see him hurt though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no poor boy!!..he doesnt look too happy..i hope it isnt too serious and it recovers quickly..all the very best xxx

Hello, again
default_smile.png

Ricky's eye healed back so quickly- it went so well. Expensive little treatment but it worked wonders.

Now I am just waiting for the weather to get warm enough and STAY warm enough for some clipping. Tinkerbelle is SO fluffy she looks like a mini donkey in the face. I can't wait to get that fur off and see what she really looks like. She will be 1 on April 10th, and Ricky will be 2 in mid May.

They are doing GREAT. Laney enjoys being boss mare and has really gotten pretty friendly. We think she may be enjoying a year not being pregnant lol.

Here are the chips from this weekend:

RickTinkLaney_zpsc21129fe.jpg

and Ricky let's his little girl sit on his back for a bit these days

CheyRicky_zpsd074b16a.jpg

We were able to get fill dirt and raise the ground in their small pen so its NOT muddy anymore! SO much nicer then before. We do plan on moving very soon now. Getting the last things done to the house and hope to be out this summer because we want my kids out of the schools that they are assigned to right now. Not happy with where my son is suppose to go to middle school next year and I was denied transfer after LAST YEAR he was transferred into an elementary school that fed into super nice schools- but they felt like taking that away and reassigning him to the not so nice ones. I am praying things will work our and we will be moved in time to get him into a different school this fall!

More news- we sold our lovely Jake (our QH) to the girl who rides him. She plans on continuing to show him and got him into an excellent boarding facility with nice riding areas. He will be so happy I know- they are a great team and we will see him often
default_smile.png
We were not experienced enough to be able to ride him as well as she does and thought it was best for everyone for her to call him her own.

Latest posts

Back