Laney (*filly* 4/10-Tinkerbelle) *New pics pg 187*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just love all of it hehe wow Tink is so big <3 gorgeous girl! can we see some pics of the lovely Laney please?
default_smile.png

hope you get everything sorted and you are able to find a suitable car and eventually suitable place
default_smile.png

I SWEAR I posted in here to respond to all the lovely comments! I must have only thought I did (or clicked 'x' instead of post.. I do that sometimes *blushes*)

Thank you all! I am so happy with my little herd. And we have great news.. we have a truck now to haul our trailer!! (yes we got the trailer before the truck lol)

My hubby altered our horse trailer to haul both our QH and minis comfortably. I am so lucky he is handy with so many things. He can weld and he was able to duplicate the hinges of our breast boards and we can now move them down on each stall to be just the right height for the minis, or move them to the higher hinges and have them for a larger horse. I will have to go take some photos for you all to see.

Our QH, Jake, is going to the first show he has been to since we owned him in a few weeks. We are so excited!

Once spring comes around we will be getting Ricky and Tinkerbelle out to the local shows, FINALLY! I love seeing photos of Cassie and Suzie at shows and I am working with mine now to get them ready. I took them off pasture (ours is dead and bare already this year) and they are on grain and hay only right now. Their bodies are looking much better and do not bloat now they aren't on grass. It's a huge difference really!

Tink chewed Ricky's tail a few months back so I hope it grows a good bit before next years shows so I can show him too. If I haven't posted pics of the damage she did on his beautiful tail I will do that too later today
default_smile.png
And I'll try to get some shots of all of them too. They are already so furry!

Pictures!

First, as requested- Laney:

Laney-4792.jpg

Tinkerbelle:

Tinker-4532.jpg

Ricochet:

Ricochet-4516.jpg

Ricochet-4510.jpg

Ricochet-4596.jpg

Did you see how sparse his tail is at the end?
default_frusty.gif

More to follow..

Now- the new adjustments to the trailer:

trailer-4622.jpg

The breast boards are down at mini height in these! They just have to be unlocked and the pin taken out to move them back up for large horse height.

It's occupants!

trailer-4676.jpg

trailer-4666.jpg

trailer-4744.jpg

And of course a reward for their protested cooperation:

Ricochet-4608.jpg

Oh WOW!! They all look absolutely great Megan!! Great to hear from you again and thanks for all the updated news!!

I know that Tink and Ricky are very special furkids, but my favourite is still Laney - she's such a lovely lady in my eyes.
default_yes.gif

Good luck with Jake at the show - dont forget the camera!!

Give them a snuggle for me!!! They look great!

With the tail... you will hate this but trust me, I'm a pro
default_yes.gif
Cut it!

Cut right above where it starts to look straggly, yes this will make it very short and barely half way down his leg but I promise it will grow out and will look much nicer.

I can't remember which nutrient is good for hair growth, I'll let you know if I remember.

LOL!! Bree I was going to say exactly the same thing but thought I might need to wear a flame suit for a while!! Yep, cut it - it will grow again more quickly for some reason!

LOL!! Bree I was going to say exactly the same thing but thought I might need to wear a flame suit for a while!! Yep, cut it - it will grow again more quickly for some reason!
They do! A lot of PRE breeders hog the manes and cut short the tails sometimes until they are 2 and look at the manes they have!

Thanks ladies!

I figured I would be better off to just cut it and that makes sense. No need for a flame suit
default_thumbup.gif
I want it to grow back faster so best be getting out the shears
default_smile.png

I will definitely be taking my camera to the show in a few weeks too!
default_wink.png

Hey sorry to hijack your thread of gorgeous minis but your question about an uneven tail got me wondering if that tail cutting technique could work for this girl? Her tail is quite thick at the top and by half way it starts to thin till its about a few hairs at the bottom. I thought i might've been due to previous tail rubbing but it hasn't grown in the 8 mths that i've had her. Would a trim work with her as well?

DSC_0075.JPG

As Diane says, with the 'spotties' thin mares and tails are frequently a 'problem'. I would trim hers to upper fetlock level just to keep it lookng tidy.
default_yes.gif

Yup, I think you're doomed there. I mostly leave the appies alone, they tend to fail in the hair department
default_new_rofl.gif

Her mane is so different, so thick. Well her big spots are near her butt so maybe the appy juice is more concentrated that end
default_new_rofl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
countrymini- my Laney has a horribly thin mane and a nicer tail, but still thin. Her filly, Tinkerbelle, looks like she has a really thick mane but we will see how she grows. Her spots are on her hind end too, and it doesn't look like her tail is as thick as my gelding's was at her age (he has no appy in him at all).

Maybe Tinkerbelle was jealous of Ricky's hair and thought she could take some for her own? lol

Diane- I will definitely be bringing the camera to the show! I won't be showing this time and intend to get both video and pictures and will share them. Only about 2 weeks away so I am excited to see how it goes.

I was doing some research on my QH's sire and grandsire and had didn't realize how high quality and well known they were. We are so lucky to have scooped Jake up when we had the chance. His grandsire has a Breyer's figure which I want to look for now- and both of them did excellent showing/breeding and were World Champions. We are talking about getting him some refresher training since he comes from such a nice show/blood line.

Thanks Megan
default_smile.png
Suzie is finished with showing now until the Royal easter show so I will surely get jealous of your pics soon! (unless I decide to take Penny or Finn out hmmm lol)

We're counting on you to remember the camera.......not like "someone else" here that we have to keep sending messages to !!
default_whistling.gif
Hey, I remembered the last three times! (its just the 2nd time the person who was taking photos didn't get any! )
default_thud.gif

good luck with the show Megan ;) I'm sure Jake would do great! I always wanted to show Smartie, but he is a bit too old for that now...
default_sad.png

I'll have to let you know how I got with the new mane and tail stuff I just got for Smartie's mane
default_smile.png
its called MTG I have only used it the once so far, and I think I can see a difference already
default_smile.png
(you apply it once a week)

you can see how his mane looks now from this pic... IMG_2453.JPG hoping to see a big difference in a little while
default_smile.png

I have heard really good stuff about MTG so hoping for some good results, like you guys, I like all my horses to have lovely long thick mane and tails
default_smile.png

Thanks for asking Anna! And thanks for the luck Cassie! You must have given it to him!

Jake did AWESOME! With minimal practice he placed 1st in all of his classes the first day! I was almost in tears. At first his rider was only going to sign up for one class to see how he would do, but then decided to sign up for several and the second day as well. We did not know what to expect from him there so we brought him the day before so she could school him. He really was in his element at the show from being stalled to performing in the arenas- it was obvious he had done it all before. He was entered into Working Western classes, and it was obvious the judge the second day favored the Western Pleasure horses (which wasn't the fairest but thats just how it happens sometime) but Jake still got a second and 8th so he did really well.

We don't have show tack- his saddle and bridle didn't match and the pad wasn't the nicest but that will all change since he seems to really like the showing and we're definitely going to do it again. The girl that rides him is super nice and a great rider. She wants us to get up there and show and is going to help us get ready for it.
default_smile.png

Pictures :D

show-5454.jpg

show-5569.jpg

show-5641.jpg

More to follow...

show-5685.jpg

show-5710.jpg

show-5941.jpg

show-6097.jpg

I hope everyone is well! I need to look around and catch up
default_smile.png