Laney (*filly* 4/10-Tinkerbelle) *New pics pg 187*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh Cassie I hope you gave Penny lots of kisses for her Aunties, please keep us updated on her babysitting adventure
default_smile.png

I did she was such a good girl
default_smile.png

I'm going to visit her maybe tomorrow night n take her some licorice
default_smile.png
it's her favorite if cameon will let me I'll take some piccies n show you all he didnt msg me like he said he would so tomorrow I'll msg him n make sure that everything is ok.

Morning Megan when you wake
default_smile.png
I hope laney has done some more filling overnight tomorrow is the 27th!! :D

Morning/Night everyone
default_saludando.gif

Laney's udder looks about the same this morning. Filled only a tiny bit more. She seems to have done a lot of filling during the day so we will see how she does today and overnight tonight.

It seems like it rained more last night? I thought it had all passed but NOW the weather report is saying it has all passed and the sun is out and will hopefully dry up the paddocks these next 2 days.

I hope Penny does well! If you get any pics of her over there please post them!

Laney's udder went down a little bit during the day. Not very much but I could tell a little. She stood crazy so I won't post the pics. I am beginning to think she may have more time then I thought.. but we will see how she keeps going.

I called the vet about her bloody show.. this past week she has had it almost every night and I have read the mares go within a week or so once you start to see it but since her udder isn't full I wanted to call and see what they say. I have to wait until tomorrow to talk to her. I also emailed the breeders to see if they have seen this before. I'll let you all know what everyone says. I really think it is just she is getting close but was asking just incase.

Do they give pregnant mares rabies? I don't think they do but I am not sure. Both Ricky and Laney need their rabies so I am hoping Laney foals and then I can have the vet out to geld Ricky and give them both their rabies shots.

Can't really help with rabies shots sorry Megan lol

But I agree think she will wait a few more days lol maybe an April fools baby lol
default_smile.png
but dnt worry we will be watching her still.

7:40pm n she is eating her hay
default_smile.png

I totally forgot I had asked about the rabies Cassie and when I read your post I wondered how in the world you knew I had questions about rabies LOL

I do think she will wait a bit longer but also wouldn't be surprised if she popped when we didn't think she was 'ready'. Next time around I will have a good idea how she preps for foaling. I am not going to breed her this year.. but would love to breed her down the road.. and I am thinking 'SPOTS'
default_thumbup.gif
(Diane will be proud)

Ok so I lied.. she DID fill more today. She must have been standing odd this afternoon or she filled a really good amount in 4 hours.

This morning:

DSCN1097.jpg

DSCN1098.jpg

and tonight at 9pm

DSCN1122-2.jpg

DSCN1127-2.jpg

You can tell tonight they are really starting to separate.

I was also able to milk her and she gave me more then she ever has before. She is still steadily progressing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes.. duh!
default_doh.gif
I forgot to post. (I forget too much the past few weeks!) Thanks Hazel! I was able to get enough milk to test and the test came out in the non foaling range (a little under 40%) on the Mother Nature's foaling strips (85-95% is foaling range and 10-40% is non foaling.)

Melinda (from Maple Hollow) used these strips today and she had a foal within less then 12 hours when the milk tested 85%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, that kind of gives you peace of mind. Hopefully one of these days I'll get to use my strips. I know you still don't just say well not tonight, but it does give you a better idea when they are getting closer.

Yea I like having these strips. I still am not good at telling the color of the milk.. it looked white and cloudy and it wasn't watery for sure it took a while to slide down the side of the cup.

I am going to bed. She seems quiet. Whoa I need to go refill some hay I see on cam one feeder is almost empty.

Night night/ Good day everyone!
default_yes.gif

2.10am she is stood outside resting. great progress on her shopping bag
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back