I guess we're famous now

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph_D

Reaction score
Thanks to Ashley for letting me know about this (link). Faith is on Fugly Horse Of The Day and I couldn't be more angry. This person did not take the time to get the story on her. I'm not sure where they got the picture from (I've posted it here several times so could've been from anywhere). Maybe someone sent it to them. I don't know and don't care, it just bothers me to no end that someone was claiming that me or my family was not taking care of our horses. A few people had already stood up and posted that Faith was a rescue, but I posted a short version of her story and a link to a newer picture. Hopefully that'll be posted as well. :eek: :eek:

:no: :no: :no: So Sorry :no: :no: :no: BUT at least Faith isn't like that anymore
default_wub.png
: .

Sorry you have to go through this
default_sad.png

Ashley

All I can say is I would be FUMING MAD! That blog is a bane on the rights of permission and privacy. I wish the author would get the darn facts straight before he/she decided to post pictures of a horse he/she obviously knows nothing about. My two big horses were no prizes when I first had them given to me, but that has changed now, and if I caught someone using a photograph of before the fact I would be raising some heck.

Steph, I would go after that so called blogger and let your feelings be known that posting that photo for the 'amusement' of others without permission is unacceptable .

Steph --

That really upsets me to see Faith on that site. I sent an email just now, as if what I think of the situation could matter. I wanted to cc it to you but didn't know your email.

At least many of us here know how much you have helped Faith, who is BEAUTIFUL, and so lucky to have found her family in you and yours...

Jill

---

I see pictured on your site a "fugly" thin horse who goes by the name Faith. That horse was rescued by a very loving family. If they are only claiming to have rescued this horse, then they've been claiming it for many months to include progress reports and pictures of how this horse has come from the condition she was in when rescued, into a beautiful and very loved pony. It's just really something to see this horse I have been following and thinking of for so long, and felt so happy for the horse that she found her family, pictured in a cruel way. It's really hard for me to understand the "why" of her inclusion on your page.

It looks like they have already added on something about her being rescued by a family. I'm glad they did respond in that way. However, posting someone's picture without permission is illegal. They should not be doing this. :no:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....This just tweaked me! SO...I joined and commented. How DARE she!? :new_shocked: I hope you will get an apology, how totally uncalled for and just doggone cruel. You give sweet Faith a kiss from Aunt Debs! Sheesh!!!

Thanks y'all. I was so mad I couldn't even see straight, literally!! I couldn't believe that someone would post a picture of Faith without the whole story. And then, on the blog, people were putting US down for her condition. Man, I wish I could post pictures on the blog. I've already posted 2 comments on there so hopefully people will read that and think before they post.

Now one thing that I do have to agree with is that Faith WAS underweight and wormy. That was the same day that we got her and she's MUCH better now. I do have to say, I'll be VERY careful and give it much more thought when posting pictures from now on
default_yes.gif
:

YIKES! Who's website is that?

I never heard of it before......it's not very nice or necessary

EDITED: ok i went back and read some of the stuff and this one completely has me freaking out........are they serious? Is this horse going to be eaten by tigers or is it a sick hoax?

25 yo mare needs retirement home NOW!

Reply to: [email protected]: 2007-07-30, 10:45AM PDT FREE!!! My mare needs somewhere to go where she can retire! She is registered, so you could try to breed her, but no guarantees that she will take with her age. If I had a big pasture to put her out on, I would keep her, but I dont.. and I dont wanna feed her through the winter.. I have too many young horses who need the extra feed. I am donating her to the local Tiger Park if no one comes to get her by the weekend. Shes a sweet mare, and I dont wanna do that.. but I dont really have a choice! Thanks! SHE IS FREE!

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted a comment and have asked them to at least update with the after picture that you gave them. Maybe people wouldn't jump to conclusions then.

Steph I did try to tone it down- I did point out that the people who owned "the chestnut" would likely see it.

I would not however hold your breathe waiting for an apology- what FHOD says is true, she does not hijack these pictures she jsut picks them up off the Internet.

Hopefully people will get the message otherwise I shall just keep on posting the facts after EVERY entry- believe me being in a different time zone really pays off sometimes- I can keep going all night- if a couple of people would care to join me now and then we can push our point home far better than if I am alone.

Anyone??

Marty- what you doing for the next few hours??

I can pick up first thing in the morning- before any of you lot are awake
default_rolleyes.gif
:

As an example of a badly treated, wormy horse, Faith is ideal, but, as I have just pointed out, it does look as if she is being offered for sale, like the fat mare- I think a better explanation, at the least, is in order.

Thanks y'all. Rabbit, you actually made me giggle and helped to calm me down a bit. Yep, it's all fun and games until it's your own horse. I thought this site was only for horses being advertised for sale. Since we've had Faith she's NEVER been for sale. And if we ever find ourselves in a position where we need to find her a new home, there's a waiting list. Faith is the sweetest mare that anyone could ever come across. Her only vice is slight food aggression which is VERY understandable.

I've now made my photobucket album private and may never post another picture online. It's just not worth this mess. I never in my wildest dreams thought that anyone would take her "before" picture and turn it into this. Next thing I know, people will be posting bad things about Highway or any of my other animals, or my kids for that matter. We've done the best we could with what we have here and you all have been very kind to us
default_wub.png
:

this is outrageous! if i was you i would demand that she take it off. you have a copyright to the picture and even on the net she cannot use it without your permission. I had a bad feeling about this site when it was first posted on the main board. It does not seem to me that it is used to educate as much as it is used to belittle people. im so upset! we all know how hard you have worked getting her back in shape. maybe the owner of the site should take care of some rescues instead of assuming the worst about people and posting pictures she has no right to

Steph....I'm really sorry this has happened to you. We all know the care and love you've given Faith. Please don't let those idiots make you feel bad. You're doing the best you can and doing a wonderful job with Faith.
default_wub.png
:

This is my first time on the fugly site. WOW!! Talk about offensive material. Who are these people who think they know it all? Amazing!!!

Shrug it off Stephie. We know what you have been thru and gone without to help this young lady. I said all I plan to say to this obviously younger and very arrogant person. Oh...watch for the day when things get tuff for her and she has to decide what to spend her $20 on. BTW I could use a new pic of our girl, privately if you prefer.

I AM FURIOUS!!!!! OUTRAGED AND UTTERLY APPAULED!!!

I just saw this and wen to "that" site, I've never seen it before and when I read their "critique" of her CURRENT HOME CAREGIVERS... I'm sorry... I AM BEYOND ANGRY!!!!

Poor little thing. I am editing (yet again) to add that I have received information claiming the person in the picture is part of the family which rescued the filly. So my initial reaction was, yay, she is saved. However, they went on to comment that after buying the filly from the first irresponsible person, they had $20 left in the bank. And that they cannot afford to buy a saddle. And they do not have any plans to break her to ride. So, all in all, it sure looks to me like she went from irresponsible person #1 to irresponsible person #2. But that is okay, I am sure when she is a 10 year old unbroke mare, someone will want to breed her because she is a SABINO! (entire blog's point...brilliantly illustrated in this simple example)...*sigh*
HOW DARE THEY SAY SUCH INFLAMMATORY COMMENTS!!!!! Is there ANYONE who can help Steph with this???

THIS HAS GOT TO BE OVER THE LINE!!!! BY A LONG SHOT!!!!!

Well, I've got to admit that I'm in tears over this "person". For anyone to say that I'm an irresponsible horse (or any animal) owner, I'm at a loss for words. I'm done trying to defend myself. I've made my photobucket album private and am now going through the album deleting pictures. I'm also going through all of my posts here on LB and deleting as fast as I can. I guess, according to these people, I should've just left Faith in the situation that she was in and waited for the worthless sheriff or ASPCA to do something about it. She would've been dead by then.

And for anyone reading this that might think wrong of me without the guts to comment, yes, I have things. There are very few things in this house that are just for "me" and I cherish those things. I buy "my" things with the pocket change that my husband brings home. When the family can afford a saddle (I honestly believe food and vet care comes first before tack, but what do I know?), we will get one. But I refuse to take money out of my kid's or animal's mouths to buy trivial stuff like tack. Oh, Faith and Moony got new halters and lead ropes a few weeks ago, although they didn't really need them. My kids bought those with their summer school money. People have bought/sent things for Faith (and Highway) but I never ONCE asked for anything other than advice and I never will.

Steph,

LITTLE DO THEY KNOW...!!!!!

That Faith not only has YOU and YOUR FAMILY as her PRIMARY CARE GIVING FAMILY, but THE ENTIRE LB FORUM FAMILY IS RIGHT THERE WITH YOU...

That makes Faith, THE MOST CARED FOR ANIMAL IN AMERICA!!!! Gosh...this is THE LB....so make that THE MOST CARED FOR ANIMAL INTERNATIONALLY !!!!

Your love for her, and your daughter's love her is all she needs EMOTIONALLY, and anything beyond that, HER EVERY NEED SHALL BE MET!!!!

I'm going to get eaten Alive for what I am about to say, and I know it.

That's okay though. I love the LB And the Fugly site, I do read both almost every day and laugh like crazy.

I've submitted All of my own Very fugly horses and poor crosses for her to tear apart there-

I'm not saying what she is doing is right, or good or correct, but it Does educate. She pulls the pic's from everywhere, and is an Equal Oppurtunity Offender. After doing rescue for years, I have about the same attitude as she does, though would most likely Not express it as harshly.

I wouldn't have told her that you had such limited funds, I wouldn't have mentioned Anything asides the mare's story, this just gave her more fodder. From someone who does Not know how much time and work you have put into this mare, it sounds Bad. If I didn't know the story, I hate to say it, but I'd have a raised eyebrow as well.

I'm going on there now to join the crowd telling the real story, but when you first posted your story on this mare and your financial situation forever ago, I have to admit I was concerned in the back of my head. I am sorry if that makes me a crap person, but it's true.

There's a far cry of difference between being "humorously offensive" and outright blatent defamation of character!!!!

Spotted Pony Girl, I believe in being honest. If that's a fault then so be it. I wasn't lying when I told her that it left us with so little. It did and I was proud to do it. Pay day was coming up soon and all the bills were paid. I bought hay and grain on the way home from picking her up. We have never went hungry because of the animals and the animals have never went hungry because of us. When my husband was on chemotherapy and money was very scarce (on food stamps and all kinds of fun stuff that we stopped as soon as he got back to work), my dogs ate chicken because we had more food stamps than we did cash. I'm not bragging or begging and I never have. Animals, especially rescues, always seem to come along when cash is the shortest. But I have always managed to scrape up some pocket change or whatever it takes to get them the best that I can. It may not always be the best possible, but it's the best that I can afford and that's more than some get.

Now, as far as riding or driving goes. I don't really see the point in it here. I live right on the highway and don't have much land. I don't have anywhere to ride or drive so it's not very important to me. What may be priority to some may not be for others. It's not right to "bash" them for that.

Latest posts

Back