closings are now official scheduled

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
We close on the sale of our house on the 5th and on the purchase of our new house on the 8th. OMG it is all happening so quickly. We've sold 6 miatas, our 1960 Lincoln, a truck, and enough car parts to fill a trailer or two. I've been de-stashing like crazy. We'll move our pictures, my good china, my chicken collection and our clothes. Then we have movers hired to move all the big stuff that we don't want to lift. The biggest hurdle is that the houses are 5 hours apart so you can only really make one or two trips a week. Otherwise it's too tiring for the both of us.

My insurance company is still denying my claim for an MRI so I still don't know if my cancer has returned. I've filed an appeal but I am not hopeful. I figure I'll just go ahead and move and let the dust settle and then start all over again with a new doctor/hospital/oncologist. I've had two mammograms this month, one was a routine screening mammogram and the second was a diagnostic one. I'll probably have to pay for the second one. Both times the radiologist saw calcifications and recommended an MRI. But a clerk at the insurance company obviously knows better. Sigh.

The important thing is that hubby and I will have some quality time together without the constant struggle to keep up all this land. The horses get to stay at their home, together as a family. They probably won't even notice I'm gone as long as someone is giving them treats. LOL We may even get to start taking day trips and getting out. How nice will that be? I'm looking forward to it. And there are two enormous porches for me to sit in the shade and quilt when the weather is nice. I'm going to buy some new rockers with cushions and just enjoy sit and watch the world go by.

Great news! Wishing you many happy years in your new home. Keep us updated with pics when settled. Lexington has much to offer, we only get there about 1-2 times a year to go to the Horse Park, but love it.

I am so happy to hear that things are falling in place for you!! I know it's a big load off your mind that you didn't have to break up and re-home your babies, it's so wonderful that someone wanted to keep them there. I continue to keep you in my prayers. {{{{{big hugs}}}}}

Dear Shelley,

So relieved to hear your good news!!! We've had your family on our prayer list at work (so an *organized* prayer) plus my informal prayers whenever the spirit moves me. We'll add some celebratory prayers now and ones for smooth closing and resolution of insurance issues.

My very best friend here is 2 1/2 clear after breast cancer treatment. I asked her about calcification, and she told me that it's quite common and usually not a problem. (She had both breasts and some lymph nodes removed.) Her opinion is that keeping the great mental and spiritual demeanor you have is ABSOLUTELY your best weapon. That even allows for an all-out "cry fest" at least once a week to keep the your emotions at the level where your most comfortable. *Big grin*

I don't login too frequently since my phone is my primary 'net access. I just wanted you to know that a friend you've never met in person, yet who admires you and your husband tremendously, was praying for you both, cheering for you both, and supporting you both with her heart.

I look forward to a "things went so smoothly!!" update in a couple of weeks. I'll pray that it also includes something to the effect that a new environment, where he doesn't feel the mental stress he may have subconsciously put himself under for not being able to do the things he "should", will bring positive things to your husband as well. (Gaah...I can hear my English teacher's red pen scratching "run on sentence".....gaah!!)

Anyway, we'll do the happy dance later today when I update everyone at work.

YOU GO GIRL!!

Your friend Julie in NC

Ohhhh!!!! *praying, praying, praying*

I know it's only Sunday.....how did closings go??

I'm really hoping that everything went smoothly. You have the keys to your NEW place and they are happy with their new home, new equine family and are quickly learning to avoid Evil Ricky. *smile*

I'm ready to do the Happy Dance Shelley, just tell me when!

Well, things on the closing didn't go as smoothly as planned. We sold here just fine. But the closing on the place we were going to buy in Olive Hill, KY didn't take place. With the threat of having my breast cancer returning, I decided I needed to stay closer to my church family just in case I needed help. Hubby and I found a place only 2 hours away so I think it will work better (in case we need our support network). We close this Thursday, the 13th. Yikes. The present owners can vacate the following day so we can start moving small things this weekend. Our movers arrive on Monday, the 17th and supposedly our big stuff will arrive the following day.

I really liked the first place, but that was before I had the results from my mammogram. Since we have no family nearby, I think it best we stay near to our "comfort" zone where we have a support network, if needed.

The new place is on about 2 1/2 acres and half of that is dense woods. It's on a long street that ends in a cul-de-sac so there isn't a lot of traffic. It's a really nice double wide with two, yes I'll say that again, two pantries. What?? Who wouldn't like that? They really upgraded to granite countertops and nice carpet and it's only two years old. I figure just about the time this house is wearing out, we will too. LOL The only thing it lacks is a garage but I am already having someone come out next week to give me an estimate on adding one. You can look at it, the address is: 107 Longview Court Glasgow, KY What we need now is less maintenance and I think this is going to fit the bill.

I've been loving on the horses a lot and they know something is up. Usually they could take me or leave me but they all come up for hugs and scratches now. (Of course it could be the treats, you never know). LOL Or maybe it's just that I'm spending extra time scratching them and talking to them and they are responding.

Tomorrow we have the day off - taking a friend out to lunch before we leave. Thursday we go to Glasgow and visit with all the companies to get everything switched to our names, you know, power, water, phone, all that stuff. Then we close at 1:30. We'll bring a load of hanging clothes because it just seems silly to drive with an empty car. They have emptied a closet for us to use. Then the real work of moving begins. My house looks so bad with no pictures on the wall and stuff missing. We've been busy packing.

That's the latest, I'm hoping nothing else changes.

Dancing dancing dancing!! *insert dancing banana emoticon here*

Thank you for taking the time to update us. I very much appreciate it. I always look forward to your posts. Between your wry sense of humor and your faith, they always make me smile.

What a blessing it must have felt to quickly find a place closer to your church family and support system. Two and a half acres is a good size....enough to play in but not overwhelming. Is the wooded are hardwoods or pine? Since it's on a cul de sac, do you have close neighbors?

Enjoy lunch with friends, and remember that you have a spiritual support system here too.

We know you'll be busy 'til next week. Here's hoping your movers are NOT "strong like bull, smart like tree" and that they'll handle your things carefully.

Give yourself and your husband a hug!

Latest posts

Back