I guess we're famous now

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see defamation of character anywhere, and am intimatly aware of the term. All she has said that seems to be Really nasty were things steph had Told her herself. (Re: Bank Account info etc)

After reading all the comments, it looked like everyone was playing nice about the fact that it was a rescue until the rest of the information came in via Steph. EDITED OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Just know that you are doing a good job, your mare's pic is a Great Before shot for others to learn from, and you Know what you are and what you've got going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
i find this quite disturbing.

"littlebayroan said... You don't need tack to teach a horse the basics. It would be easy enough to break/train the filly with a home-made girth strap (use a strip of bedsheet...put a folded towel on her back, tie it on with the sheet) - and RIDE HER. Adding a saddle later is just a tool. NH is so "in" - use your halter and lead rope, teach her to stop and turn and back - if she'll go in a halter, she'll go in a hack or bosal, too. No saddle is no excuse for not teaching her the basics from the ground OR her back.

And there are plenty of mini's out there that DO learn to pull a cart or pack a little kid around - the rest are the spoiled brat backyard bred ones that de-value that market. "
so if my horse can't drive, and lives in my backyard, he's worthless? oh thanks for letting me know, let me sell my whole herd of worthless brats!!! GARRGGHHHH i'd love to wring this person's neck. :nono: :ugh: :new_argue: :new_2gunsfiring_v1:
default_frusty.gif
: :new_let_it_all_out:

My question is, you did NOT give her permission to post that picture, correct? If not, Copyright Infringement. I would email/post telling her she must take that picture down immediately, if she does not, contact an attorney.

I don't see defamation of character anywhere, and am intimatly aware of the term. All she has said that seems to be Really nasty were things steph had Told her herself. (Re: Bank Account info etc)

After reading all the comments, it looked like everyone was playing nice about the fact that it was a rescue until the rest of the information came in via Steph. EDITED OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Just know that you are doing a good job, your mare's pic is a Great Before shot for others to learn from, and you Know what you are and what you've got going on.
Hi Spotted, with all respect (because I have always held high regard for you too
default_wub.png
: ) Steph only made statements in her defense, regrettably without the format to fully divulge every moment of the entire situation for Faith, as well as for her family. This person (and many "commentors" of the blog, btw, I find it extremely IRONIC that someone calling themselves "horsepoor" can be so "dictative of appropriate standard") took it upon themselves to draw the conclusion of her "CHARACTER" as "irresponsible person #2", based solely upon a few statements, WITHOUT even the slightest consideration of further inquisition into the whole aspect of basis. That to me, is nothing short of "defamation of character", no matter it's degree, it is still the act. And trust me, I am intimately familiar with the term as well...
default_rolleyes.gif
:

But...as you very kindly stated...it's pointless to argue the point over the internet... so no need to even press on with it "over the internet". At least no further on my part...
default_wacko.png
:

EDITED: Sheryl...Steph has made that request... it was promptly DENIED.

You know, I dont think that is very nice at all. And to do it without permission too just doesnt seem right. WHERE in the world did she get the pics??!! I would ask her nicely to remove it as that just doesnt seem fair.

Just edited to note that though some of the comments on the Fugly site are amusing, it seems sad that someone has a site and life devoted to finding the negative and crappy things to report. I wonder what this person is really like? Perhaps has to devote to the site because she has no friends??

Too bad she doesnt have a site showing the rescues at first and then later, when they have bloomed, rather than just stuff that she makes fun of all the time. That is pretty mean and sick in my opinion.

[SIZE=14pt]someone posted about this site not to long ago and some commented on what a great site it was
default_sad.png
, i did not comment then but wanted too. i found it offensive then and still do. maybe it is o.k. and funny to some until "they" turn on you and you can see how twisted it is...so sorry this has happened to you and Faith...people should really find more productive things to do :no: . Nikki
[/SIZE]

I wouldn't know the first thing to do as far as contacting an attorney. I've spent the last few hours deleting pics off of photobucket and here on LB as well. I'm crying the whole time. I have all of these pictures on disk but I feel like I'm deleting my life. I just can't understand how someone can be so cruel and think it's fun. This one person, in her single act of selfishness and "just for fun" has turned my whole life upside down. My daughter saw what was written (while I was out of the room for a minute) and asked how anyone could write those things about us. I just said that some people have to get their kicks from degrading other people. I'm just about done with the internet all together. For a lot of years, the internet and this board in particular has brought so much joy to my life. This one act just about makes up for it all. I'm finding out that most people are cruel and heartless. If this person knew just what this has done to my family, maybe she'd rethink what she's doing.

I doubt it :no:

That makes me so mad. My brother resuced a horse that was going to the sloughter house and someone called the twp. I am glad people were concerned but they should have gotten the facts first. In your case people are just being plain old mean
default_yes.gif
:

Steph here is a copy of a cease and desist letter. I would send it registered mail and keep a copy. If she still refuses I would get a lawyer and file against her. Its not right to steal someones photograph and use it and especially to use it in a negative way. This happened to me a couple years ago with art work and the cease and desist letter did the trick. Substitue "works" with photograph. Also since there is a minor in the picture it becomes even more important that she take it down when you asked her. I would also do a page print of her site showing the comments made etc.

Im so mad!

Dear [name]:

It has come to my attention that you have made an unauthorized use of my copyrighted work entitled [name of work] (the "Work") in the preparation of a work derived therefrom. I have reserved all rights in the Work, first published in [date], [and have registered copyright therein]. Your work entitled [name of infringing work] is essentially identical to the Work and clearly used the Work as its basis. [Give a few examples that illustrate direct copying.]

As you neither asked for nor received permission to use the Work as the basis for [name of infringing work] nor to make or distribute copies, including electronic copies, of same, I believe you have willfully infringed my rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as high as $150,000 as set forth in Section 504©(2) therein.

I demand that you immediately cease the use and distribution of all infringing works derived from the Work, and all copies, including electronic copies, of same, that you deliver to me, if applicable, all unused, undistributed copies of same, or destroy such copies immediately and that you desist from this or any other infringement of my rights in the future. If I have not received an affirmative response from you by [date give them about 2 weeks] indicating that you have fully complied with these requirements, I shall take further action against you.

Very truly yours,

Last edited:
I am going to wear a flame suit like spotted pony girl....

While I understand your being upset.. I can say that I can think of posts right here on this forum and right off the top of my head where "regulars" have said equally mean and nasty things about other "regulars or newbies" and have said even worse.

I have seen threads where people are told they are stupid, to poor to own horses, not educated enough to breed - neglectful,uncaring, selfish and more.

I don't think those are ok or nice either but that is part of what comes with the Internet and realizing just cause someone voices there opinions loudly, pushy or rudely doesnt make them any more true then others

Now that said I am not sure I would be upset or even feel you need to defend yourself. It just adds fuel to there fire

*IF* I am remembering correctly this person can be fined $10,000.00 per picture that she is using illegally.

Steph, if I were you, I'd take a deep breath and step away from the computer for awhile. To be honest, I've been visiting this forum for years and don't remember reading much about this filly of yours and I've visited the FHOD site a few times, but wouldn't have made the connection without reading this post. Following up on what's taken place, all I can say is I do believe you can get your photo off of that website quite easily thanks to the copyright laws. Notice that there is a way to "flag" blogs for objectionable content at the top of the screen. If that doesn't work, I'm sure contacting blogspot will take care of it, no lawyer needed.

I hope you read this because I know we've not seen eye to eye in the past. This situation doesn't seem like such a big deal to me, but I don't think it's fun sit back and see anyone hurt like this. If I were you, I'd stop deleting your life Online and just take a break, enjoy and refocus on your family and pets. The world really isn't "mostly" bad people (you've got many great friends here), and I believe you can handle those who are out there by dealing with situations like this sensibly and not letting the small stuff effect you so much.

[SIZE=14pt]great advice from Ruff N Tuff and mininik :aktion033: . i know it's hard to put blinders on when things are directed at you, but this seems to be really stressing you out so as said, take a deep breath and focus on the good and don't fuel the negative, that's what they are hoping for. Nikki[/SIZE]

Thank you all. Nicole, we haven't always seen eye to eye, that's true. I don't really understand why this has upset me so bad. I have usually found you to be too "outspoken" for my taste, but thank you for your words, they really do mean a lot.

Kay, thank you for the copy of that letter. I'll edit it and send this person a copy.

I guess my big thing is that I just can't understand how people can be so mean. I grew up in a "nice" family, meaning no matter what we really thought, we were ALWAYS nice to each other, no matter what. I wasn't nice to my real mom once and the next time I saw her was at her funeral. There are consequences to each and every action. Some of those consequences may be good and some bad, depending on the action.

You know, could someone do me a favor and do a real critique on Faith? I'm barn blind and don't really know what I'm looking at anyway. If someone could do that for me, I could email them a picture.

Thank you all so much. I'm proud to call you all my friends
default_wub.png
:

Unfortunately, Steph is beyond well within reason to be even remotely "upset". It's cruel enough to be "characterized" as a substandard caregiver of pets, but it's an entirely whole new level of defamation when her very standard of motherhood is being addressed.

That said.... I agree, this is the best advice of all....

[SIZE=14pt]take a deep breath and focus on the good and don't fuel the negative, that's what they are hoping for. Nikki[/SIZE]
:saludando: AMEN to THAT!
default_yes.gif
:

I think anyone would be upset to be attacked in this way. And I cant stand people thinking that just because something is on the internet they can take it and use it any way they want. When I had artwork published online I fought this and we had people stealing cmhr pictures a few years back and using them in a deragatory way. Its not right. This is why we have copyright infringement laws to protect us.

If this person asked for permission to use the photographs and took the time to get the real story on the pictures then it could be educational. But I dont think its very educational to attack people and use pictures with no idea of what the real story is

Well I'm guessing that no one has read the last comment on the board??? If so, I can only imagine the outcry that one will lead to. Truth be told...that forum makes me feel like this is a "real family" of caring individuals. Yes we all debate, argue and scream sometimes, but at least we don't get downright nasty like the people on that forum.

MARY LOU....you do a wonderful job here!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aktion033:

Steph, i'm so sorry that you're going through this. Sometimes we just have to let things roll off our shoulders for our own sanity. You can only do as good as you're doing. Continue looking out for your family and pets, and that's all that needs to be done.
default_wub.png
:

Just found this on their site....

http://www.blogger.com/content.g

You can contact Google and they can interfer with the content. Tell them that the image of your child on this site, leads you to fear that it may be used for "unappropriate" acts, and you never gave permission for the site to use it.

I can't help it....I keep going back to the fugly site and reading the comments. Have you seen that they are now attacking mini owners/breeders? Whew!! These folks are brutal!!! I thought things got kind of rough around here sometimes, but nothing compared to these folks!!! :no:

Latest posts

Back