Huybers Utopia 2014 foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bonny, her link is in the first post on this thread, on page 1. Sorry, but I can't seem to copy it here.

Last edited:
How did you make out in the storm? I know it was wicked here in Moncton. Did you lose power?

Last edited by a moderator:
All babies stayed safely in their mommas for the storm, thank goodness. It would have been impossible to get a vet out if Dream had not had any milk when she foaled. But both are still holding, so we continue to count days. We're at day 337 (no udder) and 320 (huge udder, milk not ready yet). But we are getting closer, I can feel it in my bones.

Thank goodness they weren't ready to make their appearance yesterday. That storm was wild.

Ok, as of this afternoon, Dream has been up and down, rolling and looking at her belly, her vulva is hanging and puffed out. Still no udder.

Ladybugs' milk is now bright yellow and very sticky, I've had her foal at this stage and I've also had her wait until her milk was white. But if Dream foals, I can almost guarantee that LB will too, she just hates being left behind in foaling.

Looks promising for this weekend.

Good luck Amanda - praying for safe smooth foalings for them both!
default_pray.gif

Good Luck!! Praying for your mare's safe foaling and healthy babies!! I will be watching when I can!

This morning LB's udder is massive, rock hard and nipples are filled. Her milk is changed from yellow to opaque white, glue sticky which crystallizes on her nipples. Still not testing in the foaling range but is so close. Day 322 today.

322.JPG

Dream, God love her, still has no udder. but baby is alive so I guess we just pray I catch her foaling cause she is obviously not going to udder up before hand. She's at day 339 today.

Looks like LB has udder to spare. Maybe Dream just thinks she can't compete with that beautiful udder! But I'm sure she'll produce once baby arrives!

I had a thought. I'm getting LB's milk no problem, looked on the internet and a colostrum collection site said that it was ok to collect colostrum from a mare that is just about to foal. So that is what I will do if Dream foals with no udder. Bless little Ladybug she is gonna help me out if need be.

Ladybug's milk has change from 7.8 pH, and 250 hardness to 6.8 pH and 500 hardness tonight. She'll likely foal either tonight or tomorrow night.

Prayers for safe foaling and a healthy baby!!! I will be watching when I can! Hope to see a sweet little foal come into this world!!!!!

Both ladies just grazing their stalls. No little ones yet. Praying for safe and uneventful arrivals!

Hopefully she isn't messing with you because it is April Fool's.
default_whistling.gif
Safe foaling.
default_pray.gif

Latest posts

Back