Huybers Utopia 2014 foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday morning update. Maybe, maybe a bit of progress in Dream's udder, and Ladybug is continuing to make her usual OMG sized udder, her milk is not testing ready yet though. I think they are scheming to foal together!

Dream, day 326

326.JPG

Ladybug day 308

308.JPG

I think we still have a week or so for both. But both are on cam now just in case.

Just so you can see why I say LB still has at least a week to go, here is her udder last year on the day she foaled, she believes in supplying her babies with a ton of milk!

IMG_1351.JPG

WOW!! The perfect picture of an udder on a mare about to foal!! Still some reach those preportions slowly, some very fast, and some foal without getting anywhere close - they just like to keep us guessiing! LOL!!

Well Dream is at day 328 today, still no significant udder. She's just gonna drop and deliver a foal sometime with no warning. Scares the heck out of me.

Ladybug (day 310) on the other hand has a huge udder with nipples beginning to fill and her milk has started changing. I still think she'll go another week, but you never know.

The other three are holding off, thank goodness.

And so I continue to wait on pins and needles, praying for an udder to appear soon.

Wow Amanda! Ladybug IS huge... Cant wait to see your foals!!

Wow!!! Check out those boobies!!!
default_worshippy.gif

Good luck Amanda and safe foaling for whoever goes first - or for both if they have decided on a double act!!

Ok, same old same old. Dream day 329, no udder, milk slightly sticky. Ladybug day 312, milk medium sticky, but not testing in the ready to go range yet. I'm hoping Ladybug will go first so I'll have colostrum for Dream if it is needed. That's my plan anyways, who knows what they are planning. Girls are out for the day in the sunshine.

Afternoon update. Dream is getting closer now. Her tail head is sunken, her vulva is loose, poos are soft, and her milk is testing the ready range for pH and not ready in the calcium department. Her udder is marginally bigger than this morning. I dont think she is gonna udder up much. I'm putting her on a much closer watching schedule from now on. I think she's working on something.

Ladybugs milk is testing not ready in both ranges so far, but everything else seems good to go with her.

I'll update again tonight if anything changes radically. I do night checks at 11pm my time.

Keep us posted. Sounds like Dream will have to make that udder during birthing -- but all should be fine. With baby trying to nurse once born, I'll bet she'll turn into a cow within a day! LOL

Looking forward to your next update!

11pm check. Dream's udder is showing what I am optomistically calling the beginning of some progress, her milk is testing ready in the pH range but not in hardness yet. Tonight I saw her pawing which she never does, and a few lip curls. Things seem to be moving in the right direction. Maybe this weekend?

I wouldn't be too surprised if you post of a new foal within the next two days if her ph is testing ready!! Watch her close and good luck!

Sounds like the time has come to be parking yourself in the barn - good luck and safe foaling/s!

Well we are having a great big rain storm, wind and slashing rain, but Dream eats on like nothing is happening. I think she will never have this baby. DAy 330 and no real udder. I sure wish she'd give me some indication of when she might go. It's hard living on pins and needles like this thinking it could happen at any moment.

Day 331, still no udder. Every morning I wake with optimism that there will be an udder and every morning I'm sadly disappointed. Ladybug's milk is not ready yet. So no babies today. All horses are out for the day. CAm will go back on in the afternoon. Someday Dream will have to foal whether she likes it or not. That baby can't live in there forever.

Latest posts

Back