Huybers Utopia 2014 foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost 1pm here and her udder is a little fuller on one side and the nipples look fuller. So maybe she is starting. Or maybe I'm doing some wishful thinking. Will take evening pics to see if there is any real difference.

As close as she is, it's very possible she finally got herself together, and decided to get ready~! LOL

nah, I think it was wishful thinking, Here is her huge udder tonight. Sigh. I dont know what she is thinking, it's been a gorgeous weekend, you'd think she'd kick it into gear. Although maybe she is just putting on the spots Diane! I'd love to see a blanket on this one, and not one I put on myself after it is born
default_smile.png

319pm.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, sometimes it takes a little "extra" time to put on those SPOTS~!! But we can wait, if that's what she's doing!

Well I called the vet to give her a heads up that trouble may be on it's way, she was unexcited. She feels Dream will bag up before she foals but if not they have domperidone at the clinic that we can use to bring her milk in. Hopefully that wont be necessary. But we are ready in case we need to. Nothing more today, just a pathetic little udder. meanwhile LB's udder keeps getitng bigger, might have to put her on cam soon. But she usually gets sticky milk before she foals, so I'll likely just watch her real close.

We all feel that she will fill just before or at foaling, but I always believe it is better to give a 'heads-up' than not to do it, and find your vet is out of something. Good going!

hey Amanda, looks like you should be getting some very ogrgeous babies real soon! very excitiing for you!
I'm surprised you don't have LB on camera lol, she looks fit to bursting!
come on Dream, have your baby!and grow an udder!

fingers crossed all goes well for you
default_smile.png

LB will get a huge udder and will get sticky milk before she foals, so I feel pretty safe there Cassie. Dream on the other hand is making me so nervous, she was laying down today while I was at work and she looked for all the world like she was having contractions. I was having a nervous breakdown. Then she got up and started eating. I'll be glad when this one is over, I hate not having the udder/milk to indicate when she might go.

This morning I went into the stall and she looked like she had had the baby, so it is dropped into position, but still no udder
default_sad.png
. she'll be staying in all day today as I am off to work until 3pm my time.

Still storming here.

IMG_1857.JPG

IMG_1858.JPG

IMG_1860.JPG

323.JPG

Good thinking. From the side shot, it looks like baby still has to move a bit forward of center, but better safe than sorry!

Hey Diane and everyone, yes baby is still getting a free ride inside momma. Still no signs of udder to speak of!! I've put her out for the day and she'll go back in at 3 pm when I get home from work. Ladybug is going on cam the weekend as well because her udder is huge! and she's at day 307 today (I've had her foal at day 311 before). Full moon on Sunday, I pray that gets something moving even if it's just a bit of uddering I'll take it. It totally would not surprise me if Ladybug goes before Dream at this rate.

Here is Dream's pathetic udder last night:

323.JPG

And Ladybugs udder last night:

305.JPG

Going to have to go back and look, but I'm thinking there might be a change in Dream's udder? Headed back to look at the pictures!

And yes, Ladybug looks like she's getting quite ready in the udder department. A little filling of her nipples and she should be good to go!!

Not long to wait for Ladybug I'm thinking! Good luck!!

As for Dream, I agree it does look as though there is a small development - lets hope it continues quickly.
default_yes.gif

Well, maybe i'm just too close to the situation but I'm seeing no real progress in Dream, but Ladybug is looking good. Here are today's pics, Saturday March 15th

Dream, DAy 325

IMG_1872.JPG

IMG_1868.JPG

And Ladybug Day 308

IMG_1867.JPGIMG_1873.JPG

/monthly_03_2014/post-8375-0-02352300-1394367097_thumb.jpg/monthly_03_2014/post-8375-0-01268000-1394890605_thumb.jpg March 9th vs March 15th.

I see some separation and more definition of the udder's two sides. I'm hopeful that this is showing there are changes going on, and that she will do some filling.

Well Dream's baby was bopping around like a mad man this afternoon, which did not make Dream very happy, so maybe he was positioning for the big event. I'll check on her around 11pm, then go to bed if things do not look any more promising.

I would be sitting with Ladybug right now - Dream as obviously decided to let Ladybug show us her baby first!

Latest posts

Back