Huybers Utopia 2014 foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10pm Friday night. Dream's udder is actually bigger than at suppertime, and she's rolling and staring at her belly. Woohoo, I have hope! Oh and her vulva is pouching out, no wrinkels and a nasty purple red inside. It all sounds good.

Ladybugs milk has just started changing, not testing ready yet, but sticky/oily, opaque, yellowish. So we are heading in the right direction.

Exciting!! Sending prayers for a safe smooth foaling!
default_pray.gif

VERY exciting news! Keep us posted, and praying for safe and uneventful foalings!!

Things are pretty much the same this morning as they were last night.

Dream is at day 332, udder is just beginning to look like she might be starting, Can only get a tiny drop of milk so cannot test it, but it is sticky.

332.JPG

IMG_1913.JPG

IMG_1917.JPG

IMG_1918.JPG

Ladybug is at day 315 and her milk is easy to express, beginning to be sticky, slightly opaque and testing just below the ready range, so I think she has a few days to go.

315.JPG

The girls are out for the morning sunshine and exercise. Will bring in Dream after lunch and Ladybug only if she looks like she's making more progress. Ladybug always gets very sticky, thick milk before she foals, so I am not worried that she'll pull a fast one on me and I can see her from the house in her paddock.

I'm praying for a baby this weekend, but I'll take it whenever it comes. There's no rushing these foals.

I am watching and anxiously waiting with you Amanda!

Thanks Holly, you know the misery that the waiting can give, but we all know how quickly we forget it when baby arrives safe. Lunch time checks show everyone holding at the same place as this morning. They are all snoozing in the spring sunshine, you'd think that would get them moving. Will update at suppertime if there are changes.

/monthly_03_2014/post-8375-0-09934300-1394969900_thumb.jpg/monthly_03_2014/post-8375-0-57154800-1395496766_thumb.jpg

March 16th Today

Yes, there are some changes going on at last!! Slow but steady -- so she should fill nicely, even if she waits until birthing.

Here's hoping that they will both foal while the warmer weather lasts! Glad you know what Ladybug normally does, because with that udder she looks really close! Dream is obviously one who fills her udder during foaling!

Good luck!

Everything is the same this morning. LB's milk is slowly changing, getting more opaque and more sticky, but still not in the foaling range but her nipples are starting to fill. Dream's udder didin't do too much overnight. I had visions of it being a real udder this morning but alas that was not to be.
default_smile.png
So I've thrown them both out in the sunshine and snow. Dream will go back in around 1 pm.

Ladybug day 316

316.JPG

And Dream day 333

333.JPG

Not too much changing this morning. I do believe there is small progress with Dream's udder, but it is small. Ladybugs udder is just about foaling size for her but her milk is not testing quite ready yet. Her vulva is very pouched out and red inside. She's not too far from foaling now. Dream is inside today, but LB is out for exercise.

334.JPG

IMG_1931.JPG

IMG_1932.JPG

317.JPG

And now LB's foal is kicking like mad and it is lower in her belly and up near her tail head. That usually means business with her. I pray not though, as it is -15 outside and windy, she'd be wise to hold on to baby until tomorrow at least. Also Dream has not layed down once today and she usually does at least 2-3 times for a nap. Put a blanket on her as she was shivering like mad at suppertime, will take it off later on if she warms up some.

Praying those temperatures rise quickly for you and the girls.
default_yes.gif

Hoping temperatures rise quickly for you....and the new babies arriving.

Update for March 25th. LB's udder is even bigger today, nipples are starting to point away from each other, but the milk is not ready yet. Day 318

318.JPG

Dream's udder is not worth posting a pic of, but I'm pretty certain at this point, she's just gonna foal and to heck with the udder. Day 335

335.JPG

And LB's 2009 baby, Fly has started her udder, at day 300. She'll be like LB and have a huge udder when she foals. This is her second baby.

IMG_1937.JPG

Buffy and Nellie are waiting for the other girls to get done before they start.

Ha! All looks good....except for Dream's udder.....silly girl! So much easier when it fills, but it will probably come in like a cow once the time is right!!

Can't wait to see one of them show us a little one!

Not sure the point of this update, same old same old here. We have a severe winter storm blowing through presently, but it doesn't seem to have affected the mares at all.

Here is Ladybug day 319

319.JPG

And Dreams' non existant udder day 336

336.JPG

Guess I'll just sit and watch them until the power goes out, which the warning is that it will happen just a matter of when.

Can you post a link again to your barn cam Amanda? I dont want to miss it
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back