Huybers Utopia 2014 foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is very exciting. I don't know the answer to your question, though. Sorry.

I don't know if you already know this, but the colostrum is good in the fridge for 24 hrs. If there is no foal in 24 hrs then it should be frozen. when needed it can be unfroze in the sink gradually with warm water.

All I can find is for big horses and they need 400ml to a litre. I seem to remember that minis need 200 cc. I just cant remember where I read that.

Thanks guys, I've been told 60 mls for a mini, 200-400 for a biggy. So I've begun collection already and have 15 mls saved so far and once she foals I'll get a bit extra too just to be certain.

Congrats Amanda! Beautiful foal!

default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Oh I missed it but I see a sweet little foal in there!!!! Congratulations!!! I guess this foaling time of year taking a break from watching to make dinner is taking a risk of missing it!!! So Ok hubby no dinner through foaling season!!!! Lol

Many congratulations Amanda - what a cute little bubby!! Cant wait for the pics and details.
default_thumbup.gif

I see your legs in there with Dream. Just got home, so wondering if you're seeing signs of her going into labor, or just checking her out. Looks like baby is in there sideways! She's as wide as she is tall! Going back to watch now! Praying for a safe and uneventful delivery is she's decided it's time. And you KNOW I'm praying for SPOTS!!!

Last edited:
Well as you all know I got a April Fools Colt, his name is Huybers Utopia Ace of Spades (Ace for his barn name). LB went down and had lots of contractions but nothing showed up, I went in and felt what I was pretty sure was the unbroken placenta. So I let her push 3 or 4 times more until I saw the blood red bag and tore it open. Everything was perfectly aligned so baby came out with a bit of help to make sure he didn't run out of oxygen and with him came the placenta. So I had to tie it off and cut it with scissors which was a new thing for me. Placenta intact and healthy so baby was not without oxygen for long. He's a little spitfire, so no ill effects.

Now on to dear sweet Dream. She is at day 344 tonight, no udder at all. Vulva is pouched out and violent red looking. She's been butt rubbing, belly talking and pawing a bit. Other than that I've no idea when she'll foal, but baby is alive. it has to come out eventually, right? I mean no one has ever had a mare die because she never went into labor. At least I pray that is true. Other than be uncomfortable she seems fairly content and always eats all her food. So I wait.

What a handsome boy!! Congratulations on a job well done, and a GREAT SAVE!!!! Fantastic news -- and a little cutie pie to boot!!

We'll just wait on Dream. She'll deliver in her good time -- we just pray it will be soon! LOL We'll have to do what Anna says -- tell her we're not going to watch her anymore since she's not doing anything to watch. (Of course YOU will know we're still watching! But.....shhhhhhhh........)

Oh my what a beautiful little guy you now have! Congrats again and thanks for posting a picture for us to see!!!

Now on to watch Dream!! She is laying down now and looks to be comfortable. Praying for a safe delivery and healthy foal!!!

What a cute little fella - and a great save with the red bag, well done you!!

Good luck with Dream and prayers for a safe foaling.
default_pray.gif

Latest posts

Back