Huybers Utopia 2014 foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. So here we are at day 344 for Dream and I 'think' she feels fuller and maybe you can see it in the pics?

Here is day 339

336.JPG

and today 344

344.JPG

Meanwhile Fly is making a lovely huge udder at day 305 and Buffy is at day 314, so I've got to get Dream out of that foaling stall soon!!

Nothing new to report today. I wonder if anyone has had a mare that never foaled?

Day 345

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, talk to me AFTER DAY 365! Remember, I had a mare who foaled at day 365 like clockwork -- every year without missing once. Even after I sold her, the new buyer was so worried as she hadn't foaled. I had to laugh when I reminded her of the 'day' she could expect the baby without question. She thought I was kidding when I told her when she bought her. So, on day 365 the new little one arrived "right on schedule".
default_yes.gif

Well Diane we are creeping slowly towards a year for poor Dream. I see filling and can definitely feel it, but surely she'll go quickly at this point. LOL, wishful thinking on my part. She'll likely take another two weeks to fill completely.

Here is her udder yesterday

345.JPG

and today.

IMG_2024.JPG

News, was doing evening udder checks and noticed that Fly's udder is starting to have the rubbery, shiny look and is very firm. So expressed some 'milk' and it was fairly sticky, so I took a sample into the house and tested it. pH is at 6.8 and hardness only 100. But it is definitely time to bring her under camera. She'll be under cam tomorrow night. Maybe I'll throw Dream out and put her in her stall LOL.

I think she is at day 309 today.

309.JPG

Just took a peek at Dream and she is grazing around her stall, looking very cool, calm and collective!!!!!!! She is soooo wide poor thing, she has got to be uncomfortable!! She must want to have her baby asap!!!!!! Hopefully she will foal soon, I will say a prayer for her to foal safely and soon!!!

Woohoo, so I'm sure Dream's udder has started now! I'm so excited to know she will have milk for her baby when it decides to come.

Yesterday

346.JPG

And today, day 347

347.JPG

YEAH!!! With that much progress in one day, I'd watch her like a hawk! This could be the ultimate climax to foaling! I can't get the cam to come up, but I'll keep trying.

COME ONE DREAM!!! You're doing great!

Can't wait for your announcementSSSSSS !!

Last edited:
Udder is looking lovely now, her milk is bright yellow, sticky, and oily. woo hoo. Not too long now, maybe tonight the way she's moving along. Excited to see this little one now that I know he'll/she'll have food to eat. Bring it on Dream, I'm way ready!!!

Day 349. pH is ~7.5, hardness 250 so not ready but not too far off.

349.JPG

Moving along at a rapid rate. pH went from around 7.4 this morning to 6.8 this afternoon. Milk is turning whitish and I can express a ton with each pull. BAby will do just fine for his first meal. So relieved about that. Can't wait for this stubborn little bundle .

Udder on day 350, hard to believe 3 days ago she had no real udder at all. Milk is turning whiter, pH is about 6.4 at 430pm today. I'm guessing later on tonight.

350.JPG

Yes she's ready to go!! Good luck - looking forward to a morning announcement.
default_yes.gif

Come on Dream! Stop grazing that stall and get down to work! We're all waiting.......
default_whistling.gif

Ok Deam let us see your little baby! She looks so uncomfortable hopefully she will foal soon! I will say a prayer for a safe foaling to happen soon and a healthy little one too!

Latest posts

Back